What's new

Is it possible to rent domains?

I have been in the domain space for quite some time now and I do not think any DNS allow you to rent your domain so if you want to make such arrangements then it has to be personally with the person.

The popular thing I know about the domain business is the buying an selling of these domains. I am not too sure or conversant with the domain renting front of things reigy now. Maybe it is something possible

I don't really know what answer to give to this question, but I feel that you are renting the domain already. This is because, for instance, if one pays for a domain name for one or two years, as the case may be, then it is being rented to you for that period of time because you will not be given access after expiration until it is renewed if need be. That is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

This may be an odd question, but is it possible to rent out a domain? I know some people can buy a domain for years, but can they buy it every month or year? I'm just curious, as I think it'd be cool to rent out domains, of course, depending on the domain.

Do you think something like this would be possible?
I don't know if people still do this.
Renting a domain is kind of awkward, it is preferable to sell it at once and make your profit, than to rent out.

I don't think so, neither do I think it is a viable business plan, because how would you get the domain back, perhaps you have the account password and whatever, just seems like a lot of work.

I have never heard that it is possible to rent a domain name. And come to think of it cost about $10 to register a new domain name for your website. Another thing is that you can buy a domain name on installation payment if it is quite expensive.

I think you can rent it, but I prefer selling it instead of renting it out, selling will be much better than renting because you will make more money in selling than renting.

It's possible to rent out domain names but i feel it would be better to sell especially if you have very good domain names, alot of people will be willing to buy it.

I don't see a benefit in renting a domain if that is even possible or practical. When you register a domain, you are just using it temporarily by paying for the name. The moment you stop paying for the registration, you're just given a short grace period and when that lapses, it will be sold to interested buyers. A renter of the domain will be in a precarious situation in such cases because its status is dependent on the actions of the registered owner of the domain.

While I think the question really sounds odd indeed, I have not come across were renting a domain was ever talked about or discussed. I don't think renting a domain as a practice exist
Even if a renting domain existed, buying or subscribing to a domain would still be the best option seeing that renting would limit the domain servers and have more expenses.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back