Paid Software or Free Software?

Shole

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Dec 15, 2020
USD
$-0.0500USD
Biznotes
Usually, I go for the free software but now that I want to make a forum, I want to use XenForo.
What do you think are usually the benefits for paid software? I don't see any blogging software being better than Wordpress and that's for free.

I think that free software is a good thing if you are testing it out to see if you want to run a forum, but if you are serious then i think it is best to rather pay for it and get quality out of it.

I think that free software is a good thing if you are testing it out to see if you want to run a forum, but if you are serious then i think it is best to rather pay for it and get quality out of it.

Paid software might have additional feature. I am not reluctant to buy a software. However, I would love to try the software for free before using it for a long time or purchasing it.

i personally use the free feature of a software, if i like the flexibility, before i opt into the paid features.

I personally prefer to use free forum softwares, because paid ones are too expensive for me personally for the moment. I don't wanna pay a few hundred dollars a month for a hobby. Plus, I'm no professional, business or company, so why should I use paid ones? Free ones are good enough for me personally at least anyways.

It depends on what you want to do. Paid software has many advantages and I think most of them is automatic, so you don't need to most tasks manually. Like, you stated wordpress is free software for building blog and website. Despite a free software, there's no software that is better than it.

It depends on what you want to do. Paid software has many advantages and I think most of them is automatic, so you don't need to most tasks manually. Like, you stated wordpress is free software for building blog and website. Despite a free software, there's no software that is better than it.
When website has revenues you will for sure go to paid version to activate post cron or all these paid features as free features are only for experimental mode and to learn software, later buy upgrade is mondetary.

When website has revenues you will for sure go to paid version to activate post cron or all these paid features as free features are only for experimental mode and to learn software, later buy upgrade is mondetary.
That may be true. But even if website is generating monthly revenue that's substantial, using paid version is still optional. I'm not against upgrading of website features, like theme, from free to paid, but it should be done when the owner has confirmed that it'll bring benefit to the website.

That may be true. But even if website is generating monthly revenue that's substantial, using paid version is still optional. I'm not against upgrading of website features, like theme, from free to paid, but it should be done when the owner has confirmed that it'll bring benefit to the website.
Yes but if we have a community of 1000 users or 5000 users staying with sub domain is not a good idea because people will ask what about hosting a domain name for free wordpress blog? At least a domain name instead of sub domain.

Maybe you first have get started with a free software as it is almost like testing at the beginning. You can just migrate to a paid software later when it become a success.

That can all come with their pros and cons to be honest. If you are using free, then you might not have all the features that you desire. You should use free if you are just a business that is starting.

Free softwares usually come with a lot of restrictions and it is best for an individual to try as much as possible to get a paid version of the software always.

Software perform every single task that is visible, from the practically mundane to extremely high-end. However, although many software are free, most of them are paid.Most users tend to move towards paid software thinking that just because they are paid, they must be better and either buy or use pirated versions of them. In summary whether paid or free; one can use it at it maximum best.
Software perform every single task that is visible, from the practically mundane to extremely high-end. However, although many software are free, most of them are paid.Most users tend to move towards paid software thinking that just because they are paid, they must be better and either buy or use pirated versions of them. In summary whether paid or free; one can use it at it maximum best.
Softwares are the most highly extreme usage asset in both Africa, Europe; America and other continental countries. It depends on the type of software you use and how it really works for you.

Last edited:
Usually, I go for the free software but now that I want to make a forum, I want to use XenForo.
What do you think are usually the benefits for paid software? I don't see any blogging software being better than Wordpress and that's for free.
The issue arises when it comes to monetisation using ads. Free WordPress does not support ads, which means you are left with less ways to generate revenue. There are also more features with the paid version, after all they also have to make money somehow.

I think it is a good idea for you to try out your new forum by using open source software such as WordPress, and then later divert to using paid software when you are familiar with the process.

I have used wordpress to create different kinds of sites. I have used SMF, pbpBB and MyBB to create forums. Therefore, I have always used open source software, or let's say free software, to create websites. I have never paid for software.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back