What's new

Luno.com Reviews: SCAM or LEGIT?

exchange-678x381.jpg

What is Luno?

Luno is a cryptocurrency exchange what was created with the goal of helping cryptocurrency users located in countries that are currently in a development stage, countries like Nigeria, Uganda or Indonesia. This type of countries are usually not accepted by popular exchanges because of their poor economy and strict regulations.

Luno was initially named BitX when it was created back in 2013 but after 3 years it changed it’s name into Luno. Luno is currently operating from 3 headquarters situated in 3 different cities in Singapore, London and Cape Town.

Luno services

The features available on Luno are limited given the fact that it offers services for countries still emerging.

The primary service available on Luno is their trading platform. You can buy and sell different cryptocurrencies either between them or against fiat. Here’s a list of crypto to crypto available pairs :

Screenshot_20201124_015003.jpg

Here’s a list of crypto to fiat available pairs:

Screenshot_20201124_015018.jpg

* Remember that this are the pairs available for people living in Europe. If you live somewhere else they might be different.

The second service available on Luno is insta sell or buy. Using this service you can either buy or sell your bitcoim/ethereum instantly. The advantage of this service is that it is very easy to use. You are buying or selling coins directly from Luno without needing to use the trading platform. The disadvantage is that there are much higher fees that can be seen here:

Screenshot_20201124_014939.jpg

The third and last service available is Luno Business which can be used only by registered companies. Using this service you can provide a cryptocurrency feature for your company allowing you and your customers to buy and sell cryptocurrency easily. For more details please visit Luno Business : https://www.luno.com/en/business

Luno supported countries and cryptocurrencies

Luno is available in the following countries : Nigeria, Uganda, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Uganda, United Kingdom, and Europe(Spain, Austria, Switzerland, San Marino, Portugal, Romania, Belgium, Sweden, Slovenia, Monaco, Italy, Slovakia, Ireland, Cyprus, France, Croatia, Denmark, Greece, Iceland)

There are only 5 cryptocurrencies that can be traded here and those are : Riple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash Litecoin and of course Bitcoin.

When talking about fiat currencies there are 9 of them that can be used here. Euro is available for everyone living in one of the countries in Europe and there are also 8 other currencies like Indonesian Rupiah or South African Rand that can be used by people living in other countries.

The main deposit/withdrawal methods are bank transfers and debit or credit cards. There are multiple banks and online payment systems you can use for this type of transaction depending on the country where you live in. Make sure you check Luno website for complete details.

You can check the full details about your own country on Luno websites. There is a different currency available for each country and the deposit and withdrawal methods are also different in each country.

Fees on Luno

Before you use Luno it is important to know that their fees structure is a bit more complicated than on normal exchanges. Because of the fact that they work with different users from multiple countries their fees are different depending on multiple factors, most importantly being your location. The fees explained below are only available for European customers so if you are not living in Europe you should check the fees structure for your country by accessing this link : https://www.luno.com/en/countries

Trading fees range between 0.03% and 0.10%, depending on the trading volume you have registered in your account during the last 30 days. Using the table below you’ll be able to check the what fees you are going to have to pay. Keep in mind that you are only paying fees if you are a taker, more specifically if you are buying something. If you are the maker, selling your coins you’ll not have to pay any fees.

Screenshot_20201124_015217.jpg

There are no deposit fees for fiat deposit, except for the ones charged by your bank. However there are some fees in case you choose to buy or sell your cryptocurrencies instantly :

The fees for withdrawals made using Sepa Transfer are 0.30EUR per transaction while the fees for sending or withdrawing your cryptocurrencies from your wallet can be seen in the table below :

Screenshot_20201124_015236.jpg

Dynamic means the fees are not fixed and they depend on the condition of the network at the point when you make the transaction.

How to join Luno?

Visit the official website https://www.luno.com/ and register an your account. If you choose to not complete a KYC and only verify your email and phone you will only be able to make deposits and withdrawals of maximum 1000 EUR every month. To increase your limits to 5000 EUR you need to verify your ID, while if you also verify your address there are no limits for how much you can deposit and withdraw.

wallet_en@2x.png

Make sure to also check out Luno application available for both IOS and Android for an easier trading experience on your smartphone

Conclusion – How good is Luno exchange?

Luno exchange is currently ranked 24 on Coinmarketcap with a daily training volume of around 25 million dollars. That is not excellent but considering the fact that Luno is working mostly with emerging countries we could say it is one of the top exchanges in this area.

