What's new

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

Kennysplash

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 29, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?

Obviously he cannot pursue higher education now until he finds a suitable manager to handle his business while he goes to college. So he should keep searching until he finds one. But if it's possible to manage the business and attend school then he should try it. Many young entrepreneurs shuffle between their business and some other engagements. Your friend's case is not strange.

I don't think it's the right time for him to start schooling, because that will amount to him abandoning his business, the best thing is for him to try and get someone that is good and trustworthy enough to manage the business in his absence, because I believe that he intends to sponsor himself through school with the proceeds from the business.

yes why not, the higher you are educated, the better chances you have in anything you want to do or planning to do, we even had a teacher in high school that was teaching us and preparing for his PHD in mathetmatics and he got it!

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
Yes you can. But you will need to find a way to balance it so that your business,or higher education will not suffer. Both require attention. I will advise you get someone to help manage the business,while you go after higher education. That way you can focus on one at a time m
Post automatically merged:

Yes you can. But you will need to find a way to balance it so that your business,or higher education will not suffer. Both require attention. I will advise you get someone to help manage the business,while you go after higher education. That way you can focus on one at a time .

Yes you can. But you will need to find a way to balance it so that your business,or higher education will not suffer. Both require attention. I will advise you get someone to help manage the business,while you go after higher education. That way you can focus on one at a time .

The kind of business that he started is the type that needs attention all the time, so it's a good idea for him to find either a sales person to help him sell or find someone to help him manage the business. A salesman should be the best option for him, and I will advice him to get a family member to help him sell because it's quite hard to get trustworthy person to manage a business that the owner won't be around most of the time.

Abandoning his apparently booming business to pursue higher education is a bad idea. The way you put it, he is already established in the business, so opting out should be out of the question. He can wait till he sees a trustworthy person, it better still, invite a member of his family who he can trust fully to take over. That's his best choice.

For sure, it is possible to pursue higher education while managing business, you have to create chance for yourself in order for you to manage the two properly, because everything in these world is by planing, when you plan yourself very well you are going to handle it well.

Yes I would advice him to continue schooling while managing his business since he is obviously doing well there. You mentioned his trouble of getting a reliable person to manage the business in his absence. I think he should be patient and defer his schooling till he is able to get an honest person.

Does he count with a realible 100% online university option? If so and if the course he goes to choose is not so demanding, maybe he can run alone his business while studying. But he needs to know in advance if the course he goes to choose has really a total 100% online options (no compulsory stages that end up stealing him many hours per day, no too many academic writings).
I'm currently a micro-entrepreneur, no employees, and I'm in a postgraduate course. In my case I was in need to drastically reduce my tasks because my course is hard and demanding, in spite of being 100% online.

This is a bit complicated. Trust is s very important thing to consider business. Employing a manager is like handling over your life to the person.i wouldn’t suggest he commences his higher education now. Right now he needs to focus on finding a good manager for his business.

He can still decide to manage it to himself and go part time school and not full-time. Maybe during his exams he can call one of his siblings for assistant. I believe that they will help him to manage the business cos he needs achieve exam success too.

It's very possible to pursue high education when running business, but I can see that your friend matter is very complicated, because it's not advisable to Lea a business for Who is not trustworthy. Your friend has to find someone that helps be managing the shop whenever he's not around. Or your friend should enroll for part-time program.

If your friend's business is booming. Your friend must look for some options or schedules, that help him not to postpone his university studies. You can adjust the hours and days in the company, with online or offline classes, in such a way that you do not leave the business in unreliable hands and you can follow their university activities.

Obviously he cannot pursue higher education now until he finds a suitable manager to handle his business while he goes to college. So he should keep searching until he finds one. But if it's possible to manage the business and attend school then he should try it. Many young entrepreneurs shuffle between their business and some other engagements. Your friend's case is not strange.
I don't think it is easy to do that kind of business and still attend school. We all know how university education can be demanding, and he has not gotten someone faithful to stay at his shop while he is at school. Just a few hours away from his business can do a lot of damage.

He can still decide to manage it to himself and go part time school and not full-time. Maybe during his exams he can call one of his siblings for assistant. I believe that they will help him to manage the business cos he needs achieve exam success too.
Yes, we have tried the siblings option too, but it is still the same story. They are all aiming for their pockets, it is what I personally experienced. I wonder why it is so hard to find honest people around again.

If it's just for showcasing..then no I wouldn't advise such. I can only recommend you extend your acedemics if it will only benefit your business and not just for the sake of owning another degree or whatever.

Exactly my opinion too. He is planning to finance his education from the proceeds of his business, so he needs to overlook it well and trust who is going to handle it. Starting a business is not easy these days, so when one gets one he should do everything in his power to keep it.
This is a bit complicated. Trust is s very important thing to consider business. Employing a manager is like handling over your life to the person.i wouldn’t suggest he commences his higher education now. Right now he needs to focus on finding a good manager for his business.

The kind of business that he started is the type that needs attention all the time, so it's a good idea for him to find either a sales person to help him sell or find someone to help him manage the business. A salesman should be the best option for him, and I will advice him to get a family member to help him sell because it's quite hard to get trustworthy person to manage a business that the owner won't be around most of the time.
Exactly my thoughts too. He needs to be around most of the time to see how it's going. We know how university education can be time consuming. As for family member, he has tried that and there was no difference. Hopefully he will soon get the right person.

Well, if he really need to level up his education status then I think he should find a trusted family member to handle the business for him. However, if he thinks none of them are trustworthy, I suggest he should close the business and reopen once he finishes his education but with this there's a chance of losing customers.

yes why not, the higher you are educated, the better chances you have in anything you want to do or planning to do, we even had a teacher in high school that was teaching us and preparing for his PHD in mathetmatics and he got it!
Surely i would say yes.. Because if you've a lot of interest in studies and you've to must earn for that its will be good to manage them at same time.its never hard to Give your proper time at business and study.

I think for the business management experience matters more than just education, because if a person have experience to deal with customers and clients then he could run business in better way from a educated person without any skill or experience.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back