What's new

Importance of SEO friendly URL for WordPress

Deleted member 403

Importance of SEO friendly URL for WordPress​

Search engine optimization plays a huge part in your website ranking well and successfully among many other websites. Well, WordPress sites are no different. If your WordPress-built website URL is not correctly showing on the browser, then highly unlikely will your WordPress site rank on search engines. You must read the tips below and follow them to ensure your website URL is search engine optimized friendly and see the difference it makes on Google and other search engines.

1) Change your “Permalink settings” > Login as admin and go to settings and choose Permalinks.

2) Common Settings > here, you will see a list of options for you to choose

Option One from the common setting lists is the. Default

This is the one that WordPress chooses unless you change it. With this one, your URL will be shown as http://bizdustry.com/blog/?p=123.

As you can see, it is not wise to choose the default one, as it is so hard to tell what the link is after the /blog. And search engines are not humans to work out what ?p=123 is and, in fact, even us humans will find this a mystery. Imagine visiting a site that has tons of links shown like this. Would you remember it for the future so that you can revisit them? I certainly don’t think so. If you are going to struggle with a link's remembrance, then surely Google and other search engines will have twice the trouble in knowing what the link is about, which will cause you to lose ranking. Other options are the day and name, month and name, numeric; I would ignore all of them and concentrate on the last two options on common settings as they are the ones that Google and other search engines like. They make the URL look neat on any browser, and it helps to remember them more easily.

The two most important options in common settings are 1) Post name.

This is my chosen one for my own blog. It shows your blog post title, and we all know how helpful that is to recognize what the article is about, and if we are interested, we simply read or ignore it and move to the ones we really like. Which would you prefer, this one or the default one is shown above? A wise person will choose this for sure.

However, if this does not work for you, as I have seen people use this, and it still shows page numbers like /p123, simply adding the following code to the “custom structure” option is shown below /%postname%/ and click save changes.

2) Custom Structure

Personally, I wouldn’t say I like this one. The reason is I’m not bothered about showing category names along with my blog post title. but if you are one of those who wish to have this, add this code in an empty box on the right ” /%category%/%postname%/ .”The extra /interviews are added before the blog post title. There is no need for this; keep it short and simple and enjoy the fruit of Google and other search engines.

Those are some basic tips in improving your ranking using search engine optimized URLs for your WordPress sites. If you wish to add a better method, do let us know below. Thank you.

Well said. This is a very nice and detailed article. Yes, SEO friendly URLs are easy to remember and good for the crawler bots. WordPress does this effortlessly by integrating the settings on their platform. SEO experts should ensure that they always consider using SEO friendly Urls.

Normally, I use a keyword rich title or a title with a long tail search term. I also use the title as the url of my post. Since my title contain keywords, my url will also contain keywords. If you do this, your content gets picked up by search engines faster.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back