What's new

My computer is running slow, what steps can I do to fix it?

Donolatunji

Personal Coach
1000 Posts Club
Jan 10, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Quite possibly the most well-known purposes behind a moderate PC is programs running in the background.i have rebooted the PC so a few issues can be fixed and it is a simple initial step followed by eliminating and additionally incapacitating any TSRs and startup programs that naturally start each time the PC boots, and as an individual who has different antivirus scanner on the PC, spyware assurance program, or another security utility, I ensured it's not examining my PC out of sight. I knew whether an output is in advancement, it diminishes the general presentation of my PC. In the wake of doing all these I expect the PC's presentation ought to improve. However, it didn't. So I erased transitory documents that are put away on the hard drive. Erasing these temp records partially helped improved my PC's presentation… .

What other instance would you give out.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Most of the problem on slow running PC is infected on a Virus that's 1 of a Big Problem, another one is Specification of the PC is low and the other example problem is the Main Local disk is Full.
But if you run many apps that used background process this also a big effect on your PC. You need a higher Specification of PC to maintain the smooth run of your PC. if you're using an app that uses a background process you might need a high core processor and high gigabytes of memory/ram

Quite possibly the most well-known purposes behind a moderate PC is programs running in the background.i have rebooted the PC so a few issues can be fixed and it is a simple initial step followed by eliminating and additionally incapacitating any TSRs and startup programs that naturally start each time the PC boots, and as an individual who has different antivirus scanner on the PC, spyware assurance program, or another security utility, I ensured it's not examining my PC out of sight. I knew whether an output is in advancement, it diminishes the general presentation of my PC. In the wake of doing all these I expect the PC's presentation ought to improve. However, it didn't. So I erased transitory documents that are put away on the hard drive. Erasing these temp records partially helped improved my PC's presentation… .

What other instance would you give out.
Thanking you in anticipation.
If your computer speed is not what it should be, the first thing to try is restarting your computer.

Your operating system allocates space in RAM for programs as they run on your computer. Your RAM will eventually fill up, which will slow down your computer as your operating system starts using the swap file instead.

The swap file is a file on your disk drive that your operating system uses for data that is currently being used by programs, when your RAM, which is normally used for that purpose, runs out of space. Since hard drives and even the much faster SSD’s are slower than RAM, your computer will slow down significantly when it resorts to using the swap file.

Simply closing programs that are running on your computer helps, but restarting your computer allows it to be refreshed in a number of other ways as well. It ensures programs won’t keep running on the background (scroll down for more about background programs), allows Windows updates to be installed, and can fix a number of bugs that you might be suffering from, such as memory leaks, which cause programs to eat up much more RAM than they should.
If you notice applications starting up automatically after you have restarted your computer, your PC performance might be suffering from startup programs. Scroll down to the startup program section of this guide to learn more about them and how you can stop them from slowing down your computer

Concerning why your computer is running slow. Well, there might be different reasons why you computer might be acting slow. One of the reason is virus,when your system get clogged up or infected with virus through a file or the internet or through drives, your system might run slowly, another reason could be the RAM allocated to your system is really low

If your personal. Computer is running slow it might be that the Random access memory of the personal computer isn't too high enough to Carry the load you are placing on it and the best way to solve the problem is to upgrade the RAM on the system to make sure it can work more time with files and documents

There are many factors that may be responsible for this. First, ensure that your computer has not been infected with virus. Viruses will definitely slow your system down. Another thing you might want to consider is your system Ram. Check that the ram is functioning properly and that you have enough ram to run the hard drive. Lastly check

When you buy a new PC the chances are there are a load of programs pre-installed onto it. Old PCs can simply accumulate these over time. Most of these you'll never use and some of them can often run in the background without you knowing, slowing your computer down in the process.

To remove these click "Start" then go to "Control Panel" then click "Programs and Features" and scroll through the list, uninstalling the ones you never use.

