What's new

Important things to note while preparing quotation for a Job or Contract.

In my line of work, I have had to prepare hundreds of quotations for jobs, contract, requisition and request. When I started, I had to look at the templates there, but as I continued I decided to do a bit of research and personal modifications.

You need to note that your quote for the job will either give you the job or otherwise.

First, make sure you itemize this needed for the job and properly describe them to the understanding of whoever will approve it.

Second, the quantity of each item must be stated, this is important because it shows you understood the job or work.

Third unit price should be added to items requiring it then the total price.

Finally and most importantly, let you total price for the job be written in figures and words and in bold characters, this is most important because that is the area of interest for anyone approving it.

Much to say, but with those above your quote will be very presentable.
The important thing to know when making a quotation and giving out a quotation to a client or customers is not to under estimate material needed to do the job and don't over charge your clients and customer for labor service for the work that needs to be done.

Here are some important questions to ask yourself before referring to a job.

Am I a product or service provider? Do I provide products or services? Is there a recipient's certificate that I can get to my customers and make a profit?

Other tip that I think must also be observed during quotation is that we should always consider the quality of our work rather than the gain. Some contractors use fake or substandard materials just to make excess gain. This is not good and fair.

Things to know while preparing quotation for a contract
1, As a good contractor, before quoting for a job you need to do pricing of the items you will be needed at site, like present amount of iron rods, sands, planks ,cement etc.
2, you need to consider all this in order not fall into a big mess or not to loss all that should be your own profit as a contractor.

Write down all the activities your job will require. Make sure you include things such as time spent researching your clients needs or their industry, time/gas spent driving to and from meetings and supply stores to obtain all the materials, time spent creating the work or performing the service, and any setup or breakdown time you’ll need

Thank you for the educative information, this has surely impacted me one way or the other. Also cross checking of the prices should be done so as not to have done miscalculation at a point or the other because the person at the other end would see it as a deliberate act to either inflate or deflate the prices who which may lead to the quotation not approved

While I enjoy getting contracts for jobs, I have noticed that in most cases, it is the site manager that will determine whether you get the job or not. No matter how beautiful and unique that your business quotations are, you need to convince the man that is on site that you will be able to deliver on this job too.
The site manager doesn’t award contracts. The site manager or project is an employee of the contractor. However quotations is submitted alongside a bid. The contract owners compare the bids and counter bids. The contract will then pick the most economical design.

Tips for entering the contractor's price
Follow the standard format for the type of contractor you are referring to.
Don't forget to label your quotation.
Provide your company informatio.
Tell your potential customers personally using their name

This is a good piece of information from you. If a contractor is about to do some quotation the best way to get out of trouble easily is to always know the amount of price of goods in the market at that particular moment because prices do fluantuate

Follow the standard format of the type of contract quotation you are creating. Don't forget to label your quotation. Provide the information of your company.
Address your potential customer personally using their name.

The site manager doesn’t award contracts. The site manager or project is an employee of the contractor. However quotations is submitted alongside a bid. The contract owners compare the bids and counter bids. The contract will then pick the most economical design.

I agree with you that this is how things are done in a normal settings. However, there are cases where the site manager is asked to make those decisions based on trust and this is where things can go south. I believe that what is also necessary is understanding that in business, connection matters.

Tips for entering the contractor's price
Follow the standard format of the contractor you are referring to. ...
Don't forget to label your quotation.
Provide your company information.
Tell your potential customers personally using their name

That's the most important.

In my line of work, I have had to prepare hundreds of quotations for jobs, contract, requisition and request. When I started, I had to look at the templates there, but as I continued I decided to do a bit of research and personal modifications.

You need to note that your quote for the job will either give you the job or otherwise.

First, make sure you itemize this needed for the job and properly describe them to the understanding of whoever will approve it.

Second, the quantity of each item must be stated, this is important because it shows you understood the job or work.

Third unit price should be added to items requiring it then the total price.

Finally and most importantly, let you total price for the job be written in figures and words and in bold characters, this is most important because that is the area of interest for anyone approving it.

Much to say, but with those above your quote will be very presentabl
Very educative post. Thanks so much for this information. I have seen different quotations from people who wants to work for my boss. One thing I noticed about them is that there is a difference of interest when it comes to what to choose between money and service to win a contract. This usually make my boss to consider the ones with better service option.

Select a Template. Creating winning quotes is a learning process. ...
Add Client Information. Make sure you include who the quote is for. ...
Enter the Quote Number. ...
Include a Date of Issue. ...
Enter Products or Services. ...
Add Terms and Conditions. ...
Include Notes. ...
Add Optional Details.

For any line of job that you are just being introduced to for the first time. The most important thing is to learn how it is being done which is what you did. From there, you become more proficient in the task and it becomes easier. For commercial documents like quotation, it is best that amounts are written in words so there won't be any confusion.

When I was assigned to the NBI (that is the counterpart of FBI h here, National Bureau of Investigation), my boss gave me the instruction to explain the quotation to our client (the head of the bureau). My boss and I made the quotation so I know everything. Fortunately I had convinced our clients (there were 5 officers in the panel) for the job of conducting a bidding for their computer system. We earned a big income from that project.

Business details. Providing your ABN and contact information is a legal requirement.
Total cost. ...
Breakdown of costs. ...
Variations. ...
Revisions. ...
Schedule for work. ...
Payment terms and conditions. ...
Quote expiry date.

In quotation writing it is necessary that when writing a quotation you have to analyze all necessary items likewise materials needed in your quotation and most importantly the price in your quotation must be negotiable the client but be able to negotiate with your price and you must take note of the items price

The most important thing is main idea of any business should be clear and understandable for everyone if you making the quotation , proper label the quotation and looks pleasant to everyone also provide all the necessary information about your business or company In short present everything properly and carefully.

Honesty makes the difference, make sure your quotation is an honest one, the prices aren't outrageous and the prices and cost of things are decent, also make sure your quotation list is detailed explained and shouldn't leave any info out.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back