What's new

Is it illegal to buy/sell likes/follows now days?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I remember back in the early days of Twitter and other social sites and how people would buy likes, follows and other such tings. Now days I hear it's actually illegal in some ways to buy/sell likes/follows. Is that true? I know not to buy these sorts of things anyway, because it only gives you fake followers or followers who won't interact with your content. I did use them when I first started out, as a noob many years ago, but soon learned not to do that anymore.

It's not illegal if the activities of your page or site is legal. However, organic followers the ones that could effectively help us grow our channel or page. Thus, buying likes and followers is just an option but may not be that effective.

From what I understand as long as the activities you encourage on your site and social media are legal then it is not illegal for you to buy or sell likes and follows and is an option you could choose if you wish to. I've never chosen to buy likes and follows myself as I feel a lot of what you get when you purchase these services are usually bots that don't always help the growth of your site or your social media and putting work in to bring in organic likes and follows is a better way to help your site and your social media. Does it take more time? Yes, of course but nothing good ever comes quickly.

I remember back in the early days of Twitter and other social sites and how people would buy likes, follows and other such tings. Now days I hear it's actually illegal in some ways to buy/sell likes/follows. Is that true? I know not to buy these sorts of things anyway, because it only gives you fake followers or followers who won't interact with your content. I did use them when I first started out, as a noob many years ago, but soon learned not to do that anymore.
I do not think that I is illegal at the moment to do such things but platforms like Fiverr have put a banned on such services been rendered on their platform as they see it to be deceptive

It was always illegal to buy followers and likes. If youtube finds out that you have bought likes and subscribers, your channel will be demonetized. If organic method is taking time, try running ads to build likes and subscribers.

A lot of social media platforms usually have policies that can ban you from the platform if they observe some kind of unusual following activity and you have to check that out.

It is not illegal to buy or sell likes or follows, but it may be against the terms and conditions of the social media platform where the likes or follows are being bought or sold. Additionally, buying or selling likes or followers can lead to account suspension or deletion, as the platform may consider this activity to be fraudulent. Finally, buying or selling likes and follows can also result in a decrease in the quality of the content and engagement, as the likes and follows are not genuine

It is generally not a recommended practice because it violates the terms of service of most social media platforms and can undermine one's social media presence's authenticity and credibility.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back