According to my own point of view, once you see your computer is running slow, I suggest you check your files, sometimes it is because of your files. The files are too much or you can also update the computer, it also help, or you can drive it so it will speed up

Too many programs that run simultaneously, take up processing power and reduce the performance of the PC are often caused by a slow computer. ... Click the headers of the CPU, memory, and disk to sort the programs that are running on your computer by the amount of resources your computer uses.

There must sure be various numbers of reasons why your computer might me running slow, you should scan it throughly with avert anti virus and if the result doesn't change then you have to take it to a computer repair center for it to be fully wiped, to be formatted. This seems to be the last resort and sure solution.

There are several different variables that are believed to be at play. First and foremost, check that your machine hasn't been infected with a virus. Viruses slow the system's speed and Internet access. Another thing you would want to remember is the memory space of your computer. As a precautionary measure, verify that the ram is still working properly and that you have enough ram to operate the hard drive. Lastly, keep searching.

Some causes why computer running slow may be from network connection, your MB space, due to my own experience, it is better you check some files,delete some items, check some apps that is consuming the space. If you try this little steps and it didn't work I suggest you take it to the computer repairers for checkup.
Post automatically merged:

Some causes why computer running slow may be from network connection, your MB space, due to my own experience, it is better you check some files,delete some items, check some apps that is consuming the space. If you try this little steps and it didn't work I suggest you take it to the computer repairers for checkup.

If your computer speed is not what it should be, the first thing to try is restarting your computer.
Your operating system allocates space in RAM for programs as they run on your computer. Your RAM will eventually fill up, which will slow down your computer as your operating system starts using the swap file instead.
The swap file is a file on your disk drive that your operating system uses for data that is currently being used by programs, when your RAM, which is normally used for that purpose, runs out of space. Since hard drives and even the much faster SSD’s are slower than RAM, your computer will slow down significantly when it resorts to using the swap file.

For a computer to be running slow several things could be responsible some of which are the ram. It might be that the ram is bad or too small to drive the size of the hard drive. Another thing is the system might be infected with virus, there is a need for virus diagnosis.

For a computer to be running slow several things could be responsible some of which are the ram. It might be that the ram is bad or too small to drive the size of the hard drive. Another thing is the system might be infected with virus, there is a need for virus diagnosis.
It's inevitable that all computers will experience slower speed at some point. As software becomes more demanding, the way in which your computer reacts to these changes can have a big impact on it's performance.uninstall unnecessary software, limit the program at startup,Add more RAM to your computer, check for spyware and viruses,use disk cleanup,take a look at your web browser,

It's inevitable that all computers will experience slower speed at some point. As software becomes more demanding, the way in which your computer reacts to these changes can have a big impact on it's performance.

ways to fix a slow computer
  1. Uninstall unused programs. (AP) ...
  2. Delete temporary files. Whenever you use internet Explorer all your browsing history remains in the depths of your PC. ...
  3. Install a solid state drive. (Samsung) ...
  4. Get more hard drive storage. (WD) ...
  5. Stop unnecessary start ups. ...
  6. Get more RAM. ...
  7. Run a disk defragment. ...
  8. Run a disk clean-up.

When you buy a new PC the chances are there are a load of programs pre-installed onto it. Old PCs can simply accumulate these over time. Most of these you'll never use and some of them can often run in the background without you knowing, slowing your computer down in the process.

My advice for you is to go to nearest computer hub in your city and locate laptop engineer that are there. Ask around about the reputable one and tell him problem with your computer system. He is in the best position to give you advice about your computer after he would have run a test on it. avoid trying to fix things by yourself you know how to prevent further destruction of the computer system.

If your PC takes an age to turn on and be ready for action your hard drive might be the fault. Typically they have loads of moving components and can take a long time to fire up. A solid state drive uses flash memory (like a massive USB stick) and can read data a lot quicker therefore speeding up your start-up.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back