Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
A while back I worked at a site where you had to do the subtitles for videos. You would be paid based off of how close you were to what was actually said. The only downside, is that they paid you by how many minutes you complete. And keep in mind, you could be on a 5 minute video for 30 plus minutes. For me, the pay wasn't worth it, so I dropped out.

But, are there any similar services? But ones that may pay more?

A while back I worked at a site where you had to do the subtitles for videos. You would be paid based off of how close you were to what was actually said. The only downside, is that they paid you by how many minutes you complete. And keep in mind, you could be on a 5 minute video for 30 plus minutes. For me, the pay wasn't worth it, so I dropped out.

Oh that's should be great if anyone pays us for doing subtitles

That sounds awesome being paid for providing subtitles for videos. It can be a great earning method if you are keen at listening and knowing the words that are being said. Which site were you doing such a job?

I never really thought people get paid for typing the subtitles.

Usually I see a lot of fan work alone and this never cross my mind before. Now, it makes sense but usually we get subtitles for free, for almost any movie out there, unless it's not popular enough. As for me, I don't think I will ever accept such a job. I highly doubt anyone would offer a decent pay for such a service. It all comes down to our passion as well.
If we like something, even if the pay is low, we would still accept it.

I would like also to know the name of the website, can you share ?

Sites like that are extremely rare as they involve quite good language experts. But I think one can delve into transcribing sites like QA world and others. Though they are quite stressful but they are worth the risk.

The only sites I know are TranscribeMe and Rev. They both pay for audio translation into text, so you are basically given an audio and you have to write down the lines. Keep in mind that, first, you have to be accepted as a worker. You will have to take a test and based on that one, you are either qualified or not. I think it's worth trying, but I got myself rejected by both sites as my application form or I dont know, maybe test result, wasn't properly good.
As an idea, you really have to be good at it and develop the skill required.

Good information. Thanks for dropping it. But I think the error isn't worth it. It ok for a newbie to venture into MD earn some bucks. Money must be made.

I never really thought people get paid for typing the subtitles.

Usually I see a lot of fan work alone and this never cross my mind before. Now, it makes sense but usually we get subtitles for free, for almost any movie out there, unless it's not popular enough. As for me, I don't think I will ever accept such a job. I highly doubt anyone would offer a decent pay for such a service. It all comes down to our passion as well.
If we like something, even if the pay is low, we would still accept it.
Youtube is providing service of subtitle for free but for some videos not all of them I don't know why.

Youtube is providing service of subtitle for free but for some videos not all of them I don't know why.
YouTube subtitles are not perfect. I suppose it's better than nothing and sometimes it's hard for YouTube to provide subtitles when the language is not that popular.
Usually I try to get the subtitles from other websites like suscene or subtitles.org most of the time.
So try those websites if you want subtitles for a movie. I don't use YouTube much, so I don't know most of the features, to be honest.

Good that you were paid before on such site for subtitling a video. I need such app can you share it, let me starting making something out of it. If your not happy with the pay rise, I think you should make another research about such sites, under search engines, you will find a better one.

I will like to learn how to write. I picked a course in Udemy and will venture soon. Writing is a skill and should be learnt and practiced adequately.

I am hearing it for the first time. By the way, what is that site you have tried. If you could share the name of the site, I can also try and throw some light on it.

I am hearing about this type of work first time.i will search about it .but if they are paying good money for staying long on one place then it's not bad. But you didn't mention how much they pay?

Fiveer or Freelancer will be a really good platform for you, just create a professional account to attract clients and start^^.

Fiveer or Freelancer will be a really good platform for you, just create a professional account to attract clients and start^^.
Yes ,I will recommend Freelancer , because their you can get good reward of your working and skills. Fiver is also good but sometimes clients reject submitted work ,and support also doesn't help in this case.

Yes ,I will recommend Freelancer , because their you can get good reward of your working and skills. Fiver is also good but sometimes clients reject submitted work ,and support also doesn't help in this case.
Sorry that it happened to you, though I have asked you a question in another thread, about your art and craft, do you have a portfolio of what you did ?

The only sites I know are TranscribeMe and Rev. They both pay for audio translation into text, so you are basically given an audio and you have to write down the lines. Keep in mind that, first, you have to be accepted as a worker. You will have to take a test and based on that one, you are either qualified or not. I think it's worth trying, but I got myself rejected by both sites as my application form or I dont know, maybe test result, wasn't properly good.
As an idea, you really have to be good at it and develop the skill required.
The problem with this websites is that they pay extremely low and the work that you have to complete is very hard. You'll get low quality audios which makes it very hard to understand what it is said there and translate it.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back