What's new

Is it okay to use duplicate content as long as it's yours?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you post articles on your blog, do you ever repurpose them to post later? Maybe you post the same exact article, with a different title. Is that frowned upon, or is it a good idea? It's my content, and I'm just re-posting it for people to see. Is that fine? Should I stick to using the same title or change it? Is it wrong to change the title too?

What do you think? Is it fine to use duplicate content as long as it's yours?

I have often wondered about this myself as I always read that the same thing posted across different sites can in actual fact hurt the sites more than help them, I don't know how true that is but it always got me worrying. Due to this I would always post similar things but change up the wording, and title and make it the same topic but different if that makes sense. That way it's unique each time.

if the content belongs to you, then i do not see anything wrong in re wording your own content and post it out, as the content might be very helpful that particular time you decide to post it

If it is about news section then sometimes there is update for example new technology of Iphone X or new generation of genymotion that is relative to old events. But if it is redaction or tutorial this is not something smart.

There are sites that permit the use of duplicate. However some sites that go to the extent of scanning your contents content plagiarism cheker before finally accepting the content. They
usually need fresh contents.

It all depends on the site you are working on. That is if it is allowed or not. But personally I don't see anything wrong in posting your content repeatedly.

There are sites that permit the use of duplicate. However some sites that go to the extent of scanning your contents content plagiarism cheker before finally accepting the content. They
usually need fresh contents.
with the way the world is today plagarism and content spinning is a major issue as you hardly see original contents these days as they are always spinned and are not original anymore

If you post articles on your blog, do you ever repurpose them to post later? Maybe you post the same exact article, with a different title. Is that frowned upon, or is it a good idea? It's my content, and I'm just re-posting it for people to see. Is that fine? Should I stick to using the same title or change it? Is it wrong to change the title too?

I think it is ok to use your own articles in many websites because you didn't copy it from someone else, it is your own idea and you want many people to read it so it is ok.

I think it is ok to use your own articles in many websites because you didn't copy it from someone else, it is your own idea and you want many people to read it so it is ok.
copying someone else article is very bad, as you would not like it if someone does that same thing to you as it would make you angry, so do not do it to someone else.

with the way the world is today plagarism and content spinning is a major issue as you hardly see original contents these days as they are always spinned and are not original anymore
The biblical scripture "There is nothing new under the sun" stands quite true.
All these creative things we see are mostly products of preexisting knowledgeable , they are just slight adjustments or increase.

Having duplicate content on your site is detrimental to SEO, your site will not rank if you have substantial amount of duplicate content. Therefore, if you ain to get organic traffic, you need to avoid duplicate content.

Sincerely I have been anxious about this duplicate post and article from one website to another, if actually I am the creator, but I think it is very wrong because such website would not be able to have quality contents of its own. However we need to creative and produce new.

I don't think there should be a repercussion for anyone either merging his post here or duplicating his or her post, as long as you're the one that did it, then no problem.

The biblical scripture "There is nothing new under the sun" stands quite true.
All these creative things we see are mostly products of preexisting knowledgeable , they are just slight adjustments or increase.
I concur with what you said, most things today are just a slight upgrade on things that have pre existed, and there is truly nothing new under the sun as they have existed or been around previously

I don't know I don't see a huge problem as long as it's yours as a person I wouldn't really like duplicate posts but maybe it's just me many peaple copy others articles etc and it's a huge problem

Sometimes some events in the past has update like for example you are talking about feature of laravel 9 then laravel 10 release is coming on 7 february 2023 then you create a new blog article about laravel 10, this is a simple example. Subjects in present have background in the past like any news event or anything similar to this.

It depends on the preference of the site you intend to publish the information at
If they have interest in only original work's they would definitely tell to come up with another one.

Some sites allow you to republish your content and also make money form republished content. For instance, you can republish your content on Medium and if you happen to be on the list of accepted countries, you can make money.

Personally i feel there is nothing wrong with this, after it's your content you can do with it how you feel like, but there are actually some sites that do not permit you dropping a content you might have posted on another site before.

I don't think so, the moment you post it somewhere you should not repost to another website anymore. I feel it will damage those websites as it will be ranked and copied content.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back