Increase in the cost of accommodation is alarming

Prettyjanie

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Jan 17, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In my locality, the cost of renting an apartment is really expensive. Especially during this covid 19 pandemic. One would think that since people are going through a hard time, the landlords will be considerate to five out their houses at an affordable rate but the reverse is the case. What Is it like in your locality.

In my locality, the cost of renting an apartment is really expensive. Especially during this covid 19 pandemic. One would think that since people are going through a hard time, the landlords will be considerate to five out their houses at an affordable rate but the reverse is the case. What Is it like in your locality.
Sometimes as the economy growth or inflation affect the economy people are forced to increase the rent of their houses, must landlord increase the rate of the houses every 5 years.

If your area is on the city side, then you should know that the value if house rent will be expensive. I'm living in the semiurban settlement, the value us affordable.

Over here on the island,house rent here is no going area for workers in here,but for those who are into some kind of shady businesses online and offline could afford it without no complain tho.

If your area is on the city side, then you should know that the value if house rent will be expensive. I'm living in the semiurban settlement, the value us affordable.
Post automatically merged:

The challenge in my location is that, as a result of the insecurity, the Christian areas are expensive, while the areas occupied by our Muslim brothers is very affordable. Now a Christian can not get and accommodation in the area occupied by the Muslims and vice verse.

Yes this is likely to be possible in an industrial environment and there is nothing you will do about it, a lot of people are paying even if they are expensive,I think it depends on the location because that is one of the first thing that is to be considered.

The challenge in my location is that, as a result of the insecurity, the Christian areas are expensive, while the areas occupied by our Muslim brothers is very affordable. Now a Christian can not get and accommodation in the area occupied by the Muslims and vice verse.
Let's forget about religion, things aren't going well here in Nigeria. Remember the govt is for all, regardless of religious doctrine. They should balance high cost of living, stabilize things to suit citizens st least.

This is a very big challenge for most people in my country right now we're by the cause of accommodation is on the High and not just that, the cost of everything is on the High and this is called inflation and economic sense of it. The fact that the cost of accommodation is going high means that the cost of every other thing will have to go high.

Fortunately for us, the rental here is not increasing much because of the consideration on the pandemic situation. In fact, the biggest chain of malls here have suspended the rental for their store space. They get paid by commission based on the revenue of the tenant. That is a nice and humane gesture.

I observed that this trend is same everywhere. The Covid-19 pandemic really made a lot of things expensive including house rent which is a far cry from what it use to be.

Reduce the cost for them to make their own profit for people because of covid-19? Lol!! That won't work like that. They want to recoup from the effect of covid-19 too by using their own investment to get back what the society has made them pay for as well

Let's forget about religion, things aren't going well here in Nigeria. Remember the govt is for all, regardless of religious doctrine. They should balance high cost of living, stabilize things to suit citizens st least.
I agree with you. But that is the true position in my state of residence. Jos Plateau State.

Reduce the cost for them to make their own profit for people because of covid-19? Lol!! That won't work like that. They want to recoup from the effect of covid-19 too by using their own investment to get back what the society has made them pay for as well
Am not asking the landlords to reduce their rent, am only saying now is the wrong time to increase the rent except of course if based on their agreement ( tenancy agreement) it's time for the rent to be increased.

Last edited:
Now that we're facing hardship posed by covid19 they shouldn't make things unbearable for the tenants. Houses should be kept at a moderate price and not over hiking.

The main reason the cost of accommodation is increasing every day is because the cost of building materials is also increasing on daily basis.

Well unfortunately this getting more and more common among property owners without disregard for the tenants, it's sad actually that there aren't enough government policies that protects their interest

Their is rise in many things not in renting apartment alone although there are some urban area where this accommodation of a thing is not expensive.

I guess the reason for this development is because the landlords are responding to the increase in the prices of some building materials especially the cement. The price of cement has doubled in the market including the prices of other I'mportant building material.

I have seen people complain about the prices of rent and houses, it is understandable that the covid shut down a lot of business prices had to go up.

this actually depends on the location you are , if you think that the cost of renting a house in the location you are is not favorable to you then you need to look for a location you can get a house at a cheap rate, this is how most people are doing.

It is not only in accommodation that we are having increase in the cost, the cuts across every area. The way things are going in Nigeria now it's becoming very unbearable for common people to cope. The cost of every commodity has skyrocketed to triple times.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back