What's new

Is Paypal really the best way to accept payments?

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
To be honest, I am not sure anymore.
I have a Paypal business account and it doesn't accept any gifts at all. As everything is getting linked to our Social security number, while paying taxes I had mention this amount as well. It's just less than 100$ and yet I had to pay extra tax for it and the reason given was, it's a small business and I will have to pay for maintaining it.

So, I have been thinking of this for a while now. Is Paypal the best way to accept payments for individual transactions? What about gift cards like Amazon gift cards? I am not sure whether I can purchase an Amazon.com gift card when I am in India.

Anyway, what do you all think?

It really depends on what other payment processors are out being used. Example being, Venmo is owned by Paypal. It is essentially a separate service similar to PayPal, that was bought out by PayPal at one point. I don't know enough of other services to make a comparison on capabilities compared to the standard PayPal use features.

I have a PayPal Plus account, which allows me to not have to keep money in it all the time, like the Business Accounts. And since I live in the U.S., I have recently taken advantage of the Business MasterCard Debit Card, and now have Direct Deposit information to use, if I ever want to switch over entirely to online banking.

I have been using PayPal for many years and once you fully verify your account & lift any limitations, it's one of the best payment processors to use. Withdrawals from the balance are usually instant to your bank, & payments are received within a matter of minutes. PayPal offers buyer protection for goods & services purchased which protects us as consumers.

I didn't realize our social security account numbers were given to PayPal? I don't recall giving them mine in the past. But then again my PayPal is not business so is that the difference?

Paying taxes on any money you make is part of working a business. In the US you only have to file a tax return if you made a certain amount of income. When I was making money at home I filed every year regardless because I never wanted it to come back to haunt me but that was my husband's fears getting through to me. I probably didn't have to file at all thinking back on it.

I didn't realize our social security account numbers were given to PayPal? I don't recall giving them mine in the past. But then again my PayPal is not business so is that the difference?

Paying taxes on any money you make is part of working a business. In the US you only have to file a tax return if you made a certain amount of income. When I was making money at home I filed every year regardless because I never wanted it to come back to haunt me but that was my husband's fears getting through to me. I probably didn't have to file at all thinking back on it.
Social Security Numbers usually are given for verification to account upgrades. For example, if one wants an active account without funds in it, upgrading to paypal plus requires a social security number and proof of ID and address.

Yes for me PayPal is best option as it comes with lots of option to takes payments, lower fees/no fees sometime, have 24*7 support. They have buyer and seller protection option means it always high chance to have protection against frauds.

To be honest, I am not sure anymore.
I have a Paypal business account and it doesn't accept any gifts at all. As everything is getting linked to our Social security number, while paying taxes I had mention this amount as well. It's just less than 100$ and yet I had to pay extra tax for it and the reason given was, it's a small business and I will have to pay for maintaining it.

So, I have been thinking of this for a while now. Is Paypal the best way to accept payments for individual transactions? What about gift cards like Amazon gift cards? I am not sure whether I can purchase an Amazon.com gift card when I am in India.

Anyway, what do you all think?
I have had PayPal for many years, until today it has worked perfectly for me, but, for just over a year, I have a second chance with Airtm, and it is very good, apart from the fact that you have options to work on that page and earn money , quietly online. I recommend it, here the link in case you are interested. https://app.airtm.com/ivt/ImGKGzSE

In all my life I have only used paypal, so I consider paypal is the best for payments.

I try payeer too but it didn't surprise me at all..

For me, PayPal is the best payment processor out there. I have been using it for so long now and I have never regretted. It may be so strict but when you follow their rules and verify your account, you enjoy so many benefits. I use it to receive payment from many online earning sites and I can easily convert it to my local currency. In my country, the money can be easily withdrawn to a mobile wallet account known as Mpesa which makes it so convenient. Moreover, it only takes minutes for you to receive your local money from PayPal to Mpesa.

of course, Paypal is the best wallet ever although the high fees but still special to the others due to the high degree of safety (you can send, receive, shop... with any problem and risk of a hack).

I could say it is one of the best payment system I have seen ,this is based on the reviews I have read about the system because it is not available for full usage in my country .

People like us that are from low tier country. There is no PayPal option for us to receive payment. We can't only send out PayPal to people but can't receive.

People like us that are from low tier country. There is no PayPal option for us to receive payment. We can't only send out PayPal to people but can't receive.
It is a technical way to limit us completely because it difficult to send money when you can't receive, how can such account be funded to enable it to send.

PayPal is reliable and trusted. I do not find it convenient though because there are restrictions on my country and I can only send payment and not receive.

It is a technical way to limit us completely because it difficult to send money when you can't receive, how can such account be funded to enable it to send.
With respect to this , you can add money with the help of credit cards .

PayPal is still the best, yeah there services may not be fully functional everywhere but places where they are they are really worth it.
PayPal is fast, safe and secured

Personally, I'm very, very happy with PayPal. I've used it exclusively for YEARS now and have only ever had one complaint in all that time. Because that's all I know, I prefer to stay with it. However, I'm also the type of person who always wants to know what else is out there. As such, lately, I've been poking around and reading up on PayPal alternatives and I keep hearing great things about TransferWise, PerfectMoney and Payoneer. Sometimes we just have to take a leap of faith and try other things on the market.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back