What's new

How to map a custom domain to a blogger blog?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
Blogger is a free blogging platform from Google. The main benefit of using blogger for blogging is you can not only launch a site for free, you can even use Adsense and Amazon ads and make money. While you can use Amazon on any site, including free blogging sites and social sites, adsesne is available only for self hosted site, the only exception is blogger. Blogger being Google's product approves the site for adsense. If you are using free blogging platform, you better use blogger.

Interesting thing about blogger is you can map a custom domain with blogger account and use a custom domain website on blogspot platform. In other words, if you have a custom domain, for example mysite.com, you can map this domain to your blogger account and create a website with a custom domain.

How to Map a Custom Domain to a Blogger Blog?

You need a blogger account. When you go to setting, you will find a place to add your custom domain. You have two options, one to connect your google domain, two connect to non google domain. In order to use your non google domain, you will have to go to your domain registrar, open DNS records and 4 A-records that point to Google IPs.

I was not aware that you could map a domain with blogger. I would like to give this a try but looks like it is very technical work.

By maping your domain with blogger, you will be able to host your website without spending a dime. Since it is your own domain, you also have full control on your website.

I checked your link. The tutorial looks easy to follow. I might try this option when I register a domain.

It's actually good to know that one can map one's domain with Blogger.com blog. I have a blog that I created with Blogger.com and I would definitely try mapping it with my domain name.

The kind of domain you use depends on the kind of niche you are into. health images will probably use domains related to health and general well-being.

Connecting Your Domain to Blogger
Log in to Blogger.com and select the blog you would like to connect to your domain.
In the left side menu, click Settings.
Scroll down to the Publishing section and select Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog.
Enter your domain name and click Save.

One thing about this for free sites is that you do not get access to enjoy all the benefits the site may offer without the free offer. Normally, blogger earn money from those sites.

I have one question. A Blogger blog can be deleted at any time of Google sees that the site violates the policy. Does this also happen to a blogger blog that uses custom domain?

Everyday i read something like this i always like the content and i wish one day that i can also get something like this for myself and also become a blogger but I usually feel discourage thinking it might not be something that very easy to do plus the number of people that are blogger

I have one question. A Blogger blog can be deleted at any time of Google sees that the site violates the policy. Does this also happen to a blogger blog that uses custom domain?
Even though you can map a custom domain and use your own domain with blogspot instead of subdomain, your site is not in your complete control because you are hosting on google platform

I have not used Blogger in years but had no idea this could be done. Sounds interesting. I personally wouldn't go back to using the platform after having used WordPress for almost 10 years now.

Wow, i'm definitely learning something new. I never knew that it's possible to map a domain with blogger and the good thing about it is that it is free to launch a site.

Blogger is a free blogging platform from Google. The main benefit of using blogger for blogging is you can not only launch a site for free, you can even use Adsense and Amazon ads and make money. While you can use Amazon on any site, including free blogging sites and social sites, adsesne is available only for self hosted site, the only exception is blogger. Blogger being Google's product approves the site for adsense. If you are using free blogging platform, you better use blogger.

Interesting thing about blogger is you can map a custom domain with blogger account and use a custom domain website on blogspot platform. In other words, if you have a custom domain, for example mysite.com, you can map this domain to your blogger account and create a website with a custom domain.

How to Map a Custom Domain to a Blogger Blog?

You need a blogger account. When you go to setting, you will find a place to add your custom domain. You have two options, one to connect your google domain, two connect to non google domain. In order to use your non google domain, you will have to go to your domain registrar, open DNS records and 4 A-records that point to Google IPs.
You must first buy a web domain from a domain registrar in order to map a custom domain to a Blogger site. The "Publish" tab must then be selected in your Blogger configurations. Click "Switch to: Custom Domain" and input the web address you bought under the "Blog Address" area.

You must first buy a web domain from a domain registrar in order to map a custom domain to a Blogger site. The "Publish" tab must then be selected in your Blogger configurations. Click "Switch to: Custom Domain" and input the web address you bought under the "Blog Address" area.
Don't try to teach me how to map a custom domain, I have done that multiple times for my clients. You need to point your domain's DNS to blogger, do you know how to do that?

Don't try to teach me how to map a custom domain, I have done that multiple times for my clients. You need to point your domain's DNS to blogger, do you know how to do that?
This usually entails visiting the website of the domain registrar, locating the DNS settings, and establishing a new CNAME record with the webpage and the Blogger server's Points To address.

This usually entails visiting the website of the domain registrar, locating the DNS settings, and establishing a new CNAME record with the webpage and the Blogger server's Points To address.
The hosting provider do all this so they offers free blog installation or software installation so all you have is to pay the money and they will do the rest do not make much head ache with these steps.

If you want to create a website and make money but you cannot afford hosting, you can try this method. When you map your domain, you will have a custom domain site on blogger. You just pay for domain and nothing else.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back