What's new

Is it profitable to sell products through catalogs?

The sale of products through catalogs is an old business, such as Avon, L'Bel or Stanhome. I have a cousin with a home products business and she is planning to promote and sell through catalogs. In which she must hire employees who will earn a percentage of sales, therefore they will be in charge of promoting and selling.
Is it convenient to get involved and invest with her?
There is nothing wrong with the method of sales your cousin wants to adopt in her products,i think it is her own strategy on her she think the client would be served more.The use of catalogs is still in vouge as a sales method.

Yes it's a very good business venture and it can be profitable, most especially if you have a lot of potential buyers around you. Like family, friends and even co-workers. People that trust you enough to patronize the product you're advertising.
The main idea is that the people who are going to sponsor the product should be trustworthy, although in the end it is that person who is responsible to the customers and not the company. The sellers receive the money from the client and the company, upon receiving the amount, delivers the product and the seller's profit.
There is nothing wrong with the method of sales your cousin wants to adopt in her products,i think it is her own strategy on her she think the client would be served more.The use of catalogs is still in vouge as a sales method.
It is a good strategy to promote the product, it is also beneficial for the customer, since the seller takes the offer to the comfort of his home, goes and collects the amount and delivers the product. As long as the product is of high quality, the customer will be satisfied.

If you are good in marketing and selling, then you should go ahead and invest in a product.but if such things inconveniences you, don't do it.
This type of business can only be done with the trusted people and in a country that is well organised that people will not run away with your products, since most of them are not likely to pay all at a time.

I really don't have any idea about this kind of business. I will much appreciate if you can throw more light to the business and how it can be started. The niche it belongs to and all that

Some are still doing cataloging market this days, but social media marketing where you write product description have overtaking catalogue type of marketing.
It is true, internet marketing has surpassed catalogs, however this type of sales are still common in my country and in some others, so it is certainly possible to publicize the business, and get sales through it.
I really don't have any idea about this kind of business. I will much appreciate if you can throw more light to the business and how it can be started. The niche it belongs to and all that
Selling through catalogs, is that you have a business and you use photographs to show all the products to offer. A person is hired to offer these products and this person will earn a percentage according to the sales

Well for your explanation about how it works and how money can be earned I think it's a great idea too that could still work nowadays provided the right buyers are targeted but definitely a good one

If you are selling of products like fashion products and clothes then it will be a good idea to sell them in catalogues to give your customers a wide variety of options.

Well for your explanation about how it works and how money can be earned I think it's a great idea too that could still work nowadays provided the right buyers are targeted but definitely a good one
It is right and of utmost importance to offer such products to the right customers, otherwise it is a waste of time and investment in the creation of catalogs.
If you are selling of products like fashion products and clothes then it will be a good idea to sell them in catalogues to give your customers a wide variety of options.
It is one of the ways that catalog sales still exist. Many fashion companies sell their products through catalogs with excellent results.

I believe that catalogs are important for business. This is because catalogs give a great overview of the products or meterial you are offering. Catalogs provide a glossary of the products and also show how the products function. It offers product description and details.

I believe that catalogs are important for business. This is because catalogs give a great overview of the products or meterial you are offering. Catalogs provide a glossary of the products and also show how the products function. It offers product description and details.
That's right, the catalogs have all the information you describe about the products to be offered and their availability. It is the purpose of this and in turn bring the product to the customer without waiting for the customer to come to the company.

Yesterday I saw our housemaid holding the catalog of Avon products. The seller is a neighbor and the customers are the residents in our neighborhood. The seller is earning good money because it is very convenient to order a lotion or soap maybe that will be delivered within 2 days and the payment to follow on payday.

The sale of products through catalogs is an old business, such as Avon, L'Bel or Stanhome. I have a cousin with a home products business and she is planning to promote and sell through catalogs. In which she must hire employees who will earn a percentage of sales, therefore they will be in charge of promoting and selling.
Is it convenient to get involved and invest with her?
I think is not a bad idea, life is not as difficult as it use to be before , there are means of getting things done without stress, I think getting employees to promote the business is OK.

Yesterday I saw our housemaid holding the catalog of Avon products. The seller is a neighbor and the customers are the residents in our neighborhood. The seller is earning good money because it is very convenient to order a lotion or soap maybe that will be delivered within 2 days and the payment to follow on payday.
Good thing Avon is around the world. The sellers earn a percentage of the cost of each product, and is the intermediary between the customer and the company, when there is confidence many times the product is delivered and in turn the payment is received, or every 15 days a payment of the total amount is made.
I think is not a bad idea, life is not as difficult as it use to be before , there are means of getting things done without stress, I think getting employees to promote the business is OK.
I also think it's a good idea, mostly for the customer's convenience, but also because the company can have any location and if the products are ordered, the seller is in charge of the delivery.
@Sariana23 what you said is happening in my locality their are people who are simply involved in such kind of marketing using the catalogue process in my country. It is still profitable for them dragging sales with it.
It is true, although there are people or countries that do not use it, it still exists in others and in turn it is profitable to use the catalog.

This kind of business works quite well in my area (there are enough Avon promoters, selling through catalogs) because is not industrialized. Here people still live the way my parents lived in the fifties, apart of keeping a TV in their homes and mobiles. Cause of these reasons, selling through catalogs it's still a discreet job, as few people directly buy online while enough people find more simple to buy using a catalog presented by a promoter.

This kind of business works quite well in my area (there are enough Avon promoters, selling through catalogs) because is not industrialized. Here people still live the way my parents lived in the fifties, apart of keeping a TV in their homes and mobiles. Cause of these reasons, selling through catalogs it's still a discreet job, as few people directly buy online while enough people find more simple to buy using a catalog presented by a promoter.
Excellent, I love this as it is very possible to achieve business goals through catalog sales. Of course the products must be of quality and at a good price. The last catalog I saw is for home appliances, but in my country there are different promotions in this way.

That's right, the catalogs have all the information you describe about the products to be offered and their availability. It is the purpose of this and in turn bring the product to the customer without waiting for the customer to come to the company.

Catalog is just like a guide for the traders and customers of the product that are offered by the manufacturer. It makes it easier to understand how the product functions and this is why I think it would be a great idea to create a complete product catalog. Not all the businesses require catalogs.

Catalog is just like a guide for the traders and customers of the product that are offered by the manufacturer. It makes it easier to understand how the product functions and this is why I think it would be a great idea to create a complete product catalog. Not all the businesses require catalogs.
Excellent publication, this is how the sale of products by catalog works, since all the description is reflected including prices. Something I like is the ability to show it to the customer, without the need for the customer to come to the store.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back