Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
This may be an odd question, but is it possible to rent out a domain? I know some people can buy a domain for years, but can they buy it every month or year? I'm just curious, as I think it'd be cool to rent out domains, of course, depending on the domain.

Do you think something like this would be possible?

If you are good in getting good domain names, then it would be possible to rent them out, which would be a very demanding task. It's better to sell the domain names.

Selling is better than renting. If your domain name is good and very catchy. People will be willing to pay for it which will pay you in the long run than renting it out maybe monthly or yearly as you suggested.

While I think the question really sounds odd indeed, I have not come across were renting a domain was ever talked about or discussed. I don't think renting a domain as a practice exist

Interesting question. I mean, you can't buy a domain anyway, you can only rent it because once you don't renew it then it goes back into circulation but I think what you're getting at is controlling a domain but letting people pay to direct it to their website?

I mean you could do that, but I think it would have a lot of implications in terms of security, authenticity and also would probably be a manual task to constantly update the DNS of it all the time.

I don't think you can currently buy domains for months at a time. I've only ever seen the option for 1 to 10 years.

I think you can rent it, but I prefer selling it instead of renting it out, selling will be much better than renting because you will make more money in selling than renting.

This may be an odd question, but is it possible to rent out a domain? I know some people can buy a domain for years, but can they buy it every month or year? I'm just curious, as I think it'd be cool to rent out domains, of course, depending on the domain.

A domain name is linked to hosting site so sometimes it will be a hard task to transfer domain name without hosting especially if your domain name is known for providing such services like email marketing or advertise your social media links so transfer domain name with hosting to a buyer could be the best trick for a such sum of money dealed with buyer.

You can meet those who flip domains and discuss privately with you. You can reach consensus with him or her, he may decide to rent it for you within certain duration of time.

A domain cannot be rent out, is either you use it or you sell it. I don't see a reason why someone will be interesting in renting a domain name for temporary use. If you have an old or unused domain name. You can sell it to someone

Maybe you can rent a domain name from persons who are into domain flipping. Instead of buying the domain they he holds it would be okay to just rent it so he can earn money from his domain. However, I am still averse when it comes to buying domains so renting a domain does not make sense to me. How about you, would you care to build a website using a rented domain name?

I have personally not heard of anything like renting of domains. There are a lot of people selling domains of which I personally know one but I haven't heard of renting.

Well anything is possible. It depends on the owner of the domains is he or she willing to rent it out? If yes then there would always be people willing to rent for just the right amount.

Is that even possible? Renting a domain fromnthe original owner, if you can get your own domain at a competitive price, why seek to rent someone else's own?

Instead of renting, buy or if you have a campaign to run and you domain is best for the campaign, pay the owner to do it for you, otherwise buy it.

I think I have made a contribution to this kind of topic before, I haven't really had anything about renting of domains before even though I know people who deal in selling of domains.

Renting a Domain is Not the Same as Leasing or Buying
Leasing a domain name operates similarly but with longer rental terms of usually a year or more. Buying a domain name can be expensive and places the liability of the name on your company, but you also own the domain name outright.

Though the question may sound odd but it's actually not a odd one. What could be responsible for a company to rent a domain is if the particular domain that is best first for the company has been registered by someone else but while consulting with the person to make a deal he/she has refused to sell it to the company. The company may decide to rent it for a certain period of time.

After some enquiry, I didn't really know if one can actually rent a domain or not. If such is the case then there should be honesty in that line of business.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back