What's new

Is social media causing more harm to the society than good

Sometime it depends on person to person how they use it but in bigger picture, yes it is causing more harm than it is useful specially racial comments, hate speech and misinformation around the world that creates tension in many places.

This topic would always be up for debate because most technological advancement come with a lot of good and bad side but it depends on the user to direct to either good or bad.

It causing both

But it depends on how it is been used

While some are getting motivated by what they see on socials , some are getting depressed and it making them give up

Can say Yes because social media like Facebook most people misused it by sending unvited video picture to their friends sometimes to people that they have not chatted before and if the receiver those not know how to control his or her emotion that when it cause a problem to her

Though social media was made to actually make things easier for us, to be able to connect with ease with our friends and family but these days many users have become addicted, they nolonger interact with the real world, becoming anti social

In my opinion, the social media has caused lots of good and a lot of harm . I would simply put that social media stood inbetween the good and the bad . The uses depends on individuals but i would emphasize that the bad use could be check by regulatory measures and it's for the better of all.

Although social media has I bad sides no doubt but the good definitely outweighs the bad because the influence it has on this generation can be downplayed and it's been a tool for survival for most people too

No, social networks doesn't hurt the culture, Some harassments remarks as well as messages are actually passed which offend individuals whereby they obtain hurt or else it is actually the very best resource for a student. One thing that has actually an advantage has actually drawback as well.

As for me I think yes
Because in my area you hardly see a human under the age of ten not getting use to social media and other truly play bad role in them

Social media is an online platform that connects many people together to communicate interact and shares ideas together.
many youth find social media entertaining more than any form of entertainment, they talk and gist their, some people advertise their goods on it, some people are social media influencers and they make a lot of money on it.
but social media still has it disadvantages, many youth waste a lot of their time on social media doing nonsensical things, it expose some youth to bad and violent behaviours, and some share inappropriate things to each other with the aid of social media.
So please is social media causing more harms or bads to the society.
Social media has really make the world a global village where everybody can communicate with one another, and it also make advertisement easy but it also waste the time of most youth

Absolutely. Sometimes I think the world would have been better off without social media. The fake lifestyle I see is just disgusting. But then we can't still underate it's value

The more time spent on social media can lead to cyber bullying, social anxiety, depression and exposure to content that is not age appropriate. Social media is addicting. When you're playing a game or accomplishing a task, you seek to do it and well as you can

I don't subscribe to that line of thought. We live in a world where everything has an advantage and also a disadvantage. While I agree that social media comes with some societal ills and it can become addictive. There's also a lot of benefits to be derived from the right usage. At the end it comes down to the ability to moderate it usage.
In everything that has advantage there is also a disadvantage the merits far outweighs the demerit,but a lot of persons this days have really turn the social media into something negative.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back