Is VAR helping football?

Kinglegend01

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
On my own personal opinion, I think var is really destroying football as we know it. In the beginning it sounded like a good idea but with just a year in use, I have gotten totally fed up with it's really strict and shocking rules.

McIrx

Resident Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Even though the grumblings just won't stop their is no denying the divisive impact of VAR on football. Despite this it is a technology I strongly support. Asides, we are all getting used to it now.

cafediscussions

jeff87

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Yesterday, I watched arsenal game vs wolves, there was no contact between Luiz and Martin's but the referee gave him red card and penalty.
Will referee and VAR make football enjoyable again?;

What's your thoughts on this?
I have not watched the arsenal game versus wolves, but with your post here telling us about what happened it is as if I have watched their game. The red card and not penalty that was given by the referee if there was no contact between Martin and Luiz could be wrong.

Kingstone

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
VAR has helped so many clubs and has also made the game look so boring sometimes. The referee should be allowed to make a good decision after the VAR consultation. But the pitchside monitor is the best for me and VAR should be used offside alone.

eLdavis

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
The main reason for the introduction of VAR was simply to create an atmosphere where there is actually accuracy in decision making by the referee. So when he is not sure the VAR would give the clear view of what happened. If they have not achieved this yet, then those managing the machine should be checked.

Hrtbeat

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
As a football fans, I like it when it favors my team, but not the same when the decision is against my team. In generally its not helping football. It's killing the vibes. A player will score a wonderful or important goal but must wait for confirmation from VAR before he celebrates.

Godspower

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
VAR has improved football in a huge way. Some errors and infringements that could not have been spotted by referees are brought back by the VAR. It's just the application of it that is a bit controversial.

Ezekiel

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Definitely it a yes,VAR are really helping football especially the referee to make accurate decision,there are some fouls a referee can not see but with the help of VAR a righful decision will be made

Immilash

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Seriously I'm not watching football or any sports activities, I was once a footballer but I had an accident while playing since then I hate anything that has to do with sports.

Dagm1

Just do it
Verified Poster
BizNotes
I don't believe var supports football, but it's possible that var does. I don't know much about var, and I'm new to this.

saoussen5765

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Many people aren't convinced by VAR results and sometimes accusate the referree for taking such judgment after seing VAR because it is hard to convince players and watchers.

Kaffyfolla

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
With the help of VAR in 2019/20, it rose to 94 per cent. Over the course of 2019/20, over 2,400 incidents were checked and 109 decisions were overturned by the VAR, an average of an overturned decision every 3.5 matches.