What's new

Is it safe to say marketing through Twitter is a bad idea right now?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
With the issues going on with the Twitter purchase by Elon, it made me wonder if it was even worth marketing through twitter anymore. If everyone eventually needs a check mark to see everything, what is the point? If we can't market to people, it will just be a waste of time.

I imagine ads will be targeted to the people who actually pay as well, unless they take the ad plan off of people who pay for the verification badge. But then we wont have anyone to advertise to. I think in that case, you'd just get spammers and bots posting. And your marketing wont serve any purpose there.

Right now twitter has been developing so many features and you can really predict which will be there right one for you. Elon Musk is posting new updates everyday. Maybe you just have to wait for some times for your marketing

i have never seen twitter as a marketing platform, i believe the platform is very toxic and it can be counter productive to your achievement as a business, just keep using instagram and facebook for marketing.

With the issues going on with the Twitter purchase by Elon, it made me wonder if it was even worth marketing through twitter anymore. If everyone eventually needs a check mark to see everything, what is the point? If we can't market to people, it will just be a waste of time.

I imagine ads will be targeted to the people who actually pay as well, unless they take the ad plan off of people who pay for the verification badge. But then we wont have anyone to advertise to. I think in that case, you'd just get spammers and bots posting. And your marketing wont serve any purpose there.
I think Twitter is not the only or best platform for marketing. There are other more popular and successful social media platforms as well, like Facebook, Instagram, and even Tiktok, which is quite popular now for marketing purposes. You can use them without any inconvenience.

I think Twitter is not the only or best platform for marketing. There are other more popular and successful social media platforms as well, like Facebook, Instagram, and even Tiktok, which is quite popular now for marketing purposes. You can use them without any inconvenience.
twitter is best for activism and social rancor or political debate or a place to laugh out your sorrow or get depress as well, but i do not see it as where any business will thrive, the level of negativity on that platform is something else.

Using Twitter as a marketing tool will not go smoothly, let me not lie to you. It is quite challenging given the nature of that platform so it would be more beneficial to promote merchandise and services on sites like Instagram and Facebook

Using Twitter as a marketing tool will not go smoothly, let me not lie to you. It is quite challenging given the nature of that platform so it would be more beneficial to promote merchandise and services on sites like Instagram and Facebook
Exactly my same thought, the platform is currently not built for marketing as it is very toxic and if you do not put yourself together it might do more damage to your business than good.

Why would anyone say Twitter marketing is bad? Twitter is one of my primary traffic sources. However, Twitter marketing will work only when you have a lot of followers and you share content that matches with your audience's interest.

Why would anyone say Twitter marketing is bad? Twitter is one of my primary traffic sources. However, Twitter marketing will work only when you have a lot of followers and you share content that matches with your audience's interest.
I also don't see anything bad in advertising via Twitter. Infact, twitter is one of the best place to advertise or promote business product because the platform has many users.

One of the major issues with Twitter is there are more bots than on any social media platform. One of the main reasons why Elon Musk was holding back with the Twitter deal was because of this issue.

If you can learn how to run adverts through Facebook, it would serve you better because Facebook has features that supports businesses in real time unlike Twitter that is a micro blogging site nd not for marketplace.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back