Playing with a set that isn't yours

Kaynil

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 23, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Something that stopped me from picking up the guitar again after I came to Australia was that I left my guitar in Mexico. Even though my friend and roommate was kind enough to say I could borrow his I never felt comfortable to pick it up, and because he already had like 4 guitars in the room I didn't think to buy an extra one was a good idea at the time of sharing space, haha.

I am just too nervous about damaging other people's property and yet I am afraid to commit to a big expense because I haven't fiddled with something enough to know for sure I like it enough to commit. Haha.

that said guitars are easier to pick up, I was wondering if different drum setups could really catch someone off-guard and make them uncomfortable playing a set that isn't theirs.

So, how about you?
How comfortable and how easy do you find yourself playing something that doesn't belong to you?

Other people's stuff isn't a big deal. Well, most stuff is set-up similar - and what's different can be easily learned.

I was wondering if different drum setups could really catch someone off-guard and make them uncomfortable playing a set that isn't theirs.

An exception could be double-bass drums (or a double bass pedal on a regular set). If someone can't play the genre - then they'd be caught off-guard.

I prefer to play with my own drum-set as it feels more comfortable to me, but this is not always possible during a live concert. When promoters decide to organise the backline, each drummer usually brings their own toms. I like this as I can hit them as hard as I want, without the fear of breaking someone else's equipment. But sharing the bass drum is stressful and I hate providing it, as I do not feel comfortable with others using my equipment.

I have always wished I know how to play at least one musical instrument, I have invested my time alsoin learning on how to play the piano/keyboard but it has not seemed to work well for me I also tried Learning the bass guitar and lead guitar but I have not yet learnt well.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back