What's new

Instant Registration for Your Forum or Not?

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I would go with instant. I mean, making people check an email is a pain and it doesn't stop the spambots! That's the important thing. The thing which stops the spambots is what they do on the form to sign-up. Well, on my forums, I would ask what a word is spelled backward. It keeps them out spambots for the most part.

I don't think giving instant access is a good idea.
It could be a huge help for the user but it can also attract spambots. Also, if a user forgets his/her credentials, we will have to manually reset them all the time. So, it's not a good practice to give instant access.

Most of the time, when email verification is not needed, people give out fake email ids. It's better to avoid such scenarios.

Confirmation for forums through e-mail it s better, you can use it later also for mail promotions or even funnel sells if the forum is into these.

I think email confirmation is better because this way you make sure people are using their own emails. Also if something goes bad, for example you forget your password the email is the only way to recover it

Instant registration for me is a bad idea. Lots of online users likes spamming and creating multiple accounts on a site so it's adviceable to regulate your forum or site with mail confirmation

What present registration is, that is already instant, what more is there for instant registration? An email or phone number should remain for registration, otherwise what will happen when you turn off PC?

I also like instant registration with an email verification and captcha verification. I don't want to wait for days for the admin to approve my registration. If the users have to wait for verification, they may abandon the forum.

It is a good idea but not good for forum as you will see spammers will jump in and start their spamming posts on your forum. So it is good idea to have email verification or some short of captach checker will help you.

Instant registration is good but this will encourage spammers. When a lot of spammers join your forum, your forum will fail. You may allow instant registration but you should have test post before the posts appear publicly.

That's why forums have mods, those mods will moderate the high rate of spamming in oder to deal with those that fall victim of such. I love the instant registration process in forums.

It is better to set up instant access with google recaptcha or hcaptcha or solve media check form to reduce massive registration.

If one decides to do instant verification, I think one should also include instant verification so that that can at least serve as a means of verifying the person that requires service.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back