What's new

Is it smart to accept someone’s follow request in instagram if you just met?

Castelione

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 17, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Whenever I travel, I love talking and meeting other people and usually, they ask for my insta profile. However, I post there a lot compared to other social media I have.

So, do you think it’s worth to accept follow requests of people I just met?

I would advise you to accept the requests only if you feel it is okay to do so. You always have the option to unfollow them if you find anything amiss.

I would advise you to accept the requests only if you feel it is okay to do so. You always have the option to unfollow them if you find anything amiss.
Fair point. I usually end up removing them from my followers list, to be honest. But I usually feel like they have already seen my profile so it won’t make much of a difference.

Well i believe one of the reasons why you joined social media in the first place was to make new friends, the best way for you to do this is by accepting the friend request of does you know and even the ones you do not know as well.

Most people on Instagram are business oriented people. You find celebrities in entertainment, politics, business, models etc. Those who don't have anything tangible to offers do not find their time in Instagram. So if you have any follow requests, you have to first check if it were in your niche and stand to benefit from it before you accept.

I accept everyone requests if I do that some peaple don't and only accepts some part of peaple if you're account is very important to you you can accept peaple that you know very well

The answer depends on a lot of factors. First, ask yourself what are you using Instagram for. If your motive is to connect with people you know from real life watch their content and share your content with these people, you shouldn't accept everyone's request. However, if you plan on building your followers and start social commerce or become an influencer, you can go ahead with everyone's request

Personally, I don't have any problem with someone following me on Instagram because it's just the same thing as someone following you on Twitter, it's so they will just be seeing whatever you are posting. You only shouldn't accept their request to send you direct messages.

It's really up to you and whether you want to accept a request. You can accept, see what they say and then block as a last resort. There will always be nefarious people out there trying to mess with you, and some may be scammers. If you don't know them, and they don't look familiar, you're free to outright ignore them, or even block them if you're worried.

I don't add people unless I know who they are or where they came from. I will not accept follow or friend requests from people I don't know. Now if it's a business account or an influencer, I would have followers open.

It's really up to you and whether you want to accept a request. You can accept, see what they say and then block as a last resort. There will always be nefarious people out there trying to mess with you, and some may be scammers. If you don't know them, and they don't look familiar, you're free to outright ignore them, or even block them if you're worried.

I don't add people unless I know who they are or where they came from. I will not accept follow or friend requests from people I don't know. Now if it's a business account or an influencer, I would have followers open.

There are some social media platforms which I keep my circle tight in terms of those that I accept their friendship because some people are always going to have intentions which they want to become your friends on social media and if you're not careful, some of their intentions are not going to be something that is going to be beneficial for you. So you just have to be careful with how you deal with people online.

Whenever I travel, I love talking and meeting other people and usually, they ask for my insta profile. However, I post there a lot compared to other social media I have.

So, do you think it’s worth to accept follow requests of people I just met?
They won't do you any harmful thing for only accepting their follow. Business accounts on Instagram thrive with getting so many followers because they will have a customer in one of their followers.

Don't engage any new follow who sends a DM request and want to start selling something to you. The user is a scammer.

You is nice to make friends with people anywhere you go, so giving people your Instagram account is ok. And if you see that you are not comfortable with the people again you can unfollow the person

You is nice to make friends with people anywhere you go, so giving people your Instagram account is ok. And if you see that you are not comfortable with the people again you can unfollow the person

For me, it's not difficult to use the block button whenever a social media user is being a pain for me. I will block the person without looking back. I don't have to just unfollow the person and allow him or her to still be seeing my posts. I will send the person to my block industry.

For me there are nothing absolutely wrong with accepting request from people. But I would actually remove them if I suspect they are out to scam or use me for their own advantage..

You can unfollow the person or go extreme by blocking them. I don't tolerate any nonsense online, whenever I've given an online friend an opportunity to relate and they misuse it, they are going to my block list.

I had a fallout with someone in our Manchester United WhatsApp Group yesterday. He broke the group's rules and regulations (TOC), and I ended up removing him. I had to block him on WhatsApp to avoid coming to my DM to say trash and he went straight to my Instagram because my account is linked to my WhatsApp details. He dumped a lot of abuse on my Instagram DM. I just saw it and never accepted his request to follow and blocked him immediately.

The answer depends on a lot of factors. First, ask yourself what are you using Instagram for. If your motive is to connect with people you know from real life watch their content and share your content with these people, you shouldn't accept everyone's request. However, if you plan on building your followers and start social commerce or become an influencer, you can go ahead with everyone's request
I prefer to use Instagram to connect with people I know in person. Perhaps it's a good idea to create a new one that I can use to build followers and benefit from that, instead of hesitating whether to accept a follower or not.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back