Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I remember when Myspace came out, movies and tv would ask for fans to go to the myspace pages. I thought at that point, that MySpace would be the future where people would skip making a website, and just use MySpace. But Myspace died, and in came Facebook to take over. Facebook is still alive and kicking, in fact, probably could be the first destination for most people when they open their web browsers.

With that being said, it made me wonder, with Facebook having groups, pages, a marketplace and so much more, do you foresee Facebook being a threat to traditional websites? If someone can just use a Facebook page to sell their products, they could in turn leave websites behind.

I hope it never happens, but I could see Facebook being that big.

I remember when Myspace came out, movies and tv would ask for fans to go to the myspace pages. I thought at that point, that MySpace would be the future where people would skip making a website, and just use MySpace. But Myspace died, and in came Facebook to take over. Facebook is still alive and kicking, in fact, probably could be the first destination for most people when they open their web browsers.

With that being said, it made me wonder, with Facebook having groups, pages, a marketplace and so much more, do you foresee Facebook being a threat to traditional websites? If someone can just use a Facebook page to sell their products, they could in turn leave websites behind.

It's already that big! Nonetheless, though, social media can still be a gateway to a cool site, not the site itself.

Yeah it can be...but there are also many things in facebook but in a website you can just perform your task easily.So it will not die

It's already that big! Nonetheless, though, social media can still be a gateway to a cool site, not the site itself.
True, but I feel that everything you need is right there on Facebook. The only downside for me, is that it's Facebook after all. And sometimes it's not always good to trust facebook. They can be quite shady. But, I still think they're really useful.

The use of Facebook has greatly been maximized over the years and the question of whether facebook is taking over website is a good question to ask. In my opinion, facebook and website should work hand in hand. Facebook can be used to greatly increase your visitors on your website and improve your website. Conversions.

Recuerdo que cuando salió Myspace, las películas y la televisión pedían a los fans que visitaran las páginas de MySpace. En ese momento pensé que MySpace sería el futuro en el que la gente dejaría de hacer un sitio web y simplemente usaría MySpace. Pero Myspace murió y Facebook se hizo cargo. Facebook todavía está vivo y coleando, de hecho, probablemente podría ser el primer destino para la mayoría de las personas cuando abren sus navegadores web.

Dicho esto, me pregunto, con Facebook teniendo grupos, páginas, un mercado y mucho más, ¿prevé que Facebook sea una amenaza para los sitios web tradicionales? Si alguien puede usar una página de Facebook para vender sus productos, a su vez podría dejar atrás los sitios web.

Espero que nunca suceda, pero puedo ver que Facebook es tan grande.
I think you are worrying too much with Facebook, although it is certainly a monster with everything you need to be a great company, I do not think it is a threat to websites.

Websites, in turn, must learn from Facebook and find a way to emerge and publish in order to get their own followers and find a way to catch the general public.

it cannot go that forward, there are different laws for each country regarding selling stuff so I doubt it will grow, the marketplace on facebook looks something like the OLX platform.

Yeah, Facebook is getting bigger everyday but i don't think it's going to take over all the other websites. Facebook will always remain just a social media website

Facebook is becoming the biggest relationship marketing tool for brands, it seems like that instead of increasing traffic to the company website, Facebook is actually absorbing it. Marketers across the globe are wondering whether their brand websites will disappear and if there will still be a need for an official website in five years. Will the users still visit the company websites or will they only use Facebook and apps to check the news and offers
In my opinion facebook and websites must work hand in hand because it's usefull for both

I don’t see facebook as the go-to place, I think websites are still relevant despite being bombarded with short form content, either video or written content. Facebook is getting a lot of hate these days, with people either using it less or deleting their account entirely. I think I log into my personal account once or twice a week, so not that much.

I am so thrilled by the new development in Facebook where you can use your Faceboon page as a store for your online marketing business. I think this will be most preferred by people than the websites because it is way cheaper and easier to use.

As we have it now Facebook is the number one social media platform with over a billion users worldwide..and yes it has taken over other website..but come to think of it, you can get in contact with other site via Facebook

Facebook has been already been buying startups and rising potential companies and destroying them
I guess that is business for you, it is the survival of the fittest. The important thing is that provided they are not doing things illegally, Facebook is good to go.

I guess that is business for you, it is the survival of the fittest. The important thing is that provided they are not doing things illegally, Facebook is good to go.
Actually the term survival of the fittest comes with fair terms , means hands on the table and if you win so be it, buying and destroying startups is an under-belt strategy which is actually illegal (Taking control of the market by eliminating competition) however all the big brands are dismissed and we all know why.

Facebook has a wild history of doing illegal things, from selling data to overlooking the threats on their security systems until a breach happens

Hmm, Facebook is a broad community that consists too many people from different ethnics who come together to share conversation and other intriguing things. Facebook is really shaping so fine to contend with online marketing platforms where people create pages, market their products without creating any ecommerce website to advertise their products. But through the help of Facebook they can advertise and sell their products.

Yeah, Facebook is getting bigger everyday but i don't think it's going to take over all the other websites. Facebook will always remain just a social media website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back