Luno gives people from this emerging countries an alternative to buy and sell cryptocurrencies when other exchanges are rejecting them. They don’t have the best trading platform, they don’t have as many features and services available but overall Luno is a good enough exchange considering the fact that there aren’t so many alternatives out there.

The one thing you should pay extra attention to are the fees as they are not fixed like on other exchanges. The fees are different for every single country and so are the payment methods, the fiat currencies and the trading pairs. On this page you can select your country and see a full list of features, fees and currencies available in your country : https://www.luno.com/en/countries/

I heard bout Luno a coule of years ago but I never took interest in joining this exchange platform as I was using Coinbase. Looks like Luno does not support my country. By the way, is it a decentralized exchange or a centralized exchange? I think you missed the obvious point.

Luno is really a good crypto currency exchange platform where someone can buy and hold some coin for a long time. However, the only downside of the platform is that it has less coin to be traded

Iuno exchange is really a good crypto exchange .for me i use luno to save my coin. No good liquidity in their market and also they do not have much coin to trade with.i really do not use it for trading.

I have heard great things about Luno, especially from Asians. However, I have never taken any interest in using Luno as I am quite happy with using Coinbase wallet and exchange.

Luno is a crypto currency exchange platform that is very easy to use when it comes to buying and selling of coin in the crypto currency exchange Business. They also have low charge fees

Luno is a very legit crypto currency wallet. I have used it many times before. Before my government banned crypto currency. I do use it to buy and sell crypto currency with a very good price unlike the peer to peer exchanges. I withdraw straight to my bank account without no third party

exchange-678x381.jpg

What is Luno?

Luno is a cryptocurrency exchange what was created with the goal of helping cryptocurrency users located in countries that are currently in a development stage, countries like Nigeria, Uganda or Indonesia. This type of countries are usually not accepted by popular exchanges because of their poor economy and strict regulations.

Luno was initially named BitX when it was created back in 2013 but after 3 years it changed it’s name into Luno. Luno is currently operating from 3 headquarters situated in 3 different cities in Singapore, London and Cape Town.

Luno services

The features available on Luno are limited given the fact that it offers services for countries still emerging.

The primary service available on Luno is their trading platform. You can buy and sell different cryptocurrencies either between them or against fiat. Here’s a list of crypto to crypto available pairs :

Screenshot_20201124_015003.jpg

Here’s a list of crypto to fiat available pairs:

Screenshot_20201124_015018.jpg

* Remember that this are the pairs available for people living in Europe. If you live somewhere else they might be different.

The second service available on Luno is insta sell or buy. Using this service you can either buy or sell your bitcoim/ethereum instantly. The advantage of this service is that it is very easy to use. You are buying or selling coins directly from Luno without needing to use the trading platform. The disadvantage is that there are much higher fees that can be seen here:

Screenshot_20201124_014939.jpg

The third and last service available is Luno Business which can be used only by registered companies. Using this service you can provide a cryptocurrency feature for your company allowing you and your customers to buy and sell cryptocurrency easily. For more details please visit Luno Business : https://www.luno.com/en/business

Luno supported countries and cryptocurrencies

Luno is available in the following countries : Nigeria, Uganda, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Uganda, United Kingdom, and Europe(Spain, Austria, Switzerland, San Marino, Portugal, Romania, Belgium, Sweden, Slovenia, Monaco, Italy, Slovakia, Ireland, Cyprus, France, Croatia, Denmark, Greece, Iceland)

There are only 5 cryptocurrencies that can be traded here and those are : Riple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash Litecoin and of course Bitcoin.

When talking about fiat currencies there are 9 of them that can be used here. Euro is available for everyone living in one of the countries in Europe and there are also 8 other currencies like Indonesian Rupiah or South African Rand that can be used by people living in other countries.

The main deposit/withdrawal methods are bank transfers and debit or credit cards. There are multiple banks and online payment systems you can use for this type of transaction depending on the country where you live in. Make sure you check Luno website for complete details.

You can check the full details about your own country on Luno websites. There is a different currency available for each country and the deposit and withdrawal methods are also different in each country.

