What's new

Is it profitable to sell products through catalogs?

Sariana23

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 1, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The sale of products through catalogs is an old business, such as Avon, L'Bel or Stanhome. I have a cousin with a home products business and she is planning to promote and sell through catalogs. In which she must hire employees who will earn a percentage of sales, therefore they will be in charge of promoting and selling.
Is it convenient to get involved and invest with her?

I never heard about such kind method of business marketing before. Its quite like affiliate type of business awareness. Can you expatiate more about how it works??

I never heard about such kind method of business marketing before. Its quite like affiliate type of business awareness. Can you expatiate more about how it works??
The catalogs are brochures where the images of the products appear with their prices. Sellers have these brochures and give them to their acquaintances, friends and relatives. If someone is interested in the product, he/she pays for half of the product and the other half of the cost is delivered on an agreed date. The seller earns an attractive commission for the sales.

The catalogs are brochures where the images of the products appear with their prices. Sellers have these brochures and give them to their acquaintances, friends and relatives. If someone is interested in the product, he/she pays for half of the product and the other half of the cost is delivered on an agreed date. The seller earns an attractive commission for the sales.
Now i got your points ,about such kind of marketing strategy. That's a good way to market our products and gain commission as an affiliate marketer.

Now i got your points ,about such kind of marketing strategy. That's a good way to market our products and gain commission as an affiliate marketer.
You understood perfectly, now what is your opinion regarding its profitability. Do you think it is feasible to apply this type of strategy in household products and acquire good profits? In my country they use it in personal products (creams, perfumes, etc), clothes, shoes, etc.

You understood perfectly, now what is your opinion regarding its profitability. Do you think it is feasible to apply this type of strategy in household products and acquire good profits? In my country they use it in personal products (creams, perfumes, etc), clothes, shoes, etc.
I think its feasible, one can practically handle such task, customize those products to look authentic so it markets Admirably well in the eyes of customers via social medias and any other promotional platforms.

I think its feasible, one can practically handle such task, customize those products to look authentic so it markets Admirably well in the eyes of customers via social medias and any other promotional platforms.
Perfect , I was looking for another opinion on this for my cousin to move forward and give her my support. I firmly believe that it will be a positive outcome and is an option for the pandemic situation we are living in.

Yes, I think it is quite profitable to sell products through catalogs but you will need a to first find out if you have enough friends, family, neighbors that would actually buy the products you are trying to sell. For example my aunt leaves in a village. Usually in villages, everyone knows everyone so it was very easy for her to start selling products through catalogs because there were a lot of potential clients. Maybe you live in an apartment, or at a house so if you are familiar with the area and know your neighbors you could start asking them if they would be interested in buying some of those products. You could also ask your friends and family if they would be interested. This way you can make an idea if you would have enough clients to know if it's profitable enough for you

Yes, I think it is quite profitable to sell products through catalogs but you will need a to first find out if you have enough friends, family, neighbors that would actually buy the products you are trying to sell. For example my aunt leaves in a village. Usually in villages, everyone knows everyone so it was very easy for her to start selling products through catalogs because there were a lot of potential clients. Maybe you live in an apartment, or at a house so if you are familiar with the area and know your neighbors you could start asking them if they would be interested in buying some of those products. You could also ask your friends and family if they would be interested. This way you can make an idea if you would have enough clients to know if it's profitable enough for you
Exactly the idea is to offer the products to those closest to you and to promote possible sellers who want to earn a percentage of sales and who also offer them to their acquaintances. In this way we can gradually increase catalog sales. Take the products to the customers and not wait for them to come to the store.

Using catalogue is one of the way of marketing your product and services. There is nothing bad in advertising your business in a catalogue. It is also a way of spreading word about your business.

Using catalogue is one of the way of marketing your product and services. There is nothing bad in advertising your business in a catalogue. It is also a way of spreading word about your business.
Totally, and in the case that the client cannot go to the business, you can offer them the products of the business through a salesperson. Generally this gives excellent results and benefits, both for the seller, the buyer and the company.

I'm beginning to feel that this method of buying and selling is old and worn out already. Are there no better options are there no better options to selling these products other than this means?

I'm beginning to feel that this method of buying and selling is old and worn out already. Are there no better options are there no better options to selling these products other than this means?
Of course there must be better options, and everyone will use the one that suits them best. However, I highlighted the subject because it is a good way of marketing, this is from my point of view. Besides that you can cancel on credit in some cases. What options would you recommend @Elegante001?

The sale of products through catalogs is an old business, such as Avon, L'Bel or Stanhome. I have a cousin with a home products business and she is planning to promote and sell through catalogs. In which she must hire employees who will earn a percentage of sales, therefore they will be in charge of promoting and selling.
Is it convenient to get involved and invest with her?
This kind of business in Africa, I don't think it as ever come to pass, the sale of product through catalogs!!! But if you are willing to invest in her since she's related to you. You should...

This kind of business in Africa, I don't think it as ever come to pass, the sale of product through catalogs!!! But if you are willing to invest in her since she's related to you. You should...
Yes, in my country it was popular for a long time, and nowadays some of them are still in use. This is the reason why I thought about the possibility and I think it will give good results.

Yes, in my country it was popular for a long time, and nowadays some of them are still in use. This is the reason why I thought about the possibility and I think it will give good results.
As long this catalog still exist in your country and they are still functioning, then that should encourage you in investing in her...

Well, I think this is a good business idea, this could push her business and increase her sales revenue up. I think it could be a good option although I'm not sure about the rate of marketing.

As long this catalog still exist in your country and they are still functioning, then that should encourage you in investing in her...
Yes, my cousin has already started the process of creating the catalog, she will soon launch it to the market and we will expect positive results. We are sure that everything will go well, since the products are of high quality and at a good price

Yes it's a very good business venture and it can be profitable, most especially if you have a lot of potential buyers around you. Like family, friends and even co-workers. People that trust you enough to patronize the product you're advertising.

Whatever time you decide to work with anyone you must make sure that it is someone you can trust or precisely someone you have worked with before.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back