What's new

How to overcome the issue of high price of houses that leads to unoccupied houses

Personally I wouldn't really bother about any house that is too expensive for me to afford and actually make a living for myself because I'm not going to pay house rent alone to stay with nothing

Here in Port Harcourt, paying in installment works for some house owners that is friendly and having some human reverence. I've seen many costly house here, but the owners takes half payment then later taking the remaining to accommodate those tenants.
That's better tho because it's better than just letting the building go to waste with no one living in it, I think the government could step in too in cases like this but still it depends on the property owners

That's better tho because it's better than just letting the building go to waste with no one living in it, I think the government could step in too in cases like this but still it depends on the property owners
Yes, the govt can't decide for the house owners concerning their property, they have the final say on what to charge for each commercial apartment.

Yes, the govt can't decide for the house owners concerning their property, they have the final say on what to charge for each commercial apartment.
Your statement is correct, the government should not decide. However, in the case of my country, when they began to emigrate in view of the economic situation, the government decided that anyone could appropriate the abandoned houses. There is still the struggle of the owners and the government has paid for some of the houses as it pleases, so as not to remove the new occupants.

True that but they can still implement policies that would ve favourable to tenants so these buildings don't just remain isolated just because people can't seem to afford it

Your statement is correct, the government should not decide. However, in the case of my country, when they began to emigrate in view of the economic situation, the government decided that anyone could appropriate the abandoned houses. There is still the struggle of the owners and the government has paid for some of the houses as it pleases, so as not to remove the new occupants.
That's very petulant of your country, not every country govt can do such to its citizens that fall short paying for such high apartment. Here in my country, our govt is speechless, since they aren't providing shelter to anyone or caring much for its subjects. So the house owners fix whatever price they feel like in order to earn steady passive income.

That's very petulant of your country, not every country govt can do such to its citizens that fall short paying for such high apartment. Here in my country, our govt is speechless, since they aren't providing shelter to anyone or caring much for its subjects. So the house owners fix whatever price they feel like in order to earn steady passive income.
It should not happen, this was a dictatorial measure that should never have happened. For now the situation has calmed down, but this was a total madness that to this day, there are the consequences and the struggles continue for the recovery of properties.

It should not happen, this was a dictatorial measure that should never have happened. For now the situation has calmed down, but this was a total madness that to this day, there are the consequences and the struggles continue for the recovery of properties.
Its nice that your own country is recovering from the property loss, and the government is helping out to at least assist the vulnerable ones by making shelter available, and subsidizing the high price to affordable.

Here in my country we aren't entrusted by that, our govt doesn't care about us, individuals own lands, and build whatever that suits them.

Six possible solutions to the affordable housing

Rents are rising. The number of low-income units is dwindling. And efforts to address the issue in the region have met with little success while the number of homeless residents, particularly in the District, rises.
1. Invest more in housing production trust funds.
2. Survey public land for building opportunities
3. Reduce the number of exemptions from inclusionary zoning laws.
4. Have employers pick up the slack.
5. Embrace “Granny Flats.”
6. Reject the idea that rapid rehousing will help.

Its nice that your own country is recovering from the property loss, and the government is helping out to at least assist the vulnerable ones by making shelter available, and subsidizing the high price to affordable.

Here in my country we aren't entrusted by that, our govt doesn't care about us, individuals own lands, and build whatever that suits them.
Yes, the country is helping the vulnerable, and on the other hand it is paying for the properties, not at the price the owners expect, but at least they are not losing everything as has happened in some cases. I think the best way out is for the government to hire companies to build new properties for the vulnerable, and to respect the properties and their owners.

Some empty houses in our village that used to be rented out are now wanting in tenants. The rent is high and the officers of the village said that prospective tenants are turned off especially with the furnished houses because of the very costly rent. Maybe house owners should consider that we are in the pandemic era.

I won't entirely blame the owners of these houses for putting high prices on their property, land in places like that cost a lot of money and those are quality building, you don't expect them to charge low after all the money they spent building such houses. Property tax will be the best option to remedy the situation but it will be unfair to those owners.
The best way to avoid issue of overpriced houses that leads to an occupied building in various places is building their house according to the capacity of people living in such location.

Some empty houses in our village that used to be rented out are now wanting in tenants. The rent is high and the officers of the village said that prospective tenants are turned off especially with the furnished houses because of the very costly rent. Maybe house owners should consider that we are in the pandemic era.
Regarding the high costs in your area, an option that applies in my country. Here most properties are rented unfurnished, tenants take their furniture and belongings with them when they move out. The places that are rented furnished are the student ones. This lowers the high cost of rents.

I think the best or the better truth is always to be stated no matter how it will sound to me those houese where imposed a very great amount of money without considering those people that will be occupying those property for a while to me I think the government are there to make regulations concerning housing renting property in such are manner that the price can be regulated to the berriest manageable amount.

I don't think the government can have a say in this. These are privately owned properties and the government has no say in them. Just individuals need to learn to consider low income earners.

Personally I don't really blame the landlord's or house owner for making their ranks to be too expensive because of her expensive materials for building houses are in the world today.

I wonder why my post is not credited when the 1 hour gap has passed. This is the first time this happened.
The best way to avoid the issue of high price of housing that causes unoccupied houses for real estate owners to build houses that the people can afford not expensive houses.

This is a very serious thing in my country currently especially the capital city where several Estate houses where built that so many people can't afford their prices and so the owner of such houses leaves the house empty and unoccupied for as long as he can.
Going through the highbrow area of Abuja the capital city of Nigeria, you will notice a silhouette of beautiful arranged similar houses, if you check them, they are all empty because of the outrageous prices put on them.
Now this issue is generating a buzz right now, how can we remedy the situation, how can the government remedy this situation? Please Iets discuss this.
So this is the reason I see beautiful estates with lifeless apartments.
How are potential clients expected to buy or rent houses with outrageous price tags?
property owners should find a way to regulate the costs of houses, so that people can afford them.

One important way of overcoming high price which leads to unoccupied houses is simply, allowing the buyer of the house to pay instalmentaly, this help them to pay for the house without really feeling it. This is how the government encourage their citizens to get house at an affordable price mostly in Nigeria.
This is a very good way to look at it.recently lots of property developers have device a means whereby intending owners are given some leverage by making them to pay instalmentaly.

This is a very serious thing in my country currently especially the capital city where several Estate houses where built that so many people can't afford their prices and so the owner of such houses leaves the house empty and unoccupied for as long as he can.
Going through the highbrow area of Abuja the capital city of Nigeria, you will notice a silhouette of beautiful arranged similar houses, if you check them, they are all empty because of the outrageous prices put on them.
Now this issue is generating a buzz right now, how can we remedy the situation, how can the government remedy this situation? Please Iets discuss this.
Some house owners do not know when the time is just right to negotiate house prices with their potential buyers and reach a compromise.
This has led to so many unoccupied houses in an estate.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back