Fees on Luno

Before you use Luno it is important to know that their fees structure is a bit more complicated than on normal exchanges. Because of the fact that they work with different users from multiple countries their fees are different depending on multiple factors, most importantly being your location. The fees explained below are only available for European customers so if you are not living in Europe you should check the fees structure for your country by accessing this link : https://www.luno.com/en/countries

Trading fees range between 0.03% and 0.10%, depending on the trading volume you have registered in your account during the last 30 days. Using the table below you’ll be able to check the what fees you are going to have to pay. Keep in mind that you are only paying fees if you are a taker, more specifically if you are buying something. If you are the maker, selling your coins you’ll not have to pay any fees.

Screenshot_20201124_015217.jpg

There are no deposit fees for fiat deposit, except for the ones charged by your bank. However there are some fees in case you choose to buy or sell your cryptocurrencies instantly :

The fees for withdrawals made using Sepa Transfer are 0.30EUR per transaction while the fees for sending or withdrawing your cryptocurrencies from your wallet can be seen in the table below :

Screenshot_20201124_015236.jpg

Dynamic means the fees are not fixed and they depend on the condition of the network at the point when you make the transaction.

How to join Luno?

Visit the official website https://www.luno.com/ and register an your account. If you choose to not complete a KYC and only verify your email and phone you will only be able to make deposits and withdrawals of maximum 1000 EUR every month. To increase your limits to 5000 EUR you need to verify your ID, while if you also verify your address there are no limits for how much you can deposit and withdraw.

wallet_en@2x.png

Make sure to also check out Luno application available for both IOS and Android for an easier trading experience on your smartphone

Conclusion – How good is Luno exchange?

Luno exchange is currently ranked 24 on Coinmarketcap with a daily training volume of around 25 million dollars. That is not excellent but considering the fact that Luno is working mostly with emerging countries we could say it is one of the top exchanges in this area.

Luno gives people from this emerging countries an alternative to buy and sell cryptocurrencies when other exchanges are rejecting them. They don’t have the best trading platform, they don’t have as many features and services available but overall Luno is a good enough exchange considering the fact that there aren’t so many alternatives out there.

The one thing you should pay extra attention to are the fees as they are not fixed like on other exchanges. The fees are different for every single country and so are the payment methods, the fiat currencies and the trading pairs. On this page you can select your country and see a full list of features, fees and currencies available in your country : https://www.luno.com/en/countries/
Damn! I thought luno exchange was first initiated in Nigeria!! Imagine, that's why knowledge is good, and i think luno is a decentralised exchange not centralise.

Luno is very legit and it is one exchange plathfrom I so much love and respect. It was actually the second wallet I started using after my introduction to crypto and my experience was great.

Luno is a really good option. As many people might already be aware, this market is filled to the brim with options in exchanges. You will discover so many platforms offering you these services and promising you the help to make your trading career really successful. But not every exchange is able to provide that service.

Luno is a legit cryptocurrency wallet which I have personally used . The only deficiency it has is the fact that it supports less number of coins and it is centralize wallet.

Luno is a legitimate Cryptocurrency wallet. I've heard about it and how they've operated legitimately for long. But their inability of not showing the real value of currency is a worry.

My experience on luno has not proven luno as a scam exchange platform but I am only have the problem of them inflating figure. It may confuse a new user if he sees price of bitcoin on luno and compare it with other exchanges.

No dispute about the fact that Luno is good with exchanges. It was my first experience with trading crypto or selling my coins and getting my money into my bank account. With crypto ban in Nigeria, I had to switch to Binance

Luno is good but it has a long way to go before it can rival others. For one it has about 5 or 6 select coins. That's too small. Also the exchange rates are exorbitant.

Luno recently updated it's customers that they are working hard to restore deposit and withdrawals on their website and didn't want to pick an option that would be bad in future, does this mean p2p is bad

Luno is not and cannot be a scam platform. It is a legit cryptocurrency exchange platform where people buy and sell their cryptocurrencies. They only need to up their game to cover a lot of grounds

Luno might be good, I don't doubt that but I am not using luno. I have account on Binance which I find better than most of the wallets out there because of available features.

That is a very long review you have put up above about luno. I have a luno account and I can confirm your write-up. My issue with this platform is the high and complicated transaction fees just as already mentioned above. This has been one of the reasons I have abandoned my account for some time now. It is just my opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

Luno is very legit and it is one exchange plathfrom I so much love and respect. It was actually the second wallet I started using after my introduction to crypto and my experience was great.
Luno to me has been a great and wonderful exchange platform in which you can do practically anything , I have been using luno do over two years now and i have been enjoying it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back