What's new

Is online Media The Reason For Drop In Newspaper Sales From Vendors?

Dubai

Familiar Face
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 26, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
With the advent of social media platforms and other web pages where news and trends could be gotten from the comfort of our homes, the hardcopy newspaper seems to have dropped in sales. Vendors are blaming the proliferation of online site as the sole reason for a reduction in their sales and earnings. Do you believe that there is a drop in the sales as vendors claim?

Do you agree with them on this? What are the other factors that could have cost a decline in the buying of newspaper from the road side or from vendors?

I personally feel there are other factors that could have made the patronage of newspapers from vendors low.

not really tho, but the internet has played a major role. People no longer have to go out to buy news papers which actually becomes useless after reading, when you easily get the news at the comfort of your home, anytime anyday and you dont have to worry about how to dispose them after reading.

I we say yes. Although, newspaper vendor still make sales but not like how it use to be back in 80thies and 90thies. The advent of mobile phones and the creation of different sites has made buying of newspapers from vendors reduce drastically. Because people prefer to use their phone to Google whatever out and read instead of going out to buy newspapers.

Social media has really affected the sales of news paper by vendors. Talking from experience, my uncle use to by at least two different news paper daily but now he just subscribed for the online version of the news papers online and read it online even before the day break. And am sure this is what other people might be doing.

Certainly the comfort of having the news has taken away the dependency of people on news papers which use to be the main source of news material aside the TV and radio broadcast. With the coming of internet, at the touch of a button all this information can be gotten with a mobile phone.

I don't patronize them so I won't know wether their sales have drop.but if it has drop social media will be the main reason because people now browse any information they want with their mobile phone so why would they waste their time and money by buying news paper.

Is quite obvious that online media has affected almost everything, who has that time to actually head out for newspaper while they can access such via their mobiles? Technology is now the heart of the nation.

There is no point in buying newspaper as all what they are going to published can be found free on the internet. Most of the news they are going to publish on the following day would have been broken on the internet a day before. Some of them even copy gist from online trending so what is the essence of buying the newspaper. It's online the senior citizen that patronize them now which makes the sales drop drastically.

With the advent of social media platforms and other web pages where news and trends could be gotten from the comfort of our homes, the hardcopy newspaper seems to have dropped in sales. Vendors are blaming the proliferation of online site as the sole reason for a reduction in their sales and earnings. Do you believe that there is a drop in the sales as vendors claim?

Do you agree with them on this? What are the other factors that could have cost a decline in the buying of newspaper from the road side or from vendors?

I personally feel there are other factors that could have made the patronage of newspapers from vendors low.
Yes, because in these days of technology we have social media in our pockets we don't even sit a while in family gathering and watch news on television ....so yes these days newspaper and other means of communication are given less priority because of internet and andraid devices

This is not yorking science 32002 stand we all know that the reason why there is trouble in his paper selves is because of the news reader on all the internet paper hardly go out to buy again they just log on to the internet without mobile phones or laptops and then go straight the new section and they get it as it is happen that particular time so I think that is the reason why the cells in newspaper and all of that is declining

Least of buying of a newspaper has been due to the social media platform that has been alternate source of the news in the current situations, but there's always a sold items of newspaper as the provinces not more usually in the social media platform.

Least of buying of a newspaper has been due to the social media platform that has been alternate source of the news in the current situations, but there's always a sold items of newspaper as the provinces not more usually in the social media platform.
Yeah, you are quite correct about it. I was just wondering if the sole reason was as a result of social media platforms and blogs. You know, price of the papers could be another reason why the vendors are not being patronize. I think if papers are cheap enough, people would still buy them. Or are paper technology going outdated and extinct?

The print media is going because people don't do physical books like before. People now focus more on online books formats like ebooks or pdf. This has contributed massively to the decline in sales of newspapers. Factor in the fact that the reading culture has also decreased and you have reasons why it is like this.

Social media have a vital role in this because everything needed to know is on the internet and you can know more than what is in the papers through the same internet. The world is digital now and there are some things internet has help outgrow but there are still vendors around but not like how it used to be

We're now in a digital age,
I used to buy newspapers too but not anymore. Everything is online. Even the media houses have presence online.

Anyone who can access the Internet is assured almost as much information and data as professional journalists have. media consumers who feel not worthy with the quality of service provided by a particular news medium could readily look for alternatives elsewhere. The notion of loyalty to a particular news medium has become untenable it is in lieu of this that the researcher decides to investigate the impact of the internet on newspaper production.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone who can access the Internet is assured almost as much information and data as professional journalists have. media consumers who feel not worthy with the quality of service provided by a particular news medium could readily look for alternatives elsewhere. The notion of loyalty to a particular news medium has become untenable it is in lieu of this that the researcher decides to investigate the impact of the internet on newspaper production.

There is a possibililty for the drop of newspaper using social media and other online sites. But the good thing is it will now disappear to the market. People need it because hard copy for some transaction is needed. Such as verifying dates and it needed for a background picture.

I agree with them, online media are the reason for the drop in sales of newspapers, back then in my previous office we would buy a newspaper everyday to catch up with news, after a while no one bothered because before getting to the office I would have read the news while in the bus.

Of course. Since the emergence of internet and online media which provides avenue for anyone and everyone to read or even watch the news or events that are taking place anywhere around the globe, print media has stopped being the main source of news. Thereby affecting vendors.
Post automatically merged:

Of course. Since the emergence of internet and online media which provides avenue for anyone and everyone to read or even watch the news or events that are taking place anywhere around the globe, print media has stopped being the main source of news. Thereby affecting vendors.

With the invention of the telegraph, radio and television, print newspapers have faced challenges over the decades, yet publishers have always adapted and persevered. However, the Internet is proving to be a far more dangerous foe to the traditional newspaper model. Faced with such an adversary, small and large newspapers alike may have no choice but to abandon their traditional methods for a more innovative approach.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back