What's new

How to handle defaulting tenants?

Any tenant who does not pay or give reasonable reasons why he or she can't pay rent should be charge to court,though some tenant will just bring up lies as reason.tonme give some time then send them out or offer them a lower price apartment to stay where you feel they will be able to afford

It depends on the laws of the land,but you can still show them mercy if you're the considerate and understanding type of human being

That is why it is very important to always draw up a contract of agreement between you and the tenants before letting anyone imto your property.

My parents have an estate where people Lodge in and are expected to remit some money yearly, but so many of the tenants are not willing to pay even after constant reminder. What is the best way to handle such individuals?
Defaulting tenants is always an issue property owners face but I feel like the best way to handle that is to allow such tenant go and get a more worthy tenant but proper screening should be done to know the financial capability if such tenant and make sure the person is not like the previous one

In a situation like this, I involve a legal body. I don't get directly involved with my tenants buy a lawyer does the collecting of money yearly and this method has been helpful.

Some tenants are madly stubborn in cases like this and it's very annoying seeing someone doing this in your own property. Personally, I will send you parking with expensive items locked up inside until you are done paying the complete rent or I might end up selling the tenants properties to get back the full rent.

That is why it is very important to always draw up a contract of agreement between you and the tenants before letting anyone imto your property.
That is right. With a contract, you can easily involve the law in collecting your rent from defaulting tenants. But without a contract, the tenants can easily deny ever having anything to do with you.

I think it would be very good to hand over such a tenants to the appropriate authority in real estate industry. If there is none in your country, you can ask your lawyer to charge the tenants to the court of law. I think the matter should be solved over there.

My parents have an estate where people Lodge in and are expected to remit some money yearly, but so many of the tenants are not willing to pay even after constant reminder. What is the best way to handle such individuals?
This is why it's important to invole a legal party when it comes to renting your apartments to anyone. The presence of the law there will always make them not to default.

In a situation like this, I involve a legal body. I don't get directly involved with my tenants buy a lawyer does the collecting of money yearly and this method has been helpful.
Its better to involved a legal body and after that you yourself can still talk to your tenant,give him sometime if he dosnt comply with your directive then you can involve a legal body to take the neccesary action dont take the law in your hand

You are going to waste a lot of resources trying to deal with default tenant. your focus should be how to get rid of them from the property as soon as possible. This will give room for other good tenants to occupy the property.

You are going to waste a lot of resources trying to deal with default tenant. your focus should be how to get rid of them from the property as soon as possible. This will give room for other good tenants to occupy the property.
Its really true a defaulty tenant will even bring bad reputation to your house or home but dont take the law in your hand if your tenant do something that upset you its better to get the law enforcement to settle and evacuate him in such premisis dont take the law in your hand its may cost you alot

You do not really have to go into something that will make you to spend so much money ,the best thing is just to try as much as possible to get them out from your building, some of them are always like that most especially in Lagos and other big cities here in Nigeria.

we have different kinds of people. sometimes it even makes me to wonder.the tenant might have the money to pay his rent but he will refuse to do so, thinking you will favour him for that time.the best way to solve this is by throwing them out.

we have different kinds of people. sometimes it even makes me to wonder.the tenant might have the money to pay his rent but he will refuse to do so, thinking you will favour him for that time.the best way to solve this is by throwing them out.
You cant just through them out that way,I beleive if you can allow the law enforcement handle the issue it will be more convient than taking the law in your hand,some tenant will have the money but refuses to settle their rent such tenant need a letter from the court that is what I will do if such situatiom befall me

You cant just through them out that way,I beleive if you can allow the law enforcement handle the issue it will be more convient than taking the law in your hand,some tenant will have the money but refuses to settle their rent such tenant need a letter from the court that is what I will do if such situatiom befall me
I get to the point your trying to make. trowing them out will be like taking the law in your hands.but some tenants are annoying they might have the money but they'll refused to settle there house rent.

There is no way except o resort to legal actions if your tenants are not paying the rents. If you have a written contract, you can easily take a legal action, but it you do not have a written contract, it will be difficult to recover your rent.

Well every community or society have a standing rules that cover or governing it tenant act is there in our constitution and we need to follow they law to avoid any further embarrassment

There is no way except o resort to legal actions if your tenants are not paying the rents. If you have a written contract, you can easily take a legal action, but it you do not have a written contract, it will be difficult to recover your rent.
Its always been better if you can take legal action rather than taking the law in your hand its not adviceable,when your tenant is not paying the rent always try and contact him at first talk to him then you can resolved the issue just both of you but in a case where he proff stuborn then you have no option than taking him to court

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back