What's new

How to Design a Forum on Wordpress

Install the bbPress Plugin. To install the plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard Plugins > Add New, and search for bbPress.
Create a New Forum.
Adding Topics to Your Forum.
Integrate Your Forum Into Your Site.
Get Your Forum Working the Way You Want.

Designing a forum using wordpress is quite an easy task because it has an option whereby you will need to select forum template on the website you want to design and it is quite easy to do.

I have one simple question. Do these forums built on wordpress look as good as the forums build with forum software like Xenforo? Are these wordpress forums user friendly?

yes, they look as good as the forums built with a proper forum scripts. You would never know the forum was built on wordpress if the admin decides to hide everything related to wordpress.

If you want to develop a forum yet are confused about how to develop a forum with the traditional forum scripts, WordPress is the best option. WordPress is a content management system that can be used to create any kind of site including forums.

Before I begin let me assume that you already have a self hosted wordpress website.

Now, lets begin.

Wordpress site can be customized to kind of website through plugins. You need to add specific plugins to add specific functionality. Here are some plugins that can help you create wordpress website with a forum functionality.

bbPress: bbPresss is the best forum software for wordpress website. Install the plugin, create categories and subcategories and you are ready to go.

wpForo: This forum software for wordpress has more than 30 thousand installs and 285 5-star ratings. This is also a good forum plugin

Asgaros: This is my favorite and the easiest of all forum software.
All this asgaros, wpForo, bbpress looks strange in my eyes, please what of those that are planning to have a website? Building A forum is not my thing but i might need a website someday.

Currently, I am developing a forum on wordpress, I am using wpforo plugin for this purpose. Before this I had never used this plugin but now I am just loving it.

Simply log in to your WordPress admin area and go to Plugins » Add New . Search for bbPress and then select bbPress from results. Install and activate the plugin. Upon activation, you will see the welcome screen for bbPress.

Designing a forum with WordPress is very easy. You just need to buy domain name and hosting and after that you will install WordPress from your cpanel and choose any theme for your business

Enter your website name. Select a unique name for your forum website that can help your business stand out.
Add preferred features to your website. Build a great forum website without any coding.
Launch your website. Test your forum website and launch it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back