What's new

Minor things to check when buying a property

You raised a good point. There is nothing like typhoon in my country so having an electric pole very close to your house is nothing to worry about. What you need to check is if there is no canals close to the land or if the land is a water logged type and the topography of the land to check for erosion.

This point is a very valid point when it comes to the orientation of the building at different times of the day. It is better it faces the morning sun than the afternoon sun because it can really get very discomfiting

How big is the compound? Does it have enough space to be used for parking of cars, alot pf people today would not want to rent a house without parking space. Then what about the location is it close to civilization or how safe is the place during storms and snows?

one minor thing many people fail to check out before buying a property is the reason why the property is being sold in the first place. i once came across a case whereby a property was sold to a buyer without the buyer realizing the property was actually stolen. the innocent buyer was later arrested but luckily for him, they where able to catch the seller. so i would advice before buying a property, make sure you have done alot of research

You raised a good point. There is nothing like typhoon in my country so having an electric pole very close to your house is nothing to worry about. What you need to check is if there is no canals close to the land or if the land is a water logged type and the topography of the land to check for erosion.
Another problem with the electric pole for a tropical country is the lightning. There are incidents that an electric pole is hit by lightning that it can cause fire when it is very near your house. This reminds me of a cousin in Manila who has a balcony on their 2nd floor which is almost attached to the electric pole. Fortunately there is safety to avoid electrocution.

Key legal checklist for buying a property
  • Property documents checklist.
  • Verify the identity of the seller.
  • Conversion and land-use permissions.
  • Construction approvals.
  • Occupancy certificate.
  • Status of tax payment.
  • Encumbrance.
  • Physical survey and access to the property.
Very well listed and we'll itemized checklist for buying a property. The documents of the said property must be checked out and confirmed to be very authentic before dealings can be considered first

In our culture the morning sun is very important not really as a superstition but for the vantage point. If your property is facing the afternoon sun then you will suffer the heat until early evening. Another thing is the electric post that should not be on your side otherwise it might block the view and in this tropical country the typhoon may cause the electric post to fall on the property. What other minor things to avoid do you have in mind when buying a house?
One of the most important things to check when buying a land is to always check if there's no electricity pole or post in the land and always check by using your area if there wont be road innthe land in the future.

Well I do not have any minor things to look for when I am buying a house ,the most important thing I look for when buying a property is the environment, if I'm buying a house I need to look at security of their location and buying it from.

You have to check the quality of the property you are buying as well as the location if it is and immovable property and the proximity of road and subsequent prophets you can make should you also decide to sell it one day

On the contrary, back here in my country no body look out for the settings of the sun before purchasing a house, rather they mostly check out for other important things such as the location of the houses, the kind of facilities present inside the building such as light, water supply and good road.
Minor things to check when buying a property is the design the property sometimes people do check the body of the house to see whether it is waterproof a look at the light and also location of the building.

In our culture the morning sun is very important not really as a superstition but for the vantage point. If your property is facing the afternoon sun then you will suffer the heat until early evening. Another thing is the electric post that should not be on your side otherwise it might block the view and in this tropical country the typhoon may cause the electric post to fall on the property. What other minor things to avoid do you have in mind when buying a house?
On a serious note I don't think people do look out for that anymore most especially in rural area,they just want buy land and build their houses on it,but is a good one you let us know about this though.

I don't the sun is a problem in most countries, because of the way some of the houses are structured and built, the sun rays don't affect much. Very nice points you have made.

It is very important that you buy a property that is in a location you prefer . you should also ensure that it fits all the entries in the description of the house.

Whenever you want to buy a real estate property it is very important you checked all the necessary documents and also the history of such property.

Minor things can cause major issues in buying a house that’s why it is advised to be accompanied by a good architect to inspect a house when buying to Avoid big expenses in the future !

Some of the minor things that one should check are the location of the building, if the building is not close to government property, if the papers of the property is legal, and if the seller of the property has legal rights to sell of the property

On the contrary, back here in my country no body look out for the settings of the sun before purchasing a house, rather they mostly check out for other important things such as the location of the houses, the kind of facilities present inside the building such as light, water supply and good road.
Minor things to check when buying a property involve the street light whether it has a compound behind your neighbours and the kind of people living in that area.
Post automatically merged:

Check to make sure that during rainy season the property is not leaking and the land is not swampy there by retaining water. Check to see there are no faults or cracks on the wall that could make the building collapse.Check to see the Land is not on a drainage channel
Most of the minor thing you check when buying a particular property is the weather if the property has easy access to water electricity and also look at the painting weather needs changing or whether the apartment needs renovation

Last edited:
Hmmm, haven't really taken such things into consideration. But for me if I want to get an apartment it should not be really close to the major road.

Our house is not facing the sun. Thanks for this wonderful information about the superstition that its important that your house faces the morning sun. The problem is when we got house, it is not facing the morning sun. This is a very nice things to check before buying a house.

The environment need to checked out for. Some environment are simply probe to flood and erosion. That's simply bad for our building to face such.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back