What's new

How to overcome the issue of high price of houses that leads to unoccupied houses

This is a very serious thing in my country currently especially the capital city where several Estate houses where built that so many people can't afford their prices and so the owner of such houses leaves the house empty and unoccupied for as long as he can.
Going through the highbrow area of Abuja the capital city of Nigeria, you will notice a silhouette of beautiful arranged similar houses, if you check them, they are all empty because of the outrageous prices put on them.
Now this issue is generating a buzz right now, how can we remedy the situation, how can the government remedy this situation? Please Iets discuss this.
Demand for affordable housing is high, but supply is down in many U.S. cities.

More than 11 million renters and 8 million homeowners spend more than half their income on housing; this results in extreme cost burdens and jeopardizes individual health, according to a Salud America! research review.
A lack of federal action and cash-strapped state and local budgets have contributed to the affordable housing crisis,” writes Teresa Wiltz for Pew Trusts. “Citizens are showing up at town halls and city council meetings demanding action.”
Cities must find a way to boost affordable housing, but how can they make a difference?

There are a lot of greedy people in my country Nigeria, most especially the corrupt politicians. I'm just imagining how is is possible for one to build a house and put outrageous price on it as rent fee and when it seems not possible for it to be rented out due to the outrageous rent they won't still bother to bring the price down, instead they prefer the house to be without occupants, this is sure one of the highest level of greediness I have seen.

This is a very serious thing in my country currently especially the capital city where several Estate houses where built that so many people can't afford their prices and so the owner of such houses leaves the house empty and unoccupied for as long as he can.
Going through the highbrow area of Abuja the capital city of Nigeria, you will notice a silhouette of beautiful arranged similar houses, if you check them, they are all empty because of the outrageous prices put on them.
Now this issue is generating a buzz right now, how can we remedy the situation, how can the government remedy this situation? Please Iets discuss this.
High cost of House is as a result of high cost of building the house to the house owner. To buy a land in such places you mentioned are very expensive, couple with the quality of such houses, after those expenses it is normal for a house owner to put a high rent for the house.

We Can Solve the Affordable Housing Crisis by following strategies
Create Affordable Housing Trusts. Housing trust funds are established, ongoing, and public funding sources for low-income housing developments in both states and cities. ...
Fund via Bond Elections. ...
Offer Incentives, Tax Breaks. ...
Relax Zoning, Developing Rules. ...
Engage Big Tech (and Big Businesses). ...
Revitalize Neighborhoods.

The bitter truth is that those estates were not built from hard earned money but from proceeds of corrupt practices and embezzlement. No business minded individual will build and leave it unoccupied for years without a care.
The best the government could do is to start heavily taxing those properties so as to bring a little reluctance to those who just own assets because they needed a way to launder funds embezzled.

There is no two ways to how an investor can solve this kind of issue than to bring the price of the rent down to what people can afford. If youa are offering services that customers can never afford it's very obvious that you will be the one to use your products and services yourself so I think the Investors will need to do the needful

I think the problem is from the government, because they are not laying any stipulated rules down that is against the rich people because if you find out its the rich people plot so they feel the poor ones cannot afford the price so they believe the rich will rent the house so its all about laws.

This is a simple one, overcoming high price tags for buildings by the owner to avoid unoccupied houses is absolutely in the hands of the house owner, he or she has to take into account the reason why prospective tenants are not renting or leasing his home. If it's the price he thinks it to be, he should make an obvious change over seeing the building sit empty.

High prices of houses occurred in most overpopulated cities. Estate agents always use the overpopulation to increase the prices of their properties due to the increased numbers of people in the neighborhood to the price an average earner won't be able to afford.

From my experience and understanding with what happens when an individual is looking for a new apartment to purchase, no one ever likes to overpay for any kind of property.

High prices of houses occurred in most overpopulated cities. Estate agents always use the overpopulation to increase the prices of their properties due to the increased numbers of people in the neighborhood to the price an average earner won't be able to afford.
There are many vacant houses in our village and I guess they all need to be remodeled or enhanced. Most are old houses that I think is sold for a cheap price since it's been years that they are vacant. Maybe the owners do not need money and they have moved to another town so they just neglect their vacant house.

There are many vacant houses in our village and I guess they all need to be remodeled or enhanced. Most are old houses that I think is sold for a cheap price since it's been years that they are vacant. Maybe the owners do not need money and they have moved to another town so they just neglect their vacant house.
Village houses are mostly cheap and most times are not easy to sell like it urban houses if the need arises. Remodelling a village house will cost a lot of money which will add to the selling cost of the house and you might find it difficult to sell the house in the amounts that you will make profits from it.

If i seek to rent or hire an apartment and it becomes to expensive more than others own in the same settings I'll quickly resign. Go elsewhere to price that same building to reduce the amount stated by the previous owner to get it based on the normal price.

I wonder why my post is not credited when the 1 hour gap has passed. This is the first time this happened.
I also had this issue. But i got an information that you can only earn from 72 post per day, so maybe you must have exhausted your 72 chances within the last 24 hours, just wait abit then start again to start another circle of 24 hours

This is really a common occurrence and mostly in Abuja like you rightly and not so much in Lagos, there are quite a number of factors that could responsible for that but I think allowing instalments could work

I don't think we still have government in Nigeria, because all this thing supposed to be regulated before now,but not and even the price of foods now is way too high and no government body is doing anything about it.

Over here in my country in a state that is called our federal Capital Territory there are so many houses that are not occupied because of high costs that the house have been scheduled for which makes people run away from it.

This is really a common occurrence and mostly in Abuja like you rightly and not so much in Lagos, there are quite a number of factors that could responsible for that but I think allowing instalments could work
Here in Port Harcourt, paying in installment works for some house owners that is friendly and having some human reverence. I've seen many costly house here, but the owners takes half payment then later taking the remaining to accommodate those tenants.

There is no profit to putting the prices of your apartment on very high in a situation whereby people who will not be willing to pay for rent for your house is thereby making it an empty house for just standing alone

Some house owners drop their house apartments at a very high cost, making it very expensive for the average persons to rent. The reason is cos of the location, developed settlement charges higher for rent than the rural areas. But the landlord shouldn't all that make the house too expensive for tenants to secure, he or she should put the price affordable.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back