What's new

Important things to note while preparing quotation for a Job or Contract.

Well concerning your question on the quotation for a job or contract, I will say that I haven't done this before as i am not familiar with it but people have suggested some great steps above which i think can be of help for anyone that wants to do a quotation

First of all it all depends on the type of job or contract you're working, but first you must note down what your client really want and also what we are tracked his attention to

This is just the information I needed because the quota I'm using now seems of no value as I have not gotten any job offers but looking at your write-up I feel the need to update my templates.

In my line of work, I have had to prepare hundreds of quotations for jobs, contract, requisition and request. When I started, I had to look at the templates there, but as I continued I decided to do a bit of research and personal modifications.

You need to note that your quote for the job will either give you the job or otherwise.

First, make sure you itemize this needed for the job and properly describe them to the understanding of whoever will approve it.

Second, the quantity of each item must be stated, this is important because it shows you understood the job or work.

Third unit price should be added to items requiring it then the total price.

Finally and most importantly, let you total price for the job be written in figures and words and in bold characters, this is most important because that is the area of interest for anyone approving it.

Much to say, but with those above your quote will be very presentable.
Nice points. Especially the last part that state that the contract price should be written in bold and in words and figure as well. Very good read

In my line of work, I have had to prepare hundreds of quotations for jobs, contract, requisition and request. When I started, I had to look at the templates there, but as I continued I decided to do a bit of research and personal modifications.

You need to note that your quote for the job will either give you the job or otherwise.

First, make sure you itemize this needed for the job and properly describe them to the understanding of whoever will approve it.

Second, the quantity of each item must be stated, this is important because it shows you understood the job or work.

Third unit price should be added to items requiring it then the total price.

Finally and most importantly, let you total price for the job be written in figures and words and in bold characters, this is most important because that is the area of interest for anyone approving it.

Much to say, but with those above your quote will be very presentable.
Thank you so much for this educative post on how to write quotation for a job. I am sure this will go a long way with me because I have no idea before.

Thank you, you have shared really helpful tips but one shouldn't stop here as you can still go online and learn more so as to make your quotation outstanding and increase your chances.

I have always wanted to know what all this quotation stuff was all about but thanks to this forum I have now had the ability to look at it in first hand. I would like to delve into this too and thank you for spelling all this out.

Job quotation helps us to know the amounts of money to charge for business and services. Important things to note in quotation are, market price of materials, transportation changes, miscellaneous expenses and workmanship.

This is very apt and good one on quotation for jobs,have learnt something in addition to what i already know.It is also good to carry out some scaling down of price when the needs arises,because there are others who are bidding for same jobs as well.That is if they seams to like what you are bringing to the table.

You have listed important points to note when preparing a quotation, which is used to represent what is needed in a site or a job in figure of expenses so it's important to be brief and concise.

You have a very good job and sincerely hope that you will excellent in all of them. Quotations is one of the most important part of business and good that I have learnt a little.

This is also the type of area I am concentrating on and we do provide a lot of quotation and rough estimate of a particular thing, I really need to be careful in this area not to miss out the most important thing because this can Altered the whole plan

You have actually written a very good piece on all one will need to do and get in place while preparing quotation for a job or contract you are bidding for. Very good job there

Very nice thread. A lot of things are required to prepare a proper quotation. It is also important to not underestimate when preparing a quotation.

This is very interesting. So many capable contractors have lost projects because they failed to prepare adequate quotation. Some quotations are rejected based on the fact their statement where not clearly and properly explained to the understanding of others.

The quotation you want to present must be comprehensive and must be written in clear english, free of ambiguity and easy to absorb. To write a presentable quotation, put your self in the shoes of the reader or whom you are presenting the quotations

Thank you very much my very good friend for taking the opportunity for sharing such a wonderful piece of information. A lot of people don't really know what to do in such situation.

When quoting a quotation for a business, you must know the exacts prices of all the goods that you listed and the terms and conditions for the business must be clearly spelt out to avoid future disagreement.

This is a good information. As a contractor, quotation is very important. The contract owners try as much as possible to compare bids and counter bids with the quotations of each bidders. However it’s good to give room for negotiation in your valuation and you must also make you make profit.
One thing that you have noticed with most contractors these days is that they will bring a quotation to a business that is not up-to-date in terms of their prices and told their for the end up losing when they actually goes to the market to purchase this items so it is very important that they should ensure that their quotation prices are up-to-date with market prices.

You just said it all all one need to know to get himself aquatinted in preparing quotations for contract jobs. With this itemized order, one can work their way around quotations now

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back