What's new

Is it possible Facebook will die out one day?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Though Facebook hasn't suffered the same fate as MySpace and other social sites, the idea that it will be around forever is starting to feel real. I did not expect Facebook to stay around this long, and yet, it's still alive and kicking. MySpace is mostly a dead platform, but Facebook gets consistent traffic year in and year out, and continues to grow in size and popularity.

Not only that, but they own Snapchat and Instagram, which means they have a hold on the market big time.

Anyway, do you think that Facebook could one day die out? Or will it become the new homepage of the internet as I feel it already has?

I will be honest that quite a while ago I did think that Facebook wouldn't be around so many years later mainly due to the issues that were surrounding them and such and how many were saying about not using them anymore. I and many were very wrong as they are still around now and being that they do seem to be thriving now more than ever, I don't see them ever phasing out any time soon if at all in the next say 5 years. So many people have grown so used to Facebook that it has become a routine for them to jump on daily to catch up with friends and family and to just keep up with the goings on in life and the world. Will it ever phase out? Maybe one day but I think that is a long way off yet.

Facebook is constantly evolving. In was just a site for personal communication, then it evolved as a marketing platform for business then it converted to a busin ess platform where you can make money. Now, they are integrating metaverse. The platform will never die.

Though Facebook hasn't suffered the same fate as MySpace and other social sites, the idea that it will be around forever is starting to feel real. I did not expect Facebook to stay around this long, and yet, it's still alive and kicking. MySpace is mostly a dead platform, but Facebook gets consistent traffic year in and year out, and continues to grow in size and popularity.

Not only that, but they own Snapchat and Instagram, which means they have a hold on the market big time.

Anyway, do you think that Facebook could one day die out? Or will it become the new homepage of the internet as I feel it already has?
It is tough to foresee the future, but Facebook is unlikely to go away very soon. The corporation is a global powerhouse with a vast and dedicated user base. Furthermore, in order to remain relevant and competitive in the market, Facebook is always developing and releasing new features.

Well, impossibility is nothing but I don't see facebook die out anytime soon. The only that can happen to facebook is rebranding. But for it to die out, I don't see that happening for many reasons. Currently, facebook I the most popular and the most accepted social media. The number staff and people that depends on facebook are many.

if i have i learnt something in this life is to never say never, who would have thought that there would be a platform that would give yahoomail a run for there money, so anything is possible.

if i have i learnt something in this life is to never say never, who would have thought that there would be a platform that would give yahoomail a run for there money, so anything is possible.
You're very correct. In life, you can't say never. For me, personally, I do not facebook die out anytime soon, even in future. Facebook is a world on its own. I don't know what can make you to stop working.

Because we know that there is nothing last forever, it's can be sure that one day it can be no more, the owner of Facebook can decide that no to operate on Facebook again.

Facebook has a large user base and a significant amount of resources, which could help it adapt to changing trends and remain relevant. Facebook also owns other popular platforms such as Instagram and WhatsApp, which could provide a cushion against decline in the core Facebook platform.

Facebook is a massive company and it was there for many years the popularity of it has shrank a bit because of other social media platforms bur it's still the most popular social media sites so it won't go away anytime soon

No, while the growth has slowed, it is largely because most already have Facebook pages.There are still increasing users. Facebook has many more years left. It is not dying but maybe loosing alot of tractions.

Facebook is arguably the most popular social media platform today with billions of users who are actively making use of the platform. I don't see anything that is capable of making Facebook to become a thing of the past even with so many other social media platforms that we have today like Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat etc that are also equally popular.

Facebook has a large user base and a significant amount of resources, which could help it adapt to changing trends and remain relevant. Facebook also owns other popular platforms such as Instagram and WhatsApp, which could provide a cushion against decline in the core Facebook platform.

These are the advantages that they have. Facebook will find it difficult to stop existing as far as I am concerned. The number of active users meant that they will be here for many years to come without having huge problems with activities.

No, while the growth has slowed, it is largely because most already have Facebook pages.There are still increasing users. Facebook has many more years left. It is not dying but maybe loosing alot of tractions.

The social media platform has been hacked a few times in order to see if it is going to be taking down but the hackers ended up stealing a lot of data which cost Mark Zuckerberg a lot of money before he was able to recover what was stolen from hacking Facebook. I don't think anything those hackers did will be able to terminate Facebook completely.

The social media platform has been hacked a few times in order to see if it is going to be taking down but the hackers ended up stealing a lot of data which cost Mark Zuckerberg a lot of money before he was able to recover what was stolen from hacking Facebook. I don't think anything those hackers did will be able to terminate Facebook completely.

The hackers are after money and nothing more. They do so to get money from Mark Zuckerberg. So, when people think they are doing it to eliminate Facebook, I ask the question of why would they want to do so? Absolutely no need for it at all.

I totally get what you're saying! Facebook's been hanging in there for a long time, surprising many of us. With Instagram and Snapchat under its belt, it's got a strong grip on social media. But predicting the future is tricky. It might evolve or something new could come along.

The hackers are after money and nothing more. They do so to get money from Mark Zuckerberg. So, when people think they are doing it to eliminate Facebook, I ask the question of why would they want to do so? Absolutely no need for it at all.

Yeah, that's very correct. It is only if the person behind the hackers is a direct competitor that wants to eliminate Facebook for his own benefit, that is when something like that is going to be viable. But in this case of what has been happening with Facebook and hackers, it is just for money gain.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back