What's new

Is the percentage taken by market places after a domain sale not too much?

I do not think that the percentage that this marketplaces take after domain names are sold off on their platform is too much because 10% of the amount is not too much fees for using their platform to sell your domain.

On flippa, I spend $15 to list my website and pay additional 10 percent for successful transaction. IN other words, if my website sells for $100, I will be spending $15 for listing and $100 for success fees.

On flippa, I spend $15 to list my website and pay additional 10 percent for successful transaction. IN other words, if my website sells for $100, I will be spending $15 for listing and $100 for success fees.
That's not a problem at all provided you made profit from of, cos profit matters most. One can't eat alone, but also spend too to get better reward.

That's not a problem at all provided you made profit from of, cos profit matters most. One can't eat alone, but also spend too to get better reward.
That is true. We have to realize that these market places offered us the opportunity to list our domain names before getting end users to buy .

Normally they must make money from tje sakes you make out from your website or domain. But charging bizarre amount of money isn't worth it.

That is true. We have to realize that these market places offered us the opportunity to list our domain names before getting end users to buy .
They are simply doing the best thing, without them it wouldn't have been easy selling the domain or website with out the marketplace sites, they deserve commissions too.

If what they take as their cut or fee for every successful sales made through their platform, then I don't really seen that percentage as too much as the rest is yours to keep

In order to sell your domain name, you have to list it in places like Dan, afternic and the likes. You can also do outbound marketing by reaching out to end users who may be interested in buying the domain name you are selling.
However, after each successful sale these market places tend to take as much as 10% of the amount the domain name was sold for. Don't you think this Percentage they take is too much?
Yea the percentage they are gaining is too much, it should not be more than at most 5%.How much is the domain even worth that will still be removing 10% from it

Yea the percentage they are gaining is too much, it should not be more than at most 5%.How much is the domain even worth that will still be removing 10% from it
This is due to their popularity so you may sell on a marketplace that takes less pourcentage but is visited by less people that is why pourcentage is less and we know time is money so may you pay more but you get sale in few days instead of a month.

This is due to their popularity so you may sell on a marketplace that takes less pourcentage but is visited by less people that is why pourcentage is less and we know time is money so may you pay more but you get sale in few days instead of a month.
This is a very credible reason and I believe a lot of these market places consider this before setting up that high percentage that they charge.

Well the percentage was known prior to doing business on there so there is no foul play, If the percentage was your satisfactory to a seller why sell on the in the first place since the percentage seems high
Some sellers do not read the terms and conditions always and this makes them to be ignorant of these things from the beginning, until they realize lately.

There some marketplace that commands exorbitant rate as commission. One of such markets places afternic.com. They are doing this because they believe that they have wider coverage than any other domain name marketplace on the internet. I think the price is fair in my perspective.

Last edited:
Depending on the market place you are referring to but if it's the one I use I'll say it's fair enough and also it's more like a give and take thing like it's vice versa.

There are other alternatives that one can try apart from just the sites that one sells, some people now make use of social media to market their domain website.

Does a marketplace that commands exorbitant rate as commission. One of such markets places afternic.com. They are doing this because they believe that they have wider coverage than any other domain name marketplace on the internet. I think the price is fair in my perspective.
When I consider certain factors I just have to take the charger that way as they are the ones responsible for the payment made by the buyer often.

The truth is that such market places actually do a lot for you and will find it hard to make sales if you do not place the adverts there so ten percent is a fair price to me.

Actually I haven't been into domain sales or marketing related to it at all but seeing people reviews here I can come to the conclusion that certain things need to be put in place before for choosing a percentage .

One should be grateful that these market places takes this little percentages for the sales made on their platforms. Imagine not using their platforms but decide using your own way without them, would you think the odds would be in your favor?

From what I have learned so far, it is advisable to list the domain name at a higher rate that would be enough to cover the fees so you won't get to feel it much later on. That's the best option.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back