What's new

MyBB Vs. phBB Vs. SMF

MyBB, phpBB and SMF are some of the most popular open source forum management systems. Interestingly, I have three forums running on these three different software. Based on my personal experience, I find SMF better than phpBB and MyBB. My second favorite is MyBB. In my experience, phpBB is little difficult software for those who do not have a lot of experience in forum management.

I like phpBB because it's just what I'm into now. There is no serious reason. Well, SMF is practically the same as phpBB in being mobile ready and in other things I think and MyBB isn't mobile ready by default, but some free themes are.

Anyway, there are major differences that could mean something to someone who is a rookie at web development. For instance, SMF has a theme and extension uploader by default. This could be a big help, but it's not to me because uploading to cPanel is something I have experience in.

I have a pretty bad experience with phpBB. I was once trying to use an ad management extension and I do not know what actually happened, the website started showing errors. I couldn't figure out the problem and I had to restore the backup. For people with no skills in programing, phpBB can be tricky. I do agree that MyBB does not have a good mobile interface but I use it because it is easy to handle.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back