What's new

Is it worth using a blogspot blog these days?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I still have a few blogs using blogspot these days, but I rarely use the platform anymore for my blogs. I haven't updated said blogs in years and I've since just let them sit and die over the years.

Anyway, is it even worth using blogspot anymore to run blogs? I liked it in the past, but the way Google changed it, I didn't like it, and in turn I moved on from using it.

Who here still uses blogspot?

You just need to buy a domain and a template optimized for search engines
Blogspot blogs are still a popular choice for bloggers, and they can be a great platform for getting started with blogging. They are easy to set up, and you can customize the look and feel to fit your brand. Additionally, you can monetize your blogspot blog with ads, affiliate marketing, and sponsorships.

If your primary aim is to make money, you need a custom domain, if you want a site just to have fun and publish work, there is absolutely no necessary to buy a domain name. It is really difficult to get traffic to your free domain, including blogspot.

Blogspot, also known as Blogger, is a free blog-publishing platform that is owned by Google. While it is still a popular option for many users, there are a few factors to consider before deciding if it is worth using for your blog.
One of the biggest advantages of using Blogspot is that it is free and easy to use, making it a great option for beginners. Additionally, it is integrated with Google's other products and services, such as Google Analytics and AdSense, which can be useful for monetizing your blog.
However, there are some downsides to using Blogspot. One of the main drawbacks is that you do not have full control over the design and functionality of your blog, as you are limited to the templates and features provided by the platform. Additionally, Blogspot blogs may not be as customizable as other platforms, such as WordPress.
In summary, Blogspot can be a good option for beginners who want a free and easy-to-use platform, but it may not be the best option for more advanced users or those who want more control over the design and functionality of their blog.

I still have a few blogs using blogspot these days, but I rarely use the platform anymore for my blogs. I haven't updated said blogs in years and I've since just let them sit and die over the years.

Anyway, is it even worth using blogspot anymore to run blogs? I liked it in the past, but the way Google changed it, I didn't like it, and in turn I moved on from using it.

Even today, BlogSpot blogs can be a fantastic method to begin blogging and publish your material online. They come with a variety of features, including themes and widgets that can be customized, are free, and they are reasonably simple to use. Also, BlogSpot blogs are simple for search engines to index, which might assist you in growing your blog's popularity.

I have not made use of it before but I think it is worth it. Blogspot has good reviews and it will be very hard for you to read a bad review of it so I think it is worth it.

Technically Speaking you can use adsense and amazon affliate ads and make money from blogspot, however, it is really difficult to earn. First of all people do not trust free domains andsecondly, ranking with subdomains will be really difficult.

using blogspot this days is definitely worth it, as they have amazing featurs that can help your site rank higher and also it loads very fast, but you can invest and get a .com extension

It's difficult and not worth it, so why do some people still advise newbies to start with it? Someone I know of had a difficult time moving his content to a new domain and hosting because he couldn't monetize with free blog.
Technically Speaking you can use adsense and amazon affliate ads and make money from blogspot, however, it is really difficult to earn. First of all people do not trust free domains andsecondly, ranking with subdomains will be really difficult.

It's difficult and not worth it, so why do some people still advise newbies to start with it? Someone I know of had a difficult time moving his content to a new domain and hosting because he couldn't monetize with free blog.
Actually, you can easily move free blog to any platform you want. If you are blogging with blogspot, you can move it to wordpress, if you are blogging on free wordpress, you can easily convert to a paid site.
Actually, you can easily move free blog to any platform you want. If you are blogging with blogspot, you can move it to wordpress, if you are blogging on free wordpress, you can easily convert to a paid site.

it is difficult that is true but i believe it is worth it and you should try it if you have the resources to do it, by resources i mean the knowledge on how to properly go about it.

Blogspot may not be the best choice for serious bloggers or businesses. Having a custom domain and more control over your website through a self-hosted platform like WordPress can improve your brand image, SEO, and flexibility.

There are still some bloggers who use Blogspot, but it has become less popular in recent years as other platforms such as WordPress have gained more traction. However, whether or not it's worth using Blogspot for blogging ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you prefer a simple and user-friendly platform with basic features, Blogspot may be a good choice for you. However, if you need more advanced features or a greater degree of control over your blog, you may want to consider other options. It's also important to note that if you haven't updated your Blogspot blogs in years, they may not be getting much traffic or engagement.

There are still some bloggers who use Blogspot, but it has become less popular in recent years as other platforms such as WordPress have gained more traction. However, whether or not it's worth using Blogspot for blogging ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you prefer a simple and user-friendly platform with basic features, Blogspot may be a good choice for you. However, if you need more advanced features or a greater degree of control over your blog, you may want to consider other options. It's also important to note that if you haven't updated your Blogspot blogs in years, they may not be getting much traffic or engagement.
it is very true that it has become less popular these days as hosting services have become a lot cheaper compared to five years ago when it was a little bit more expensive than now.

it is very true that it has become less popular these days as hosting services have become a lot cheaper compared to five years ago when it was a little bit more expensive than now.
It could be for the trial purpose this means you are trying a service as simple as that but for a professional career this is something not appreciable at all because this is not a good for professional sites to use free blogspot provider.

It could be for the trial purpose this means you are trying a service as simple as that but for a professional career this is something not appreciable at all because this is not a good for professional sites to use free blogspot provider.
there is a way you can host your website on blogspot without people knowing that you are using blogspot hosting and that is by buying a domain name and connecting it to blogspot.

While moving from one platform to another can sometimes involve a few technical steps, it is definitely possible to move a blog from a free platform to a paid one or from one platform to another.
Even today, BlogSpot blogs can be a fantastic method to begin blogging and publish your material online. They come with a variety of features, including themes and widgets that can be customized, are free, and they are reasonably simple to use. Also, BlogSpot blogs are simple for search engines to index, which might assist you in growing your blog's popularity.
On top of that BlogSpot is a free platform, which makes it a popular choice for new bloggers who want to get started without investing in a paid hosting service.

If you are using free version of website builders, you can easily move into a paid version with your domain. You can convert your free wordporess site to paid wordpress site, same is the case withg blogspot. You can even use custom domain with your blogspot blog/

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back