What's new

Is online Media The Reason For Drop In Newspaper Sales From Vendors?

Internet has really play a major role in the reduction of people who read newspaper, most of the headlines in each newspapers are already seeb on social medias..i can say old the aged people still draw out money to purchase a newspaper

I believe so because online us taking over a lot of things and people are no more interested in Reading of newspaper as they will just go online and have any information they will need. Yes I can agree with you that internet is the only reason why I have this drop in newspaper reading and other analogue way of getting information

Definitely online news has really reduce newspaper sales. so many news that people will be eager to hear or to Read on the newspaper would have been seen prior papers delivered. Even heard a news few days back that newspapers vendors in Nigeria complaining about drop in sales and begging government to restrict social media

With the advent of social media platforms and other web pages where news and trends could be gotten from the comfort of our homes, the hardcopy newspaper seems to have dropped in sales. Vendors are blaming the proliferation of online site as the sole reason for a reduction in their sales and earnings. Do you believe that there is a drop in the sales as vendors claim?

Do you agree with them on this? What are the other factors that could have cost a decline in the buying of newspaper from the road side or from vendors?

I personally feel there are other factors that could have made the patronage of newspapers from vendors low.

Yea, exactly. Online media is a major cause for the lack of interest in buying newspapers from vendor anymore. But actually, most of those newspaper company you see now have their own website online too where they promote their market.

With the invention of the telegraph, radio and television, print newspapers have faced challenges over the decades, yet publishers have always adapted and persevered. However, the Internet is proving to be a far more dangerous foe to the traditional newspaper model. Faced with such an adversary, small and large newspapers alike may have no choice but to abandon their traditional methods for a more innovative approach.
Yes online media have lesson the importance of news paper selling because we get any news highlights or every event in our comfort zone without investing money on news paper and listening every thing with waiting the news so online social media have almost neglected the importance of newspapers according to my opinion

Online media is the reason for drop in newspapers sales worldwide, the world has gone digital. Everyone now has access to news and information at the tips of their fingers. You can browse breaking news on your mobile phone or laptops.

social media and news channels made it easy to comfortly watch and read the news. you dont need to go outside and buy a newspaper to read news. and i think newspaper has a limited information. you can only read waht is written on newspapers. if you want further information or need some specific news then you have to search on internet.
Post automatically merged:

social media and news channels made it easy to comfortly watch and read the news. you dont need to go outside and buy a newspaper to read news. and i think newspaper has a limited information. you can only read waht is written on newspapers. if you want further information or need some specific news then you have to search on internet.

The world is going digital now and a lot of wise individuals and economies are moving with her. You don't expect the sales of newspaper to still be on the high when there is a better alternative In the presence of social media.

The rise of social media has made people lazy in reading of newspapers. Especially the youth who have grown in the presence of modern technology have not always embraced the use of newspapers. You will always find the old generation using newspapers most of the time because they are not used to social media platforms. I think newspapers at some point have something unique that social media platforms lack.

It is common at the present time to see people getting updates on the latest news from the internet rather than the traditional method of reading a newspaper. ... In conclusion, although newspapers remain popular today, they will gradually be replaced by the desire to read the news through electronic sources.

With the advent of social media platforms and other web pages where news and trends could be gotten from the comfort of our homes, the hardcopy newspaper seems to have dropped in sales. Vendors are blaming the proliferation of online site as the sole reason for a reduction in their sales and earnings. Do you believe that there is a drop in the sales as vendors claim?

Do you agree with them on this? What are the other factors that could have cost a decline in the buying of newspaper from the road side or from vendors?

I personally feel there are other factors that could have made the patronage of newspapers from vendors low.
With the introduction to improved technology and advancement in technology inovation that brought about change in news dislimination, social media broadcast makes the spread of information fast with less stress

Online media is not the reason newspaper vendor are not selling. Newspaper has taken there business online and people have also subscribe to their online platform. The ones offline are the only ones affected because they do not understand that online has taken over.

Yes..... Many of the big news papers companies like vanguard, Guardian, punch, the nation and this day now have application where you can get all their daily news from
You can also have the application for CNN, BBC and Aljazeera and so many others..... Yes the online media is the reason for drop in sale of newspaper vendors

thumbnail.jpg

Stand A Chance To Win 1 Million Naira -...
Stand A Chance To Win 1 Million Naira - #NairabetNearWin Promo​
secure.calch.gdn​

thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!

Find Business and finance Here!​
thumbnail.jpg

Doctors Have Discovered The Cause Of Bad...
Doctors Have Discovered The Cause Of Bad Breath! Read Here​
secure.calch.gdn​

semp.net​

thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!

Find Business news Here!​

semp.net​

thumbnail.jpg

Those With Pain In The Joints Of The Knees...
Those With Pain In The Joints Of The Knees And Hips, Read This!​
secure.calch.gdn​
With the introduction to improved technology and advancement in technology inovation that brought about change in news dislimination, social media broadcast makes the spread of information fast with less stress
Online media is not the reason newspaper vendor are not selling. Newspaper has taken there business online and people have also subscribe to their online platform. The ones offline are the only ones affected because they do not understand that online has taken over.
Advancement in technology brought about speed spread of information , technology I mean here is phones, TV set etc , most people have subscribe to one social media or the other .

Advancement in technology brought about speed spread of information , technology I mean here is phones, TV set etc , most people have subscribe to one social media or the other .
This is very correct, advancement in technology has improve a lot of things. Online media platform has really decrease newspaper vendor business like you mentioned earlier the use of phone and other technological instrument has changed a lot of things.

I don't really think so, reason be that one man's Food is another mans poison, some people like reading news and resent happenings online, while others love going to the news papers stand to read and keep them for reference, so that's it what you like doing maybe be what others dislikes.

Newspaper is actually an analogue way for passing out and information but now internet it is now a digital way of passing information becauseeveryone goes to the internet to search for one type of information all the other. Yes it is the reason

Absolutely, you are correct about this and it seems to be the main reason why there is a drop in the patronage of news paper vendors. Also, maybe the prices of hardcopy papers were going high too. Now it rather seems to be an obsolete means of being informed.

Thanks for the interesting topic @Dubai. I personally prefer online reading, especially on my phone, to hardcopy news. This is because the hardcopy version takes my space and is kind of inconveniencing.

On your smartphone things are smooth because you just scroll from page to page. The same would go for Holy books; scrolling through a smartphone for a scripture is easier than having to look for it in hardcopy.

I think this explains the reason for this shift. Things are digital now, especially in light of this pandemic.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back