How to Prevent Hacking

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The best way is to make a difficult admin password. Anyway, I don't think premium software is better at preventing hacking than the major free brands like WordPress, MyBB, phpBB, SMF etc.. That's a myth.

O.K., who feels the software is to blame and can you state reasons?

First of all, lets get basic definitions put forward first.

Hacking, involves knowing vulnerabilities inherent in the software, and if you know if the software has a bug or bad addon somewhere in it, that allows getting into the admin side, without having to guess passwords, then that is hacking.

Cracking, involves pretty much guess work at passwords. This is not the same as hacking, even though many people confuse hacking with cracking. Pretty much, if you do not have a easy to guess password, it will be harder to guess the password, without brute password software's, that will try to break into the account for you. This is why, if you publish anything about yourself online that people can find about you, you do not want to make your password something that relates to that information that can be searched for.

Software can actually be blamed, if it isn't updated frequently, or a bug or line of code isn't tested for vulnerabilities. So, the older the last update, the more likely people will find ways to get into an admin account, without guessing passwords.

Hacking, involves knowing vulnerabilities inherent in the software, and if you know if the software has a bug or bad addon somewhere in it, that allows getting into the admin side, without having to guess passwords, then that is hacking.

Cracking, involves pretty much guess work at passwords. This is not the same as hacking, even though many people confuse hacking with cracking. Pretty much, if you do not have a easy to guess password, it will be harder to guess the password, without brute password software's, that will try to break into the account for you. This is why, if you publish anything about yourself online that people can find about you, you do not want to make your password something that relates to that information that can be searched for.

That's interesting. I was thinking it was all the same. Anyway, the damage is similar of course.

Software can actually be blamed, if it isn't updated frequently, or a bug or line of code isn't tested for vulnerabilities. So, the older the last update, the more likely people will find ways to get into an admin account, without guessing passwords.

You're right. Nonetheless, the major free forum softwares weren't made/maintained by dummies, much like WordPress wasn't.

Use a password based on a native American language. :p It worked in World War II.

There are a few tips we need to follow to prevent hacking and losing access to admin credentials.

1. Update the forum software, whenever the new version gets released. Usually it's related to software bugs.
2. Update the plugins of the forum too. We usually overlook this point.
3. Do not keep simple passwords like your name or your pet name or anything that can be found out easily, with some effort.
4. Do not save your passwords anywhere without any encryption.

installing anti-spyware programs on computers in order to protect them from penetration, and in general anti-spyware applications must be updated in order to benefit from their latest versions.

Keeping your security password/details safe and not sharing it around, also been careful about websites one visits or application one download as it may contain vuruses or malwares

Hacking is very complex and more hackers are getting different codes to get into peoples account on different platform. The best way for this platforms to prevent hacking is to employ the service of ethical hackers

First of all, lets get basic definitions put forward first.

Following with this i want to add , that one best way to prevent such thing is to utilize 2-Factor-Authentication, then its pretty much impossible to gain access to the account . excluding special cases in which the intruder actually had access to the 2nd pass, but still if that ends up happening , it just means you're not taking good care of your information.
I'm quoting the post as i agree with the information provided

One best way to prevent such thing is to utilize 1-factory authentication, then it's pretty much impossible to gain access to the account. Excluding special cases in the intruder actually had access to the second pass, but still if that ends up happening, it just means you are not taking good care of your information.

One of the ways I know and I always adhere to is to avoid entering or clicking just any site link. When a link is sent to me, I make findings online about the link first before clicking it. That's why one had to be careful with all this PTC (pay to click) sites. There are many phishing links circulating online now, once you click on it, the hackers can easily have access to your informations.

Most times, you can't prevent hacking, you can only protect your phone from being hacked by hackers. Don't turn ON "unknown sources". Also, download a very efficient antivirus. Don't forget to back up your data in case of phone theft or damaged goods. Generally, I think iPhone, blackberry and windows phones are more secured than Android phones.

The best way is to make a difficult admin password. Anyway, I don't think premium software is better at preventing hacking than the major free brands like WordPress, MyBB, phpBB, SMF etc.. That's a myth.
O.K., who feels the software is to blame and can you state reasons?
One of the way to prevent them is by been carful of them, because there are many ways they can use to start hacking people, like telling you to send 5000 and get 500000 after 7hrs and many others method that they use to use.

I don't think that the software used to create a website has any thing to do with its hacking. Most times a platform can be hacked if the admin password is a little easy or if the password is compromised. But no matter how strong and sophisticated a platform is a dedicated and gifted hacker can still found a way in. If the US defense website can be hacked, then no platform is safe.

As for me I don't think there's anyway you can prevent been hacked because you can get hacked at anytime if this so called hackers have your time but the moment you just go on low-key and didn't exposed your self to people in times of giving out your details then you saved

If you are to prevent hacking, your password or passcode must be properly choosed, don't use your name alone as your Facebook password or on WhatsApp in fact in any online platform that requires you to put some password as a protective measure, your phone number should not be used too! Before you choose any password please think about it, and make sure it's strong.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back