What's new

Is it illegal to do jobs writing academic work for others?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.

It's technically not illegal to do, but it is frowned upon by colleges and universities, because someone other than the person handing it in, did the work for the person. My grandfather used to know how to write essays for people, and know how to write it in such a way to get a certain grade on it. I think he made a little bit of money doing that to help pay for the bills, when he didn't have enough to cover the costs of living.

It's not illegal work but it's an immoral work.
Usually people shouldn't accept such things as they will be making someone who don't deserve such achievement, to get it easily. I know my own classmates who paid money to get some stuff publish under their name.
They received a very good grade and got a masters degree. Now, they don't have a job and they are blaming our university for not being able to provide any good survival skills.

Well, let's think of a doctor's degree here. What if an unqualified person receives a degree, because of a thesis? It will be a disaster.

It is not illegal but still it's not a good idea especially for the person/student hiring the contractor. It won't give room for self development to the student. But sadly, people find themselves in places where they are really not happy at or where they don't have passion to be. Hence, don't have passion for what they do and tend to be involved in such.

I know people who are doing academic writing and earning so well from it. For them, they are only doing a hussle trying to get some income and they don't care about the person they are doing it for. They do not care that the student will score well for the work they are doing for them yet they don't really have the knowledge or skill. Personally, I don't think that it is a right thing to do but who will pass a source of income and there are no jobs out there?

I consider it very wrong. This is why we have so many people out there who cannot defend their projects since all the work is done by someone else. They end up sucking at research and further academic pursuits get messed up.

I consider it very wrong. This is why we have so many people out there who cannot defend their projects since all the work is done by someone else. They end up sucking at research and further academic pursuits get messed up.
I agree with you. This system that has really grown of getting other people to do the work for you then you pay them has really messed up with the attainment of skills. Many people nowdays finish school with very good greads but equally poor greads in the field.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
If a site allow you to write for others academic work then you can do this job without hesitation. But if a site is not allowing then it's not appropriate to do it.

I agree with you. This system that has really grown of getting other people to do the work for you then you pay them has really messed up with the attainment of skills. Many people nowdays finish school with very good greads but equally poor greads in the field.
It is actually very sad I have to confess. I have worked in a school environment previously and I am always pained to see potential graduates stutter and speak jargons to defend the theses they claimed they worked on themselves.

Where I'm from there's no law against it and it's perfectly fine, yeah universities authorities and some people may frown upon it, but it is legal to do.

It's surely not illegal since you can see dozens of ads online of people looking to buy or sell academic essays and articles. It might be immoral as someone else said but that's a different discussion

It does not matter about what I think regarding this, though we have universities that make you learn something that you can learn by yourself on internet and the costs are way cheaper, you can do your own degree diploma in photoshop and voila you finished..

It's surely not illegal since you can see dozens of ads online of people looking to buy or sell academic essays and articles. It might be immoral as someone else said but that's a different discussion
Yeah, it is not illegal such that you will not face any law repercussions for doing it. But morally, it is so wrong as you are like encouraging the student to lazy around and not care much about what they went to do in the university.

Yeah, it is not illegal such that you will not face any law repercussions for doing it. But morally, it is so wrong as you are like encouraging the student to lazy around and not care much about what they went to do in the university.
You can't do anything against lazy students,there will always be students looking to buy their essays and there will always be people willing to sell it to them

You can't do anything against lazy students,there will always be students looking to buy their essays and there will always be people willing to sell it to them
That's just life, selling project online have turn out to be more easy money making than essay writing.. student pay more for final year project topics and handout than they do to essays

That's just life, selling project online have turn out to be more easy money making than essay writing.. student pay more for final year project topics and handout than they do to essays
I think the so called students that you are saying are buying are actually the elder students which don t wanna do the work xD

It's not illegal to write an academic paper. You can publish a research paper not just for students only.
Yes,it's good a student writes his academic paper to justify his knowledge about his career.

I know of someone who does this for a living. I don't think it is illegal as if it hadn't been stated as a rule that it must not be done or is against the ethics of the students work.

I
I personally do not think its illagal, but whether legal or illegal, it all varies between schools and collages

I think for any college, if they knew the work was paid for, they may disqualify the person's work, and there may even be repercussions for using work not your own. In a way, it could be viewed as plagiarism in a way. Which I happen to see a lot these days.

But yeah, after further looking into it, it's not illegal. It's very risky for the person buying the service, as if they're caught, could possibly receiving a failing grade or may even be kicked out.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back