What's new

How to properly write up a Post, and not roast it. Guide to Posting Quality.

Hi there!

You have probably heard a few times by now, that we would like our members to post quality content on our forum. What is Quality Content? That is a good question. Keep reading on if you want to learn what is, and isn't good quality content, and how to separate a good post, from the bad.

What is Quality Content?

Quality Content, is something that is on topic to either the Board that it is posted in, or directly on topic with the opening post of a Thread. This post, whether it be a topic or a reply, is designed to start a conversation on a subject, that can last days, weeks, months or even years. It drives traffic and further replies to the topic at hand.

The most important thing about creating quality content, is the question, "Does what I want to discuss, is important to what is being discussed already, and if so, am I repeating information that has already been posted?"

Now, you can technically have multiple topics on the same exact subject, but if the discussion is something specific to something else in that subject field, it will not be labeled as duplicate content, or as spam.

The following are what is called, the Nine Ingredients to making great content.

1. Create Original Content
2. Always Focus On Creating Strong Headlines
3. Make Your Content Actionable
4. Be Able to Provide Answers
5. Be Accurate in Your Reporting and Sourcing of Information
6. Create Engaging and Thought Provoking Content
7. Communicate Better by Adding Images and Video
8. Write Short and Pointed Content
9. Make Continual Updates to Your Website or Blog

Each of the above points, have a reason why creating original and quality content, is important.

I am going to go through the first and second item above; but remember to take the other above items into consideration too!

Create Original and Quality Content

This part is simple, but can be confusing to some people. Copying other people’s content will result in a punishment from Google, which can crush the bottom line of what you want to create in regards to discussion. Anything that is not original, carries a punishment. In the case of our forum, bad or low quality content, which is unoriginal, penalizes this forum.

Original Content also means, Originality. Really, this means to not duplicate something that has already been written.

The following is an example of not the best content that is made, but can be improved for the discussion at hand. To preface the following quotes, the thread starter asked if you had to have experience to own a Barber Salon, in order to make a profit off of owning a hair cutting business.
Your words are on point, you do not need to be able to cut hairs before you can establish a barbing salon. Just get a barbing shop, equip it with adequate and necessary tools and comfort, hire the services of experienced stylists. To maximize profit, make sure it's a large barbing salon located in a students location.
Of course such barbing saloon can make it big time, the owner of a saloon must not know how to cut hair.
As long as he has professionals that does it for him, he is good to go. The business is like an investment for him.

The two quoted posts above, were part of a discussion on whether or not you need a hair cutting degree to open a barber shop. Now, these quotes weren't exactly the best, but they technically do contribute to a discussion, but not in the best way possible.

What should have been said, was:
While having a degree and experience would help with running a barbering salon, you do not have to be able to cut hair, so long as you have everything needed for the supplies, and hire out the people with the skills needed before you establish a barbing salon. To maximize profit, you would also need to place this in prime real estate, preferably near a high traffic area, like a college, with minimial business rates or rent.
And:
Of course you can make it big time owning a salon, even if the owner does not know how to cut hair. As long as he has professionals that does it for him, he is good to go. The business can be a great investment for him.

See the difference in the replies? They are better on point with the discussion, and better contributes to the topic at hand. The responses are more original, and doesn't sound like they are repeating each other.

Here are some bad examples of replies and topics that could have been worded better, if more time was put into wording the opening post and one of the replies to it.

Topic 1, opening post: Is meatpie business profitable
Where I stay people love meatpie so much, but the availability of meatpie is lower than the demand. I plan on venturing into the business largely but I want to know my chances of making it profitable
Example reply:
This business is very lucrative. Taste of the meat pie will determine the patronage and will you need a good location for the business for it.

Better Worded Opening Post:
Where I live, people love eating meat filled pies, but there aren't many businesses that are open here, that can meet the demand for it. I am planning on venturing into the business. I want to know; if anyone has any ideas; what could my changes be in successfully running the business, and making it profitable? Do you have any suggestions?
Better Example Reply:
This business is a pretty lucrative business. The type of pies that are sold, will determine whether or not you will get great patronage to the location. Also, the location that you have it would be useful in making people aware of it, and marketing the firm by word of mouth.

