What's new

Is it worth it to have a private pension and a public one?

vest1992

While I have been working since I came home I have been paying or the public pension and I was wondering if its worth it to have both public and private pensions.
Is it taking a risk getting a second pension plan?

Well, it I worth if you can earn it. Pension are usually paid after a long service year of work with your employer. If you are able to do two shifts of work or if you both private and government job then you will be entitled to having two pensions at the end of your service year.

Yes, of course it is worth it. In my country, if you retire in public and private companies, you would have 2 pensions (social and state insurance) and a good economic settlement in private companies that you can invest in a business or whatever you want. Many people enjoy working at both companies in the long run.

Yes is good to have a public pension than a private pension, private pension is not reliable and not too good. Public pension is the best and reliable. You can give it a try.

While I have been working since I came home I have been paying or the public pension and I was wondering if its worth it to have both public and private pensions.
The private pension that is received is up to a limited number of people that we get as hard work, so I want to say that the public money isAnd there's no risk in what a private pension

This sounds good and interesting.
Do you mean that you can get pension from private and public companies?
I thought private does not give pensions but now have got an enlightenment on this.
At first i even thought that it is illegal
I think I did not explain well or you did not understand, when I say 2 pensions, in my country there is the Social Security pension and the government pension. Private companies only give settlement, which is payment for years of service, and it is very substantial. So much so that you can invest in a business.

Hmm, I don't know how that works, I have seen people who engage in different part time jobs. Working part time in different work sector in their career. Maybe after their service years they might receive double pension salaries. Both in their private and public working place.

Yes is my answer to have a double pension - one from the government's standard pension and another private pension. However, we cannot trust the insurance companies here with a private pension plan. There were several insurance companies that has educational fund, pension plan and also health and medical insurance. The only pension I have is from the government which is paltry although for me it is okay.

For me, l think it is worth it to be receiving pension pay from both government and private sector. But however, in my country, it is always difficult to receive a pension pay from private sector and most workers working under the private sector don't get pension pay.

Yes, of course it is worth it. In my country, if you retire in public and private companies, you would have 2 pensions (social and state insurance) and a good economic settlement in private companies that you can invest in a business or whatever you want. Many people enjoy working at both companies in the long run.
In my country only public sectors give pension. It is very benificial. You can live without job.i fully agree with you. On retirement you get a huge bonus from government and pension every month. You can invest it in a business.

Having a retirement plan that is different from your pension fund is very good, it must be with pension fund administrator you can actually open a savings account and be transferring part of your salary to the account as your retirement fallback plan. Also some pension fund administrators encourages workers to try to save more by making additional payments which is different from the compulsory pension contribution, into their pension fund so as to have more money in their pension fund account, and I think that's a good option.

If there is no law that is against having more than one pension, I will advise you to go for it because the way the government system is in my country is not encouraging,so if the government didn't work out on time then there will be a substitute even if it is small.

if you are able to afford them both, then why not, you won't be losing anything because you'll get instead of a normal pension, a doubled one and secure your after job life and live it more satisfied

According to my own point of view, I will say yes, it worth it, but it all depends on your monthly payment, if you are receiving a huge amount of money every month you can get a private and public pension, it may help you in future and it can also serve as investment for the future, you don't have to worry about investing any more

I understand that if you retired from the public sector you have a public pension and when you retire from a private sector you have a private pension, but I am not sure you can have both a private and public pension scheme the same time. However both of the are very important because they assist the retiree after retirement.

Its really good to have both, but what makes the two differ is that, private does not offer their employee pension but they do pay their worker a higher salary. but public do offer a pension, honestly it's good to have the two.

I don't really understand what you guys are saying. How is it possible to be collecting pension from two sources? Were you working for the two sectors at the same time? Anyway, I may have lost the theme of the topic and I won't mind if being put right.

The pension you are to choose will depend on the sector you are working on. If you are working with the government, automatically your pension will be with the public sector because the government will be removing the money from your salary and you get it after retirement but if it's private company you open a private pension account for yourself

Okay this is the first time i heard about having both private and government pension i didn't know that wss possible because i haven't seen or know anyone that has both. But if that's possible then it is surely worth it you get to collect double pension monthly. By having two maybe having other sources of income is not necessary anymore you can already survive with that.

Here's the definition of a private pension. A private pension is a plan into which individuals contribute from their earnings, which then will pay them a private pension after retirement. It is an alternative to the state pension. Usually individuals invest funds into saving schemes or mutual funds, run by insurance companies. Often private pensions are also run by the employer and are called occupational pensions. The contributions into private pension schemes are usually tax-deductible. This is similar to the regular pension.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back