What's new

Is it important to evaluate performance of a Manager?

It is imperative that appraisal be done for managers of a company to be sure if the manager is carrying out his duties efficiently. Appraisal is a way of knowing the strength and weakness of others and managers should not be excluded.

Of course it's important. If people take on the job of a Manager, especially if it is for the first time, his superiors need to know whether he has the right qualities to lead a team. Some people might accept the role and then decide they don't like it so it's important for all concerned to decide whether a managerial position is suitable.

Personally, it is important to measure individual employee’s performance. Without measuring performance the management can’t make necessary developmental improvements that are needed. To achieve the aim of the business, the management must be able to make changes that will have positive effect on the business.

Do you evaluate the performance of your employees?
People think measuring individual employees performance without even looking at the fact that they need to evaluate the performance of the management, if you can evaluate the performance of the management, the employee will sit tight and be serious with their job.

Periodically review and adapt your activities to make sure they are as effective as possible. Assessment can help you identify areas for improvement and ultimately help you understand your goals more effectively.

It is imperative that appraisal be done for managers of a company to be sure if the manager is carrying out his duties efficiently. Appraisal is a way of knowing the strength and weakness of others and managers should not be excluded.
Excellent answer @Eodine , "Appraisal is a way of knowing the strength and weakness" in my offline job, they perform evaluations to all staff every 6 months. This is in order to correct our mistakes and increase our strengths, this is done from managerial positions to the lower ranks.

Excellent answer @Eodine , "Appraisal is a way of knowing the strength and weakness" in my offline job, they perform evaluations to all staff every 6 months. This is in order to correct our mistakes and increase our strengths, this is done from managerial positions to the lower ranks.
Thank you! There's a common understanding that appraisal of staffs and employees in general but this should be done in a confidential way so as not to arouse disrespect between employees or between management and staff.

Thank you! There's a common understanding that appraisal of staffs and employees in general but this should be done in a confidential way so as not to arouse disrespect between employees or between management and staff.
I have also observed that in my job, when the results are made public, it is a total madness among the staff, which creates a lot of annoyance. That has been corrected, however this attracts a lot of discomfort and discomfort among the staff of an organization or company.

I have also observed that in my job, when the results are made public, it is a total madness among the staff, which creates a lot of annoyance. That has been corrected, however this attracts a lot of discomfort and discomfort among the staff of an organization or company.
Great, you can see my point. It is very good to be discreet about company processes as this helps to protect the company image and workers reputation. Being loose would have negative psychology effect on the workers.

Yes. It is important to evaluate the performance of the manager. If you can evaluate the performance of employees, then you should be able to do that to the manager too in other know how well he or she has been managing the workers.
Yes, you are right. It's very important and imperative to be evaluating a manager performance in which to know more on how he/she capable of handling a his/her subordinate staffs and managing the company/organization. Because if manager can't perform his/her duty rightly, it will difficult for company or organization to grow or keep moving.

Great, you can see my point. It is very good to be discreet about company processes as this helps to protect the company image and workers reputation. Being loose would have negative psychology effect on the workers.
Totally negative, as I described it, it creates a very negative and resentful environment among employees who score lower. This evaluation along with the results should be totally confidential. It should even be in a record that such disclosure is not allowed.

Totally negative, as I described it, it creates a very negative and resentful environment among employees who score lower. This evaluation along with the results should be totally confidential. It should even be in a record that such disclosure is not allowed.
I think you have the physical picture of what I'm trying to say. Have you conducted an online or physical appraisal yourself or ever been appraised by someone, I would like to hear your experience.

I think you have the physical picture of what I'm trying to say. Have you conducted an online or physical appraisal yourself or ever been appraised by someone, I would like to hear your experience.
I work in a government agency and I am in charge of personnel evaluations for the institution, which has given me knowledge and experience related to the subject. I have experienced the discomfort and dissatisfaction of the staff when for some reason they find out the results.

Yes, I sincerely believe that it is important to evaluate the performance of a manager. Only then would you'd know if h is working towards the missions and vision of the business. The evaluation shows you at a glance where he has done well and what is left to be done.

I work in a government agency and I am in charge of personnel evaluations for the institution, which has given me knowledge and experience related to the subject. I have experienced the discomfort and dissatisfaction of the staff when for some reason they find out the results.
Awesome! You really have a front line experience in performance evaluation, what are some of the challenges you face, do you think that the performance appraisal in private institution is the same with public institutes

Awesome! You really have a front line experience in performance evaluation, what are some of the challenges you face, do you think that the performance appraisal in private institution is the same with public institutes
Performance evaluations in private companies should be similar to those in public companies, but I cannot say for sure. In every interview with employees there are challenges in terms of "acceptance" on the part of the employee of their weaknesses, errors and omissions in the performance of their duties, which leads to a result with low qualification.

Performance evaluations in private companies should be similar to those in public companies, but I cannot say for sure. In every interview with employees there are challenges in terms of "acceptance" on the part of the employee of their weaknesses, errors and omissions in the performance of their duties, which leads to a result with low qualification.
I'm also guessing private companies and public companies appraisal would be alike just that private companies may be more principled as they are owned by private individuals with sole aim of profit making.

Evaluation of of performance of staffs in any organization is very to the success of that organization. It is very important to evaluate the performance of the manager in order measure his achievements s far as the manager and for him to know how to improve if he has performed bellow expectations.

I'm also guessing private companies and public companies appraisal would be alike just that private companies may be more principled as they are owned by private individuals with sole aim of profit making.
Yes, now each employee has a different evaluation according to his or her functions. What is common among all is the general evaluation regarding the schedule, interpersonal relations, respect and everything that must be fulfilled as a whole in the company, the functions are separate.

Oh, okay
Yes, now each employee has a different evaluation according to his or her functions. What is common among all is the general evaluation regarding the schedule, interpersonal relations, respect and everything that must be fulfilled as a whole in the company, the functions are separate.
Oh, okay. I think I have a better idea of what you are trying to say now, there are lots of appraisal technique to know how different individuals are coping with their work and environment. These findings helps the employer know more.

Oh, okay

Oh, okay. I think I have a better idea of what you are trying to say now, there are lots of appraisal technique to know how different individuals are coping with their work and environment. These findings helps the employer know more.
Exactly, the personnel fulfill different functions, and they are in different ranks, therefore the evaluations must be different for each one of them. It's a bit more complex. Today we are giving bonuses according to results ranging from low, intermediate, within expectation and above expectation. This is in order to motivate the staff.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back