Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I've been thinking about jumping to Linux instead of Windows these days. I used Linux in the past, and it has been way faster for work related means, and I think I'm going to fully adopt the OS and move on from windows. Do you guys like to use Linux over Windows or even Mac?

Linux may not be the best for work related activities but it is good. I would recommend because I use it too. I use it for some management and it never disappointed me for once.

Linux is an operating system just like Windows; Mac OS X developed by Linus Torvalds in 1991. Operating system is the interface between the software and the hardware. It provides services for the applications and manages computer hardware. Initially, Linux was just an operating system but now it became the platform to run desktops, embedded systems, and servers. It was developed as an alternative for Minix (UNIX clone developed by Andrew S. Tanenbaum

Advantages of Linux​

Let us now discuss some advantages of Linux in brief:

1. Open Source​

One of the main advantages of Linux is that it is an open source operating system i.e. its source code is easily available for everyone. Anyone capable of coding can contribute, modify, enhance and distribute the code to anyone and for any purpose.

2. Security​

Linux is more secure in comparison to other operating systems such as Windows. Linux is not completely secure as there is some malware for it also but it is less vulnerable than others. Every program in Linux whether an application or a virus needs authorization from the administrator in the form of a password. Unless the password is typed virus won’t execute. There is no requirement of any anti-virus program in Linux.

3. Revive older computer systems​

Linux helps you to use or utilize your old and outdated computer systems as a firewall, router, backup server or file server and many more. There are many distributions available to use according to your system capability. As you can use Puppy Linux for low- end systems.

I've been thinking about jumping to Linux instead of Windows these days. I used Linux in the past, and it has been way faster for work related means, and I think I'm going to fully adopt the OS and move on from windows. Do you guys like to use Linux over Windows or even Mac?
Yes, when it comes to management, Linus is the best, and the user interface is also easy to use. Most banks also make use of it but the problem is finding applications on Linux is not that common since not everyone make use of it, the softwares are also more expensive than windows.

Linux is an operating system just like Windows; Mac OS X developed by Linus Torvalds in 1991. Operating system is the interface between the software and the hardware. It provides services for the applications and manages computer hardware. Initially, Linux was just an operating system but now it became the platform to run desktops, embedded systems, and servers. It was developed as an alternative for Minix (UNIX clone developed by Andrew S. Tanenbaum

Advantages of Linux​

Let us now discuss some advantages of Linux in brief:

1. Open Source​

One of the main advantages of Linux is that it is an open source operating system i.e. its source code is easily available for everyone. Anyone capable of coding can contribute, modify, enhance and distribute the code to anyone and for any purpose.

2. Security​

Linux is more secure in comparison to other operating systems such as Windows. Linux is not completely secure as there is some malware for it also but it is less vulnerable than others. Every program in Linux whether an application or a virus needs authorization from the administrator in the form of a password. Unless the password is typed virus won’t execute. There is no requirement of any anti-virus program in Linux.

3. Revive older computer systems​

Linux helps you to use or utilize your old and outdated computer systems as a firewall, router, backup server or file server and many more. There are many distributions available to use according to your system capability. As you can use Puppy Linux for low- end systems.
Oh! I just understand the meaning of Linux and how it works. It has very good advantages in which you can use it for management. Though I never use it before but with the tips I have got here, I will try it out as well.

I have never used linux, therefore, I do not know anything about linux, I don't know how better or worse it is compared to windows. I have also never used Mac.

Both of them seems to be good and easy to manage or control everything with it,but I think Linux is actually the best among them all,all its features are nice.

I have known different types of Linux but for this I don't really know which one are we talking about. I know you can use Linux to do many things it also helps to secure your site.

I've never used this Linux for any task so i can't really tell. Window works perfectly for me in terms of management but since you said Linux is much faster, i would give it a try.

I've never used Linux, so I don't know much about it. I also don't know how it compares to Windows. I've never used a Mac, either.

Linux offers great speed and security, on the other hand, Windows offers great ease of use, so that even non-tech-savvy people can work easily on personal computers. Linux is employed by many corporate organizations as servers and OS for security purpose while Windows is mostly employed by business users and gamers.

I hate to see any issues of viruse when using a system, LINUX was recommended by a colleague of mine to me as I once lost all my informatios on a system due to malware, but now am enjoying Linux.

I make use of Microsoft Windows on my computer system and they are serving all the purpose I needed them for in my business activities. I have never make use of linux.

In my experience, I can say that if you need a PC just for work, then Linux is the best OS for this, because it does not take up much disk space and does not load the processor as much as Windows or macOS. I work as a programmer and at home I have a laptop that runs on Linux, and I will never switch to Windows again in my life. Especially when I found out about centos 7 end of life, now Linux works even faster for me and is protected at the same time. So I hope my post will be useful to you and if you have any questions, please write in private messages.

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back