Purchasing an established website

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you think purchasing an established website is a good idea?

Based on the domain age too, a website worth can be calculated and probably by making some changes, we might able to revive it. So, what do you all think? Is it a good idea to purchase such websites? I can't decide as the website owner is giving up on it, by putting up in a sale. Usually old members wouldn't want to go through a change of ownership too, most of the time.

It depends how bug are your plans and how much you have to back it up for future updates.

Based on the domain age too, a website worth can be calculated and probably by making some changes, we might able to revive it. So, what do you all think? Is it a good idea to purchase such websites? I can't decide as the website owner is giving up on it, by putting up in a sale. Usually old members wouldn't want to go through a change of ownership too, most of the time.
Depends on the price, and if you are knowledgeable in the industry where the site is in.

Maybe if it's a PTC site it could be worth it, because lets be honest, most people can run a PTC site if its already coded.

But it's it a site for a design studio, you will obviously have to know design xD

Either way though, purchasing an already established site can definitely help you both 1) save time and 2) get ranking on google immediately. Ranking on google can take months and if you buy an already established site, that is probably already done.

Depends on the price, and if you are knowledgeable in the industry where the site is in.

Maybe if it's a PTC site it could be worth it, because lets be honest, most people can run a PTC site if its already coded.

But it's it a site for a design studio, you will obviously have to know design xD

Either way though, purchasing an already established site can definitely help you both 1) save time and 2) get ranking on google immediately. Ranking on google can take months and if you buy an already established site, that is probably already done.
Ranking in google is a great perk. It's just that, I usually have mixed feelings when it comes to established websites especially forums.
Even if the DB is offered, most of those members wouldn't come back to take part in forum discussions again.

I do agree that if you have enough knowledge, you can revive such websites easily. As for time saving, if you are going for a revamp, then it doesn't really matter. Usually people do that a lot to attract more attention.

Ranking in google is a great perk. It's just that, I usually have mixed feelings when it comes to established websites especially forums.
Even if the DB is offered, most of those members wouldn't come back to take part in forum discussions again.

I do agree that if you have enough knowledge, you can revive such websites easily. As for time saving, if you are going for a revamp, then it doesn't really matter. Usually people do that a lot to attract more attention.
Yeah, oftentimes, even if nothing changes, users don't necessarily like a transfer of ownership.

That's why it's usually more beneficial for the one selling, they can sell at the "peak" of the forums valuation if we're talking a forum. After the purchase there is no guarantee the current users will stay though.

Yeah, oftentimes, even if nothing changes, users don't necessarily like a transfer of ownership.

That's why it's usually more beneficial for the one selling, they can sell at the "peak" of the forums valuation if we're talking a forum. After the purchase there is no guarantee the current users will stay though.
That's the reason why I feel starting something from scratch, is the best solution. Of course there are a few niche related websites like language related websites or genre related websites. In that case, reviving those websites wouldn't be too hard, if you got good content.
Also, as a webmaster, I usually wouldn't want to sell something when I see good enough activity in my website. Well, it's just a personal opinion of mine and I will try to come up with future plans, to get even more traffic to that website.

That's the reason why I feel starting something from scratch, is the best solution. Of course there are a few niche related websites like language related websites or genre related websites. In that case, reviving those websites wouldn't be too hard, if you got good content.
Also, as a webmaster, I usually wouldn't want to sell something when I see good enough activity in my website. Well, it's just a personal opinion of mine and I will try to come up with future plans, to get even more traffic to that website.
I'm fully on board with you to be honest, it also feels a lot more rewarding to build something from scratch. You aren't just paying for what is essentially someone else's work.

It also feels like you would have a lot more control and knowledge of the website, since you have built it from the bottom and up.

To be honest it is good idea to buy established websites as it already have visitors and it also have earnings means you are ready to expand that website and you can improve that website. It reduce your work if you choose to start form scratch.

I think its still okay as you can purchase an old sites and that is if you have plans on running them to achieve your desires goals

If the website have a good ranking with quality content, you can buy it and monitize it with different monitization method

It's a good idea but only as long as you can manage it well and also help it grow in the future. Even if the website is well established, this doesn't mean you won't have to work anymore on it.

Well, if you have necessary skills and expertise (website creation, SEO, content development, etc.), I recommend you to build your own website. Wht should you spend $300-$400 for a website when you can start with zero cost (provided you already have a domain, hosting and content writing skills). However, if you are thinking to biy established site make sure the website has original contents and thye traffic is real.

Buying an established websites comes with lots benefits. Established site eleminates the struggles that comes building of s site from the scratch. One of the things experienced by the new website is sandbox effect. This is when new site is under review by the search engine to know the right niche to place it. Also trial and error is not longer parts of the equation with established website. Once you acquire it you need to scale it and maximize it's potential to the fullest.

sure, however this is "twofold edged blade". On the available you get site with history, perhaps traffic, content, joins. Then again this site may utilized terrible SEO rehearses or was tainted with infections. Other than content inside might be coordinated gravely, and it will be a genuine cerebral pain to fix.

To settle on a choice you need some examination, investigation history information, check for Google boycotts or punishments, check how high it gets in quest rankings for various keywords.

Know Your Time and Money Limits. Before you think about buying a website and take inventory of how much time and money you can afford to invest. Look In The Right Niches. Do Your Due Diligence. Make an Offer. Improve the website and Evaluate What Your website is Worth. Find Your Buyer.

Building an online business from scratch is like attempting to push a car, the greatest amount of energy is required at the beginning in order to get things moving. When you buy a website from a previous owner, it’s like pushing a vehicle that is already moving and has momentum.

All depends on you and what you hope to get after purchasing such website. If the website have good traffic and can have access to web then its a good such to start a blog or something that make the traffic being generated by the website turn gold for you. But the price of such website aren't cheap. Goodluck.

You can purchase old website and probably revive with by generating traffic to it.
There is nothing wrong in buying a website be it old or new.
My kindid advice is that you should be able to have enough knowledge as a webmaster for you to make such decision.

There are reason why you think that buying a website for your business can be helpful.
If you have future plan that can benefit you in terms of investing you can go ahead.

I never purchased so, i don't have any idea about this.really i have listened that people who buy established website than they developed more in future for continuing the work if it is more profitable than this goes higher very much.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back