Topic 2, opening post: Winter blankets selling business!
We have talked about different businesses but today I want to discuss about seasonal business.
Warm blankets are very demanding in winter . According to my opinion, this business can give us good profit,if we are serious to run this business.what do you think,is this a profitable business in winter?
Example reply:
Sellingof blanket to me i may not consider it as a full-time job because you only have blanket to sell when there is winter or maybe to sell to sick people but I think you can do it as a side or so because blanket selling is a seasonal job which May no be suitable for a full time income

Better Worded Opening Post:
We have talked about various different types of businesses, but today, I want to see what your thoughts are on Seasonal Clothing Stores.

Warm blankets are in high demand in the winder months, as things can get pretty cold. What do you think? Is this a profitable business to run in the Winter?

My opinion, is that a business like this can give a pretty good profit; that is if we are serious about running this type of business.
Better Example Reply:
I do not consider it as a full time job, in part because, you only have items that are only able to be sold in the winter, or to be sold to those who have sick people in the house during the cold season. But I believe that you can do it as a side job, as blanket and winter clothing selling is a seasonal related job, which may not be suitable for earning year round.

Always Focus on Creating a Strong Headline

This item may be confusing to some people, as what constitutes as a good strong headline?

A good headline, sparks conversation and interaction! Though sadly, if it isn't worded correctly, it can leave you with little to no replies.

Consider the following two statistics from Copyblogger:
  • 80% of people will read your headlines.
  • Only 20% of those people will read the rest of your content.
So, what is the point of the above? Your headline, is just as important as the discussion you want to create. You can't have a great discussion, if your headline does not grab the attention of people, and relate to what you really are trying to discuss!

Lets look at a couple good headlines:
  • 5 Grammatical Errors that Make You Look Dumb
  • How To Make Cauliflower Taste as Good as French Fries
Now, those headlines will do one of two things: Make you realize that there are ways to write better, and that there are ways to cook something to make it taste completely different than what you expect.

The basic idea of a strong headline, is that it should directly relate to what you are posting, and that it should make someone want to open it up!

The above tips are what I believe will help everyone here, in figuring out how to better post around the forum. If you have any suggestions on any of the other sections I listed, but didn't comment on, please reply below on how you would handle those sections!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Alex, I dont seems to understand this method again. Please, can I know which of my post is removed and what type of post is expected from me? I believe its an opinion post which shouldn't be doubt. I believe in telling the truth about my feelings. Why am I sanction for speaking out my mind. Then if its thread, help me with the error, so that I won't repeat that again. Thanks in anticipation

Yes! Please! I would like to know the errors/ blunder I'v committed for my last topic to be tagged 'low quality'. And kindly help with the correction. thanks

I learnt alot from this article that explains how to post quality posts. It's very true that posting catchy and attractive topics to thread is very important as most people will only use your topic to either read your thread or not.

It was a great learning and so useful for me because I did not have very clear on how to make a good and excellent post, neither on how to call the attention of the people, so it was just a good, very good learning on it, and concerning the example topics, I think that the complete explanation is very clear, and so simple to understand, and do not consider it could be added nothing more.

Thank you so much for the tips, they were able to help me get this straight from the beginning of the post to the end. I urge myself to get a positive impact on this platform.

Thanks a lot for the information. This is going to be my first experience in any forum - posting comments and participating. I will try to learn and improve on these learnings.

When people find a paid to post forum, they start milking forum by posting low-quality posts. This will ultimately make the forum suffer. Users should also invest effort to make the forum succeed.

This is a good guide about writing a good content from you. I believe with this guide it will help more people to write quality post for themselves and also be able to shun copy and paste

If you are creating a topic thread, the title of the topic should be something that people write on the search bar of Google and other search engines. You need to provide useful and interesting information.

If you are creating a topic thread, the title of the topic should be something that people write on the search bar of Google and other search engines. You need to provide useful and interesting information.
Agreed. A forum cannot survive on internal traffic and the direct traffic from registered members. The forum needs social traffic and search traffic. You can get traffic from search engines only when your content appear on the search results.

I am not using Trendri but I hear that the forum demands long topic threads. That's because they are trying to generate traffic from search engines. Bizdustry, on the other hand does not have that kind of requirement.

thanks for the clarification , that's really learn allot from my previous mistakes, at first I don't understand what is meant by low trash post ,but you've made it clear unto me , thanks

low trash post quality,I have been hearing many news on that.many user are banned because they do not produce a quality post.but I have learnt from this article today.

You have made a very good point that is worth emulating. The best way to write quality content is by making it original and always have a grasp of the information your are reporting.

Writing a good content is very important for content creators. You will be able to make a good mark if you write original content. plagiarism would make your content very bad and ridiculous.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back