What's new

People believing a place is haunted hurt your chances of selling?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever tried to sell a property that past owners claimed to be haunted? Supposedly there was a murder that took place on the property before the house was even built, and now people claim it's haunted. I have literally lived in the house for months and never had an issue. I am also not much of a believer in the supernatural, so it bugs me that it's so tough to sell properties like this.

What do you think one should do about this? It's as if everyone who shows interest in the property, they end up finding out about the supposed haunting. Once someone hears it's haunted they bow out. Any suggestions on how to sort this out? The place isn't haunted, I think it's just people in the area making a dumb story about something that happened in the past.

The best way to sell a property that is said to be haunted is to tell the client the situation before they hear it from other neighbors, not all people believe that supernatural things exist, personally I am indifferent to the comments about it if the property has the benefits I am looking for.

I actually think there are supernatural things but the supernatural doesn't have any business with the living,explaining the situation broadly to the buyer to understand can lead to the property being sold and i don't think it will affect the buyer,it's just mere supertision.

Such things do spoil ones business most especially selling of landed properties and fixed assets because when people attach such believes to a thing they will not only refuse to promote the business but also discourage others from buying such property even when rented out rumours will be passed and the tenants there will want to leave.

I guess don't buy a rumoured hunted house in the first place. First the buyers will get skeptical.. because that house is said to be hunted and why are you selling.

I do not understand how a house would be hurting the occupant or those living it in. is even possible for a haunted house to exist? Those are simply fictions and do not happen in real life. They are more like imaginations. I doubt if it happens as they say.

Well there is a saying that he who is ignorant will never know the depth of danger lurking in a particular place. Actually there are some dangerous haunted houses that you shouldn't even bother buying because you might end up loosing your life all because you want to acquire a property most especially in the rural areas, that's why before you do you need to make inquiry from the people around about the place you are buying in other to be on a safe side. So there are really hated places.

Yes I have heard a lot about this kind of thing and if I'm on this kind of situation I think I will also how out of buying the house just because I don't like drama of any sort and I don't want anybody to start believing I'm part of the issue due to rumour

Haunted house stories, made by people who want to buy the house at the price of the house, If the house owner or seller believes in a supernatural story then he will immediately sell the house at a low price, you can sell the house to people from outside, or the house can be You live in it for a while, and prove the house is safe and haunted, so that you can sell the house at market price.

This situation is complicated so the best is to avoid selling or buying or renting house in this situation because it will have many problems by case described.

Yes, this can really hurt your ability to move the asset. But again, there is a good number of people who can take that property and convert it to visiting destinations for those interested in the story behind it. You just have to change your strategy for selling such a property.

I actually think there are supernatural things but the supernatural doesn't have any business with the living,explaining the situation broadly to the buyer to understand can lead to the property being sold and i don't think it will affect the buyer,it's just mere supertision.
Actually, every thing formed in the physical originates from the spiritual but that aside most people take some things very seriously like a,house they would live in for years so they would take precation and might not want a haunted house especially the spiritual ones.
Post automatically merged:

Actually, every thing formed in the physical originates from the spiritual but that aside most people take some things very seriously like a,house they would live in for years so they would take precation and might not want a haunted house especially the spiritual ones.

I don't think you should sell out a property which is claimed to be haunted, this is because you don't really believe in spirituality and also you have not had any bad experience using the property

I wouldn't want to involve myself in such not as an agent nor as a buyer. I really don't believe in such things but I have seen how it can render a property worthless.

I lived in a house where someone had died once but nothing ever happened to make me think it was haunted. If someone told me beforehand that a house was possessed I would think about it because I have had a scary experience when I stayed in a bed and breakfast one night. I cannot explain what happened.

Have you ever tried to sell a property that past owners claimed to be haunted? Supposedly there was a murder that took place on the property before the house was even built, and now people claim it's haunted. I have literally lived in the house for months and never had an issue. I am also not much of a believer in the supernatural, so it bugs me that it's so tough to sell properties like this.

What do you think one should do about this? It's as if everyone who shows interest in the property, they end up finding out about the supposed haunting. Once someone hears it's haunted they bow out. Any suggestions on how to sort this out? The place isn't haunted, I think it's just people in the area making a dumb story about something that happened in the past.
It depends on the area you are, some people believe in superstitions and sincerely speaking selling a house with a haunted history true or rumours will be difficult

I have never sold a property that has the history of being hunted in time past. If such exists, then that will definitely be a bad market for someone

I do not believe stuff like this as it is nothing but superstitious idea in the mind of the people who have chosen to waste their time to believe in such.

Yes that's true if the location of the place is in a very good area, the are and the location of the place matters a lot, that is one basic reason why that happens

A haunted house can be bad news for sellers but I think it depends largely on the environment and the kind of buyer, not everyone is superstitious so a seller has to have the proper knowledge in order to convince a buyer when selling a presumed haunted house

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back