What's new

Making members of your forum mods/admins?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever made a member of your forum a mod or even an admin? There was a few members that I upgraded to mods and even one as an admin. But I have to know the people really well and respect them. I don't just pick anyone to moderate. I especially need to trust the person who I make an admin, because they clearly have more control.

How did it go for you making members mods/admins?

i think it is good to make active members of your forums as admins, this would give other members on the forum the zeal and commitment because they believe that been dedicated would be rewarded.

I once made a member on my forum a secondary admin. However, this person was known to me from my real life. It will be quite risky to give administrative access to a random person.

For me, it's a smart thing to do when it comes to choosing one of your valuable member and have the person promoted to being a staff. It's a big motivation for other members to become very committed to being active and contributing a lot in the forum in order for them to have such opportunity one day.

I once made a member on my forum a secondary admin. However, this person was known to me from my real life. It will be quite risky to give administrative access to a random person.

This is very necessary because an admin access which is used against you will destroy your forum. The person might kick you out of your forum if he/she have the knowledge of how to do it with the level of privilege you gave his/her account. Before giving admin access to a random person who's a staff in your forum, you must have worked with him for years and build some high trust level together.

This is very necessary because an admin access which is used against you will destroy your forum. The person might kick you out of your forum if he/she have the knowledge of how to do it with the level of privilege you gave his/her account. Before giving admin access to a random person who's a staff in your forum, you must have worked with him for years and build some high trust level together.

I have read something like this on one forum where the owner said one of his administrators tried to play a fast one over him to hijack his forum but he wasn't successful. I'm sure that's why it takes a very serious consideration before forum owners make anyone their administrator.

I have read something like this on one forum where the owner said one of his administrators tried to play a fast one over him to hijack his forum but he wasn't successful. I'm sure that's why it takes a very serious consideration before forum owners make anyone their administrator.
There are some privileges I won't give to my administrators who are hired to work on my forum. Even if I'm going to give it to then, it's going to only be temporary for a particular task. When they've completed it, I will remove the privileges immediately.

Well, I don't worry about being destroyed because I can just remove this person and publicly shame him for doing what had he done. I am more worried about the site being stolen. What if the person scrapped my website and created his own website? The damage will be devastating.

Well, I don't worry about being destroyed because I can just remove this person and publicly shame him for doing what had he done. I am more worried about the site being stolen. What if the person scrapped my website and created his own website? The damage will be devastating.

Seriously, these kind of persons don't care about being shame because criminality already runs in their blood and they will go to any extent to meet their goals. Having the person scrapping my website and creating his own website is very much possible, it's why you have to take all necessary measures to stop it from happening.

is that even possible at all. I am very surprised that is even possible to hijack or forum from an admin who invited someone in, that is practically like when a WhatsApp group is created and the admin decides to make someone else an admin to assist him or her only for the person to remove the owner of the group from the admin position and kick him out is that even possible on forums because I just thought that was only groups in or on some platforms that that was possible

I have in the past made members on my forum mods but I only do that if they are interested in the position and they have a passion for the forum.

Usually, I advertise that I have staff positions open and that they are voluntary positions at the moment and allow members to apply if they wish. If I find someone applies that fits everything I look for in a mod, I will promote them.

I am always super cautious on who I mod though as you never know how they could act if you do not know them well enough.

I have in the past made members on my forum mods but I only do that if they are interested in the position and they have a passion for the forum.

Usually, I advertise that I have staff positions open and that they are voluntary positions at the moment and allow members to apply if they wish. If I find someone applies that fits everything I look for in a mod, I will promote them.

I am always super cautious on who I mod though as you never know how they could act if you do not know them well enough.
You make an interesting point. if the person you hire is not interested in your site, or if he does not care about your niche, or if he does not give time, what's the point of making him a moderator? On a certain site where I am a moderator, most of the moderators are only interested in posting content for credits. They are not interested in site moderation. I do not want people like these on my sites.

I have hand-picked people to be staff members on forums I owned and I've also used staff applications as a means to find new staff members. I've only ever hired other administrators that I have a strong bond with and know I can trust. For moderators, I usually look for specific aspects that may be of benefit to my board and themself. If they are actively posting, get along with the members, and have proper skillsets in my forum niche I may ask if they're interested in a staff position. Of course, trust is one of the main factors when hiring someone because you need to trust them so they will not wreak havoc on your board.

is that even possible at all. I am very surprised that is even possible to hijack or forum from an admin who invited someone in, that is practically like when a WhatsApp group is created and the admin decides to make someone else an admin to assist him or her only for the person to remove the owner of the group from the admin position and kick him out is that even possible on forums because I just thought that was only groups in or on some platforms that that was possible

It's something that's very possible to be done on forums easily especially when you grant the person access to your admin panel and they have the knowledge on how to screw you over to hijack your forum. This is why it's very important to know whom you're giving high ended access to your admin panel.

Have you ever made a member of your forum a mod or even an admin? There was a few members that I upgraded to mods and even one as an admin. But I have to know the people really well and respect them. I don't just pick anyone to moderate. I especially need to trust the person who I make an admin, because they clearly have more control.

How did it go for you making members mods/admins?

Yes, I have done it with some forums that I owned in the past. The truth is that the sign that a member care about your forum is there with how committed that they be in making things happen. So, once I discover one, making them a mod is the next discussion I will have with them to see if it is something that they are open to take up.

Yes, I have done it with some forums that I owned in the past. The truth is that the sign that a member care about your forum is there with how committed that they be in making things happen. So, once I discover one, making them a mod is the next discussion I will have with them to see if it is something that they are open to take up.

Members will always be interested in becoming a staff in any forum they are very active on. It will be something like an achievement for them and they will take it very serious. I can remember when I was made a staff being a member on a forum, I was very happy and I took the job in my stride.

Members whom have been committed to your forum for a long time should be your first option for consideration if you want to hire any new staff. If they have interest in becoming a staff, they deserve to be given the chance.

Members whom have been committed to your forum for a long time should be your first option for consideration if you want to hire any new staff. If they have interest in becoming a staff, they deserve to be given the chance.

Activities on the forum is a general measurement that should be considered. I am of the opinion that once you notice that a member is doing their best, then I don't see any big deal with not making them the part of a staff team. With this, they will want to do more to see the forum succeed.

Activities on the forum is a general measurement that should be considered. I am of the opinion that once you notice that a member is doing their best, then I don't see any big deal with not making them the part of a staff team. With this, they will want to do more to see the forum succeed.
If they indicate interest in wanting to join your staff members should be the yardstick for choosing them. Having a public announcement made in your forum about looking for new staff members will bring the attention to all your members.

If they indicate interest in wanting to join your staff members should be the yardstick for choosing them. Having a public announcement made in your forum about looking for new staff members will bring the attention to all your members.

That is true. Interest is all that matters as not many members will feel at home with becoming staff. Some will want to have fun and go out of the site whenever they feel like without having a job that they are doing. So, being sure that they are ready to work is an important aspect of it that you should put into considerations.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back