Is Bitcoin just an investment?

marteebee

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Mar 23, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you consider buying Bitcoin right now to be an investment or do you buy it as an actual 'currency' to use where you can? Personally, I see it as an investment - albeit a more risky one - due to current volatility of the market. I certainly never thought I'd see it break $30K, let alone $40k and $50k. Looking into things like Tesla's buy-up of the coins though, do you think Bitcoin will ever become anything other than an investment? Will it become a de facto currency for example?

I'm personally in two minds over where it's going to go in the future. I can see it being a really useful resource for some countries - or at least, the idea of a digital currency - but with the volatility, it just seems mad to consider it as such.

Your assertion is correct, although Bitcoin was originally created as a medium of exchange, it is now more and more used for investing and trading (like stocks), although Bitcoin's voting has started to decline compared to several years ago. I personally prefer to store Bitcoin as an investment and trade rather than using Bitcoin as a medium of exchange.

You can do a lot of things with bitcoins, hold to bitcoins for profits, use bitcoins to buy products and services, send payment in bitcoins, etc. Therefore, bitcoin is more than investment. I have been using bitcoins as payment form since a couple of years. It is easier payment form for cross boarder transaction

Do you consider buying Bitcoin right now to be an investment or do you buy it as an actual 'currency' to use where you can? Personally, I see it as an investment - albeit a more risky one - due to current volatility of the market. I certainly never thought I'd see it break $30K, let alone $40k and $50k. Looking into things like Tesla's buy-up of the coins though, do you think Bitcoin will ever become anything other than an investment? Will it become a de facto currency for example?

I'm personally in two minds over where it's going to go in the future. I can see it being a really useful resource for some countries - or at least, the idea of a digital currency - but with the volatility, it just seems mad to consider it as such.
between is not just an investment it is a complete business and you can earn a lot of profit by trading up dumps and pumps always come in between so you can get profit when it is pumping and sell it and again purchase it when it is at dump.

Bitcoin is not just an investment but a treasure which has brought a global change to how financial transaction is made with a decentralized system of payment. Bitcoin and other coins I.e alts coins has a lots of application not just in finance alone.

Bitcoin is more than just an investment. It is also used as a mode of payment online. The reason most people consider it as an investment is that when you leave it in the wallet it appreciate sometimes in value.

Bitcoin works as both in my own point of view although these days it serves more as investment options for people. As a payment method, more and more businesses are accepting it for payment
Post automatically merged:

Bitcoin works as both in my own point of view although these days it serves more as investment options for people. As a payment method, more and more businesses are accepting it for payment

Bitcoin is a currency, permit me to regard it so.
It can be seen as an investment when invest it in order to secure profit in the nearest future.

It can also be seen as a mean of currency exchanger between currency of other countries too.

Bitcoin is not just an investement. Many people have stated that Bitcoin can also be used as a payment method to buy products online. However, Bitcoin is more than that. Actually, Bitcoin is now being used by many charity organizations and it is also used by many hotels. In fact, many food chains like Burger King and Starbucks are now accepting Bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin is becoming really powerful. Who would have thought that a cryptocurrency would become this much powerful? :)

Its an investment but bitcoin can also be used to buy other things since its a means of exchange, but the most things people do use bitcoin to do is to invest, which is the best thing to use bitcoin to do.

I think it's both. Even if I'm doubting bitcoin could substitute FIAT currencies (at least, it may happen in the top tier countries), while years ago I was thinking it would have substitute them, in any way it's consider a very valuable and the best cryptocurrency here and there. In Brazil we need to declare bitcoin (and whatever other cryptocurrencies) to the tax authorities as we need to declare FIAT currencies and properties. It's now considered a valuable investment by Brazilian government.

It is not only a investment coin but it is originally made for the purpose of easy, fast and reliable transections and exchange it through out the world. But now a days people are just taking it a coin to invest and earn from it.

There is no one straight answer to this question. Some people use it because it is an available means of exchange to transact with for their buying and selling purpose. While others engage it for investment purposes strictly. So that's just it .

Bitcoin is an investment some one could venture into,but you should always have this at the back of your mind,that you should always invest some part of your money that won't affect you in anyway if you lost it while investing on bitcoin. And you may either win and gain much more profit that expected. So I will always advice is to trade and invest wisely not to use all our hard earn money to invest in any investment both bitcoin and any other business investment out here online.

I honestly believe Bitcoin is an investment because most people use if for crypto trading or basically they just hodl it and wait for the value to rise massively before selling it for actual currency. A lot of people have made money from selling Bitcoin especially those who bought Bitcoin when it was still cheap.

Yes it is an investment similar likes share market as prices can change anytime and you can make or lose money better than share markets as price can be changed so rapid.

The only thing is that Bitcoin is still not accepted as a payment method in tier 2 and tier 3 countries. In fact, many countries have started to ban cryptocurrencies. this is not a good move. Cryptocurrencies are the future. They are digital currencies and much more than an investment.

Like you rightly said, Bitcoin is an investment to me and not just any coin that can be used to buy and sell. I really wish I was opportuned to buy Bitcoin when it was first launched.

I consider it to be an investment, but some people might consider it otherwise. Some may utilize it for other aspects, but I just use it for money purposes. As well, I feel like you only want to invest for short periods of time. I don't want to be stuck with currency that could one day go down in price by a lot. Anything can happen with bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not just an investment but a currency. With bitcoin one stand a chance to make gains from it , and also a chance to use it as a medium of payment for any form of online transaction . However people normally go into bitcoin for investment purpose .

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back