What's new

Is it worth using a blogspot blog these days?

For me I don't see any thing bad with using blogspot. It comes with free hosting and CDN from Google. You can easily customize it with themes and widgets. However you need to use a normal standard domain not blogspot domain to get the best out of it. Self hosted WordPress just gives you more freedom.

It depends on what you to use the blog for. If you just to used the blog to develop your writting skill or use it as portfolio website, then you can use blog post. But if your plan is to monetize the blog with google adsense, you might to use paid hosting and domain.

I don't really see anything wrong with a blogspot blog because it's free and easy to manage. You can even host ads on it whether AdSense or any other ad network. However you need to use a domain name not the blogspot free domain name.

It is not worth using blogspot to run one's business. The public would not take the business serious. Especially if you are into information marketing, your customers would hesitate to deal with you since your site is not properly registered and anybody could claim ownership of that name you labour very hard to build.

I still have a few blogs using blogspot these days, but I rarely use the platform anymore for my blogs. I haven't updated said blogs in years and I've since just let them sit and die over the years.

Anyway, is it even worth using blogspot anymore to run blogs? I liked it in the past, but the way Google changed it, I didn't like it, and in turn I moved on from using it.

Who here still uses blogspot?

The decision to use Blogspot depends on your specific requirements, goals, and preferences. If you prioritize simplicity, cost-effectiveness, and integration with Google services, Blogspot can be a suitable choice.

However, if you desire more customization, ownership, and control over your blog, or if you have long-term growth and branding objectives, you may consider a self-hosted platform like WordPress.

Assess your needs, research different blogging platforms, and choose the option that aligns best with your goals.

Blogspot may not be the best choice for serious bloggers or businesses. Having a custom domain and more control over your website through a self-hosted platform like WordPress can improve your brand image, SEO, and flexibility.

For me personally it is not something that I'm going to recommend because there are far more better option that are going to give you more potential in terms of getting the best out of your blog which is why I would recommend WordPress.

Blogspot can still be a viable option. However, if you prioritize advanced customization, ownership, and scalability, you may want to explore other blogging platforms, such as self-hosted WordPress or other content management systems.

Blogspot can still be a viable option. However, if you prioritize advanced customization, ownership, and scalability, you may want to explore other blogging platforms, such as self-hosted WordPress or other content management systems.

I would most likely say that using Blogspot to be a viable option is only going to be considered for someone who's working with a very small tight budget. If you have a decent budget, it's far more better to use enhanced software.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back