What's new

Lockdowns: For or Against?

In my country, the lockdown is a thing of the past. Schools and colleges have re-opened once again and the government no longer plans to impose lockdown. However, I have heard that they will force students to get vaccinated and this is completely WRONG!

In my country, the lockdown is a thing of the past. Schools and colleges have re-opened once again and the government no longer plans to impose lockdown. However, I have heard that they will force students to get vaccinated and this is completely WRONG!
Yes even with this I believe they still observed the COVID 19 protocols and all the guidelines that is needed to stop the spread of the Corona virus ,new people are advised to get themselves vaccinated.

We've overreacted a little bit. Not to say that COVID is the ordinary flu, that’s not my point. But my point is that almost 100,000 people died two years ago from flu and the country didn’t shut down. It’s time to sort of deal with this in the proper perspective, and that’s to allow us to get back to work safely."

Yes even with this I believe they still observed the COVID 19 protocols and all the guidelines that is needed to stop the spread of the Corona virus ,new people are advised to get themselves vaccinated.

Well, it is fine to advise people to get vaccinated but I do not think that people should be forced in any way to get vaccinated. Many governments are forcing people to get vaccinated and this is something I oppose.

I generally like the idea of lockdown because I am a science student myself and I know the importance in disease control. the most important thing is for the government to make arrangements so that people will adhere strictly to eat.

If we are not all planning to get sick then nobody should go against the lockdown. Yes the financial impact are oblivious but better to be alive and well than any other thing.

Lockdown shouldn't be a compulsory measure now due to the current developments with regards to the control of COVID-19. The development of a vaccine now and other preventive measures have been found to be effective in the control of the pandemic while still allowing businesses to go as planned.

Well, it is fine to advise people to get vaccinated but I do not think that people should be forced in any way to get vaccinated. Many governments are forcing people to get vaccinated and this is something I oppose.
Seriously I heard on the news that the Nigerian government making COVID 19 drugs to be compulsory to all civil servants but I think this is not compulsory .it is now advisable that people who works on public organisation should try and get themselves vaccinated willingly.

I'm totally against the idea of lockdown. In my country the first attempt did not work out well. A lot of souls were lost. Hunger, looting of people's properties and robbery became another pandemic ln my place.

Good intentions toward a laudable end are not alone enough to uphold governmental action against a constitutional challenge. In an emergency, even a vigilant public may let down its guard over its constitutional liberties only to find that liberties, once relinquished, are hard to recoup and that restrictions and so on like that...
I know for certain that government actually have good intentions for introducing lockdown during the coronavirus pandemic but at the end of the day we noticed that even the love that we are not slowing down inflation rate but rather causing a lot of people economic hardship so what a good and responsible government is supposed to do is to bring out policies that will restrict people's movement not locking down the whole country as a result of the Corona virus pandemic.

Many people did lose a lot of money and many businesses and company lost a lot of money and they fall. While others on the other hand were still making money during the lockdown. But for me I was on the losing end.

I'm totally against the idea of lockdown. In my country the first attempt did not work out well. A lot of souls were lost. Hunger, looting of people's properties and robbery became another pandemic ln my place.

Yes, the lockdown sometimes increases problems but we cannot risk lives. I think this is also one of the greatest reasons why the government has no choice but to impose restrictions. The government never provided any support and this is also a reason why people suffered.

To put it another way, last year, among the roughly 50 million Americans 65 or older, there were 2,067,400 deaths. According to the latest CDC model, about 40,000 Americans 65 or older will die as a result of COVID-19, less than 2 percent of those who would die if there were no virus. Most of those in the 65-plus age who die are the oldest, 80 and above, with underlying conditions, and who have very short additional life expectancy. So, why is the government shutting down the entire economy to lengthen the average life span of the oldest Americans by a few months at most? Yes, there are a few young people who will be infected and tragically die, but the odds of this happening to any given individual are so small as being almost impossible to measure with any certainty.

To put it another way, last year, among the roughly 50 million Americans 65 or older, there were 2,067,400 deaths. According to the latest CDC model, about 40,000 Americans 65 or older will die as a result of COVID-19, less than 2 percent of those who would die if there were no virus. Most of those in the 65-plus age who die are the oldest, 80 and above, with underlying conditions, and who have very short additional life expectancy. So, why is the government shutting down the entire economy to lengthen the average life span of the oldest Americans by a few months at most? Yes, there are a few young people who will be infected and tragically die, but the odds of this happening to any given individual are so small as being almost impossible to measure with any certainty.

I think the number of young people who died were more than the expected number. Not all the young people have a good immune system and you must also consider the fact that people who smoke cigarettes were also vulnerable to covid-19 infections. However, now things are back to normal in my country and the number of infections are decreasing at a high rate.

If the proper protocols are in place and the authorities would implement them properly then I don't think the lockdown would be necessary. Let the economy move with the spending and the usual lifestyle. The only risk is the spread of the covid when people do not make themselves safe from contamination.
The more lockdown is observed, is the more the economy of the world suffers because everything including all businesses are affected which reduces productivity.

The more lockdown is observed, is the more the economy of the world suffers because everything including all businesses are affected which reduces productivity.

Unfortunately, many policemen in my city took a huge advantage of the lockdown situation. They were taking bribes from shopkeepers. However, now the things have changed because lockdown is no longer imposed because the Covid-19 cases have reduced and the economy is improving once again.

Unfortunately, many policemen in my city took a huge advantage of the lockdown situation. They were taking bribes from shopkeepers. However, now the things have changed because lockdown is no longer imposed because the Covid-19 cases have reduced and the economy is improving once again.
Nigeria is one of the worst country that have ever seen and it shames me that I missed is about this country because even during the time of the love down there was a very serious corruption that most governments are involved with when they didn't share the palliatives that we're supposed to given to the masses to help them get by with the lockdown.

Lockdown shouldn't be a compulsory measure now due to the current developments with regards to the control of COVID-19. The development of a vaccine now and other preventive measures have been found to be effective in the control of the pandemic while still allowing businesses to go as planned.
Yeah, I agree with you on this. Now that there is some better measures, lockdown should not be imposed anymore. I am glad that even in my country, the president finally decided to remove the 10pm curfew that has been effective for almost a year.

Nigeria is one of the worst country that have ever seen and it shames me that I missed is about this country because even during the time of the love down there was a very serious corruption that most governments are involved with when they didn't share the palliatives that we're supposed to given to the masses to help them get by with the lockdown.

I do not think that Nigeria is the only country that has this problem. My country (Pakistan) has also faced a lots of problems during the lockdown period. Many people were arrested for violating the lockdown rule and they had no other option to do so because they were not able to feed their families during the lockdown.

I do not think that Nigeria is the only country that has this problem. My country (Pakistan) has also faced a lots of problems during the lockdown period. Many people were arrested for violating the lockdown rule and they had no other option to do so because they were not able to feed their families during the lockdown.
That seems to be true I think that Nigeria is not the only country that face this issue because from what I know even my business offline was affected and I could not manage or run my business successfully,in my region we also face some food scarcity so the lockdown really affected me alot but now things is really getting better as we can open our shop and go our normal business

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back