What's new

Is it right to classify forex trading as gambling.

Kayzzy3

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 17, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I'm not a fan of gambling, no offense meant to those who do it, but I don't like how I feel whenever I loose a bet as at the time I tried it, hence I stopped it outrightly.
I have heard people compare forex trading to gambling because traders loos money in the process too when they predict the wrong movements.
In your opinion, is it right to classify forex trading as gambling??

There's no direct answer to your question. Forex trading can be a gamble if approach with a gamblers mindset. But on the other hand its business if ventured into with the right techniques.
Post automatically merged:

There's no direct answer to your question. Forex trading can be a gamble if approach with a gamblers mindset. But on the other hand its business if ventured into with the right techniques.

It is not right to classify forex trading as a gambling platform because firstly we all know forex is legal and asides from being legal it has its terms and policies that must be met by those planning or willing to start businesses with them. These terms and policies also informs them about the risks in the business

Don't ever take forex trading as a gamble because they are people whonpredict the market accurately
So all I can say is that forex trading seems to be a gamble to those who see it as a gamble but to the professionals it is not
That is why it is advise to take your time and learn forex before going into it

Don't ever take forex trading as a gamble because they are people whonpredict the market accurately
So all I can say is that forex trading seems to be a gamble to those who see it as a gamble but to the professionals it is not
That is why it is advise to take your time and learn forex before going into it

It tends to be if you have no train!! Forex trading should and can be connected to making a splendid theory, putting aside the occasion to take in a structure or procedure, practice and test it.

You can make a few bucks out of trading if you deal with it like a business. There are thousand frameworks out there that have been pursued for a significant timeframe and can convey a lot of money after some time if you take after the principles and never let your emotions get on the way. A dazzling and exhibited framework would be Harmonic models, which are mathematical models that go over and over on any worth chart. Look google for it and you will be shocked by the proportion of free resources for take in this strategy.

Forex trading isn't gamble and it can never be classified as gamble. There’re experts in the field that studies the market and do very well in it though they can’t be 100 percent right always. It’s ought to be studied not to be predicted

Forex can be an investment and same time be a gamble. When the probability of getting good return on your investment is is 50% then it can be a gamble in the investors path making bad investment. But investors trading forex do make calculated and carefully made decisions because of the huge amount of money involve.

Forex is a trade in gambling garment. The same logic that is applicable to gambling also applies to forex. The only difference between the two is that while gambling is a game of luck, forex involves calculations and studying of trends. My opinion though.

Forex can be an investment and same time be a gamble. When the probability of getting good return on your investment is is 50% then it can be a gamble in the investors path making bad investment. But investors trading forex do make calculated and carefully made decisions because of the huge amount of money involve.
I agree with your point. Due to its high-risk factor, it can be termed gambling. However, since it is a legit method to make money, you can also call it an investment. Actually, all kinds of investment are some sort of gambling you invest in the hope to make money but you can lose just like in gambling when you bet to win but lose your money.

No, in the sense that in gambling the odds are slightly against you or even, while good Forex traders know how to trade when the odds are on their side. Yes, in the sense that any single trade might end in a loss.

While gambling would be a very crude term to use, I would believe that in essence yes, it can be considered like gambling. Simply because the value can go up or down either way, without us really controlling it. So while it would have characteristics similar to gambling, to openly give it a label would not be entirely correct.

I feel that the word 'gambling' belittles the hard work committed and focused traders put into forex trading. Some have taken it as their only vocation and in a way sustaining it which may be quite impossible where gambling is concerned.

Like stock trading forex trading is an investment. That's what they want to call it. But in essence it is a gambling of some sort because there is the risk of losing aside from the chance of gaining. For me, anything that entails gaining and losing is a gamble. As they say even love is always a gamble but that's another story. With foreign exchange my rule is the safety measure of dealing with stable commodities just like what you should do when trading of stocks.

Yes, it is right to equate forex trading as a gaming due to the high Volatility that comes with both scheme. Gambling isn't a business or an investment in the first place but due to greed or lack of employment, majority of youths in the society now see it as a means for sustenance which shouldn't be so. We need to learn how to control our greed as humans.

Classifying forex trading as a gamble will be a disservice to those very knowledgeable forex traders who makes use of strategies and alot of brainstorming to trade.
Forex trading can only be classified as a gamble to those that are not knowledgeable about it, those that don't know the methods or strategies to use to trade, or know how to study signals and charts, to this group of people, forex trading is definitely a gamble as they just predict with their intuition.

In my opinion they're the same.we have knowledgable people i.e statisticians who can predict the forex market.we also have statisticians who can also predict a football betting game..And they're both legal businesses,what's there not to compare?..they're both very risky..you control the amount you put in either forex or betting...so what's there not to compare?ofcause there are differences but there are also loads of similarities..

Forex trading, in fact trading in general is similar to gambling
But its chances of making gains is higher than that of gambling. If you're an expert in forex trading, that knows when the arrows are about reaching the profit end. Knows when the time is set to buy and sell in the forex chart. That will give the trader an extra advantage to make more successful trading than losses. Unlike the gambler, the bookmakers have 95% chance to make profit during betting but the bettor got just 5% chance of winning bets.

Forex trading is not gambling but it has alot of similarities to gambling but there have alot of differences.for instance If you're an expert in forex trading, that knows when the arrows are about reaching the profit end. Knows when the time is set to buy and sell in the forex chart. That will give the trader an extra advantage to make more successful trading than losses. Unlike the gambler, the bookmakers have 95% chance to make profit during betting but the bettor got just 5% chance of winning bets.

Forex trading is not gambling but it has alot of similarities to gambling but there have alot of differences.for instance If you're an expert in forex trading, that knows when the arrows are about reaching the profit end. Knows when the time is set to buy and sell in the forex chart. That will give the trader an extra advantage to make more successful trading than losses. Unlike the gambler, the bookmakers have 95% chance to make profit during betting but the bettor got just 5% chance of winning bets.

Last edited:
Forex trading is considered by many to be nothing more than gambling. After all whenever you take a position in a particular currency pair, you are essentially betting on the price to either go up or down by taking a long or short position.However many large financial institutions around the world, and indeed individual traders, make consistent profits from trading forex markets, so you can be pretty sure that they're not gambling away huge amounts of money every day at random.

Forex trading is not gambling, it is a business. But when someone with no skills nor knowledge ventures into forex looking to make quick money...then forex becomes mere gambling.
But with adequate knowledge and good strategy, forex can be a business.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back