Is lack of FOCUS the reason most Startup fail?

Kubiat-Abasi

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Yes, I subscribe to this notion. Lack of focus is one of the reasons some start-up business fail. If you're keen and observant to your business, you'll be able to notice the loopholes and make corrections.

Toyoabasi

Resident Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

What other things could lead to early closure of Newly established businesses?
Lack of focus would be one of the causes of failed businesses. Other causes would be :
Inconsistency
Lack of managerial skills
Poor planning

cafediscussions

Maayong

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
If an entrepreneur isn't focus in his business he will fail the same goes to everybody, whether you're a teacher, banker, pastor or a doctor if you don't focus on your work you'll fail

Skysaint

Resident Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
I don't really think that it's lack of focus. Let's be realistic here, how can someone use his hard earned money to startup a business and just abandon it at an early stage or even don't have an already existing goal to be achieved through it? What causes most business to fail sometimes might be due to though competitors and the rest

Reedex

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Most of the businesses fail due to the inability to plan . Planning before starting up a business would bring about focus. It would help you concentrate better and makes it lots easier to work. When you do things the way they come, you would losses guards and this could make the business very frustrating.

Abigael

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Most of the businesses fail due to the inability to plan . Planning before starting up a business would bring about focus. It would help you concentrate better and makes it lots easier to work. When you do things the way they come, you would losses guards and this could make the business very frustrating.
That is very true. Planning is the best thing in business. It is through plans that you will start concentrating only on the most important tasks in business. That way, you don't waste you time or money on unimportant things, which happens when you lack focus.

Kelly5

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
One can say it is among the many reasons most of the startups do fail sometimes. An entrepreneur that is not focused but always distracted by things not relevant to his business will.most likely end up a failure

Savkid

Familiar Face
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Lack of focus is a major problem for the downfall of most businesses..bacause if you not determined and focus to achieve something you won't get it

Stnicholaz

Resident Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
I would say the reason will new start up fails is lack of experience and knowledge about the business, coupled with no enough fund. And for some that has enough fund is it inconsistency and impatient.

YERUS

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Lack of focus could be one of the reasons.
Other reasons maybe inadequate business planning, poor financial management and low profits.
I believe we could have more success in businesses if these are checked.
Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

What other things could lead to early closure of Newly established businesses?