What's new

Manager unheeded my availability? however ought to I follow up?

Sarfraz Ali

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Oct 29, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Just for some background data, I even have a 2 jobs. The one I work soon is my main job, and that i have the next position and around thirty five hours there per week.

The job in question is my "side" job, I request solely to figure around 12-15 hours per week most. My accessible hours for this area unit 4am(open) to 11am. I Recently, i have been scheduled for 4+ open shifts per week, and that i told my manager that this wasn't operating on behalf of me since I do have another virtually full time job and this wasn't the provision I prescribed. I still did show up to my shifts, however got warn out since this will create work around four doubles (4am-8/9pm) per week. I told her i do not mind gap one or 2 days most, however i actually simply want one 4-10 shift and so 2 6-10 shifts. She aforesaid she utterly understood my issue and would fix my schedules going forward. I even tried to request solely sure days thus I might have a collection schedule however she unbroken denying it on the programming app.

My schedule for on has Maine operating 4am-10:30am five days on. i do not shrewdness to travel concerning this since I already talked to her once. i do not understand if I ought to simply quit or the way to bring it up? Advice? I desire a automaton who's being taken advantage of.

If they agreed to scheduling you by a certain schedule, and it didn't get written down as part of being hired, then I can see why someone forgot to keep to the schedule. I think you should make sure that they have your schedule written down, so that they have no excuse in the future to not abide by it, unless you gave permission for extra work time.

Too many people try to overwork their employees to gain more profit. They don't care about the employees health and not to mention that they would make the employee take all the blame, when something goes wrong.

It's better to have some proof. Like a call recording or saving the chat should be able to give you some leverage. It's better to escalate the issue, if things go out of hand. Talk to the HR once and that should give you some idea regarding how to procced, further.

There are terms to keep in every employment process and when they get broken, the party that breaks such has some responsibilities to the other party.

The best thing to do is seek out the manager again and ensure he understands your plight and this time around, let all the schedules be penned down and if possible be witnessed by other employees.

There are rules and regulations that every employee must follow. These rules are made known to the employee even before he receives his employment letter.
Instead of breaking the rules in your workplace, I suggest you talk to your boss and tell him how you feel.
The two of you can reach an agreement that works for you.

I have worked in the US for 5 months specifically in several establishments. They hire people because there is a job to do. Now if you cannot abide by the work schedule then that may hamper their productivity and the production schedule may be delayed. That has been my experience with the convenience Stop N' Go and also in the JBL Inc which manufactures quality audio speakers. When you apply for work you need to have the time for the job. My advice is just quit and find another side job.

When you sign an employment contract, you should read the terms and conditions carefully so that both parties comply with them correctly, any changes that are made should be evaluated and you should see if you accept them or not. Off-line in my country it is forbidden to downgrade you in terms of schedule and agreed shifts, unless you accept it.

There are rules and regulations that every employee must follow. These rules are made known to the employee even before he receives his employment letter.
Instead of breaking the rules in your workplace, I suggest you talk to your boss and tell him how you feel.

Yes, each and every employee must follow rules and regulations. However, most of the time employers themselves break the rules and regulations set by them. I work for a company and they told me that Saturdays were off, yet they broke their won rule and they call their employees for Saturday shift. They told me that our job timings were 7-2. However, they broke that rule and they call employees at 6 pm. Employees should not be treated like slaves.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, each and every employee must follow rules and regulations. However, most of the time employers themselves break the rules and regulations set by them. I work for a company and they told me that Saturdays were off, yet they broke their won rule and they call their employees for Saturday shift. They told me that our job timings were 7-2. However, they broke that rule and they call employees at 6 pm. Employees should not be treated like slaves.

Some employees are fond of over using or overworking their employees butt off, if not I can't see anyway where by if an agreement of schedule have been made and written and you will not followed through. It's a breach of agreement you know.

Follow it up if you can, it's unacceptable I tell you take the issue up and make out something with it, you can involve some lawyers to take up the matter and see to it, cos this time around one needs to be very careful with people's especially those who claims they have a high position.

Some employees are fond of over using or overworking their employees butt off, if not I can't see anyway where by if an agreement of schedule have been made and written and you will not followed through. It's a breach of agreement you know.

I agree. I am leaving my current job because my employers are pressurizing the employees and I really cannot work in such kind of environment. They are thinking we are slaves. I am giving the notification today and I will be leaving within one week after receiving my salary. Employers must realize that people who are working under them are not their slaves.

You have to really stand your ground with your employers, make them truly to understand what you are actually going through trying manage your daily activities to meet up with your second job. It's highly unethical that your employers are overworking you beyond your normal working hours.

Exactly the best thing to do is communicate, if you decide the do what suits you without informing your superior you'll have yourself to blame even when you're not at fault. So it's is better you walk up to your supervisor and air your grievance

Just for some background data, I even have a 2 jobs. The one I work soon is my main job, and that i have the next position and around thirty five hours there per week.

The job in question is my "side" job, I request solely to figure around 12-15 hours per week most. My accessible hours for this area unit 4am(open) to 11am. I Recently, i have been scheduled for 4+ open shifts per week, and that i told my manager that this wasn't operating on behalf of me since I do have another virtually full time job and this wasn't the provision I prescribed. I still did show up to my shifts, however got warn out since this will create work around four doubles (4am-8/9pm) per week. I told her i do not mind gap one or 2 days most, however i actually simply want one 4-10 shift and so 2 6-10 shifts. She aforesaid she utterly understood my issue and would fix my schedules going forward. I even tried to request solely sure days thus I might have a collection schedule however she unbroken denying it on the programming app.

My schedule for on has Maine operating 4am-10:30am five days on. i do not shrewdness to travel concerning this since I already talked to her once. i do not understand if I ought to simply quit or the way to bring it up? Advice? I desire a automaton who's being taken advantage of.
There are ways in which you can follow up, the affairs of your business organization, even when you are not on ground. All you need to do is state what needs to be done, and when not followed properly there will be punishment.

The best thing to do when accepting a job offer in any company or organization,thee most important thing you must ask is your working hours,you know when to resume and your closing hour as well. Once you know that and is documented,so any other job giving to you after working out should be pay for separately I guess.

You got lots of tasks at your disposal to handle. You tried making out time for each of your work schedules. I really appreciate your drive to attain to all your gigs. Not everyone can handle such surplus jobs at the moment, one will be enough to them.

I think if you can let the manager see reasons with you, there won't be an issue of automation in the first place. He is human and everyone wants an extra source of income.

My boss where I used to work will always tell me that if it's not written, it's not official and I can't hold her responsible. We might have an agreement with word of the mouth and when I talk about it, she will tell me she's not aware of it, I should pen it down and send the report for her to sign it.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back